Charlottesville

Moderators: Irish Mike, blue, Jabberdave, Cus

1.9508 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Pretty fucked up.

User avatar 2.Jabberdave » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Indeed.

User avatar 3.ufgators68 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:06 am

Did it drizzle and stop the race?

Oh... Just now saw the news. That is fucked up.

4.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:03 am

Trump is somewhat responsible for this deterioration in race relations... just like obama was... right?

5.9508 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:50 am

Eh... I'm sure some will make that connection. But I prefer to lay the blame on the people being assholes.

6.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 am

Eh... I'm sure some will make that connection. But I prefer to lay the blame on the people being assholes.
The point is several on here blamed obama for not saying enough or even instigating. Just wondering if they will hold trump to the same standard?

User avatar 7.Irish Mike » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:34 am

The point is several on here blamed obama for not saying enough or even instigating. Just wondering if they will hold trump to the same standard?
When did trump advocate for white power?

8.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 am

When did trump advocate for white power?
When did obama advocate for black power? Still didn't stop some here from placing blame. Also, lets not act like trump is unaware of the support he has from these assholes. Any rebukes were lukewarm at best.

9.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:40 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

"Many sides"

This douchebag still can't bring himself to do it

User avatar 10.ufgators68 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:52 am

User avatar 11.panamag8or » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Time to ban Dodge Chargers.
That was a Challenger, but... okay.

User avatar 12.Cus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:44 pm

How about we don't turn this tragedy into yet another Trump/Obama bash party?

13.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:03 pm

It's sorta what we do. Look, I know you're not the type to take part in this sort of thing but I could throw out a handful of names who jumped all over obamas shit any time a black person got out of line. These fuckin assholes live hate and this president can't bring himself to place the blame where it belongs.

User avatar 14.Irish Mike » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 pm

It's sorta what we do. Look, I know you're not the type to take part in this sort of thing but I could throw out a handful of names who jumped all over obamas shit any time a black person got out of line. These fuckin assholes live hate and this president can't bring himself to place the blame where it belongs.
That's fair. But we're 15 idiots in a little corner of the internet. The mainstream media never once gave Obama any shit for his equivocation every time a black person or black group caused problems.

It was always "i don't condone their actions, but they have a legitimate gripe" bullshit.

15.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:51 pm

That's fair. But we're 15 idiots in a little corner of the internet. The mainstream media never once gave Obama any shit for his equivocation every time a black person or black group caused problems.

It was always "i don't condone their actions, but they have a legitimate gripe" bullshit.
Fair enough. I'll concede that obama could've taken a harder tact. I wont draw an equivalency between BLM and the white power peeps, there is a difference (I don't think that was a point you were making). Also, I'm not saying this is Donald's fault, but I do think at worst he's emboldening them by not strongly condemning and at best not doing enough to cool the racial divides

16.Juggs » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Treyvon could've been his son!

17.9508 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Look, it's not hard. Even a screaming liberal like Orin Hatch can figure it out.

I mean we love to call each other Nazis, but these guys... are.

I will say though, going to protest the Neo Nazis is a fools errand. It's what they want.

18.Juggs » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Ignoring them would be best.

User avatar 19.Irish Mike » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Ignoring them would be best.
Yep.

They would have marched, mosquitos would have died, and no one would remember this in a month.

20.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 pm

That is true... and never gonna happen

21.Rampart » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Treyvon could've been his son!
Yes, that's exactly the same as not unequivocally denouncing multiple groups of people whose entire purpose is national purification and saying the things they like to hear. The David Dukes of the world don't endorse you because you are or are perceived to be cool with minorities

22.Juggs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:05 am

It really isn't. Hate groups like this are nothing new and are basically ignore by everyone except once a year at something dumb like this. It doesn't draw more people in or gain any supporters.

Shit Obama said stoked the fires to divide white and black. It basically helped instigate riots because the President sided with the niggers rioting, looting, and attacking innocent people. Don't know about you, but I've seen no Nazis breaking window, stealing, and disrupting commerce. Obama basically condoned those actions by blacks.

See the difference there? If you don't, you're just another skag.

23.Rampart » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:13 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

24.Juggs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 am

Aaaand that's an admission of defeat ala skag.

I'm no big fan of Trump, but to equate this to Obama's condoning of violence....

25.9508 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:27 am

Wait, are we now giving Neo Nazis the moral high ground.
Sort by

« Gators Fucking Suck and Everything Sucks