Callaway

Moderators: Irish Mike, blue, Jabberdave, Cus

User avatar 1.RIP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Rumors are swirling that he's involved in credit card fraud and will be kicked off the team. No criminal charges will be filed but he's really fucked up with Mac. I'll post more as the facts come out. A true freshman is also involved but I haven't heard any names. They have to pay restitution if they don't want to be kicked off the team.
Last edited by RIP on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 2.Irish Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Bye

3.Juggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Just fucking kick him off already. I'm sick of this piece of shit doing stupid ass things and getting our hopes up that he'll stay out of trouble or any kind of controversy. Just be done with it.

User avatar 4.Jabberdave » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:10 pm

Just fucking kick him off already. I'm sick of this piece of shit doing stupid ass things and getting our hopes up that he'll stay out of trouble or any kind of controversy. Just be done with it.
Tend to agree.

User avatar 5.Irish Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Kinda what I meant with my comment. :lol:

6.Juggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm cranky(er) without my booze :eg:

I'm gonna have to hit up hogans on my way home

User avatar 7.RIP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Spivey commented that nobody is kicked out yet and we have to see how things play out. This is supposedly about using money from financial aid to buy stuff then reporting the cards stolen.

8.Rampart » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Jesus. Dumb. As. Fuck.

User avatar 9.RIP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Word now is that the players were using a financial aid or school issued card and then reporting it stolen so that it would get replaced. Essentially, they could double the money.

Supposedly one player did it and told others and then they started doing it as well. A single incident didn't throw up any red flags, but when the number of people claiming lost or stolen cards starting growing the admin started looking into it. Apparently one player admitted to it and gave the name of the guy that came up with the scam.

Supposedly one player (not a starter) has already been dismissed from the team. I am guessing that would be the ring leader. The other players are going to have to make restitution to remain eligible. Punishment will be handled in house. No charges filed with authorities.

It's also being said that one player was forced to leave his shared apartment by another players parents who have the lease to the apartment.

Looks like this whole thing has huge potential to be divisive in the locker room and be a huge distraction.

BTW, the starters involved are supposedly Callaway and OL Taylor. Once again, this is just what I heard.

Jordan Smith will be gone. Not sure about Callaway because of the previous issues. Jawaan Taylor should be fine. Boosters will pay restitutions and this will be swept under the rug. Not as bad as appeared.
From SEC Rant/GatorChatter

10.Juggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm

stupid fucking kids

User avatar 11.RIP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

stupid fucking kids
yep. this is about the most tame trouble they could get into but shows stupidity. :facepalm:

12.Juggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm

stupid fucking kids
yep. this is about the most tame trouble they could get into but shows stupidity. :facepalm:
Hey guys, this isn't stealing and no way they'll ever notice if we all do it at once!

User avatar 13.ufgators68 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 pm

User avatar 14.RIP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:09 pm

GC melted down and they deleted the thread :lol: Folks ended up getting banned.

User avatar 15.Irish Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Pussy fags

User avatar 16.RIP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Pussy fags
pussyfagcation

User avatar 17.panamag8or » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:50 am

From NEIL SHULMAN at inallkindsofweather.
Multiple sources have confirmed to me that five Gator football players have been involved in credit card fraud.

Per the source, at some point during Summer B, Antonio Callaway, Jawaan Taylor, Brad Stewart, Kadeem Telfort, and Jordan Smith went into a store and bought $1500 worth of items on three student credit cards. The credit cards were issued to them as part of their athletic scholarship, and were given to purchase items needed as student athletes. The items purchased did not fall under this category. The players then went out and sold the items.

An additional source has since told me that Taylor was not involved.

The Gainesville Police Department does not plan on making any arrests, and the University of Florida does not plan on disciplining its players; the school is more interested in being compensated than in punishing the players. Given that the players did not have explicit permission from UF to either buy the items or sell them, that is a form of stealing, so if there were to be charges filed, they would be “scheme to defraud” charges, which are a third degree felony.

At this point, allow me to dispel a few rumors floating around:

-The amount of money spent on the credit cards was not $150,000, but $1500. UF tightly monitors what happens with its credit cards, and would have figured it out immediately had the amount been much more.

-These events took place some time ago, so arrests would have been made had the amount been significantly larger.

-The credit cards did not belong to fellow UF students, and were obtained by the players fully legally. They were not stolen.

-Malik Zaire and Chauncey Gardner, two players rumored to have participated in this, were not involved.

-No player will be kicked out of school or dismissed from the team because of this. If suspensions do happen, they will come from Jim McElwain, not the school, and they figure to be minimal.

I’m still tying up a few loose ends to this story, and will have everything for you by tomorrow or Monday. But for now, know that the crimes committed were not nearly as horrible as the rumors claim they were.

18.blue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:08 am

He'll look good catching passes from Grier in WV.

User avatar 19.RIP » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:29 am

He'll look good catching passes from Grier in WV.
He will be Grier's coke dealer.

User avatar 20.RIP » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:30 am

Multiple sources have confirmed to me that five Gator football players have been involved in credit card fraud.

Per the source, at some point during Summer B, Antonio Callaway, Jawaan Taylor, Brad Stewart, Kadeem Telfort, and Jordan Smith went into a store and bought $1500 worth of items on three student credit cards. The credit cards were issued to them as part of their athletic scholarship, and were given to purchase items needed as student athletes. The items purchased did not fall under this category. The players then went out and sold the items.

The Gainesville Police Department does not plan on making any arrests, and the University of Florida does not plan on disciplining its players; the school is more interested in being compensated than in punishing the players. Given that the players did not have explicit permission from UF to either buy the items or sell them, that is a form of stealing, so if there were to be charges filed, they would be “scheme to defraud” charges, which are a third degree felony.

-The amount of money spent on the credit cards was not $150,000, but $1500. UF tightly monitors what happens with its credit cards, and would have figured it out immediately had the amount been much more.

-These events took place some time ago, so arrests would have been made had the amount been significantly larger.

-The credit cards did not belong to fellow UF students, and were obtained by the players fully legally. They were not stolen.

-Malik Zaire and Chauncey Gardner, two players rumored to have participated in this, were not involved.

-No player will be kicked out of school or dismissed from the team because of this. If suspensions do happen, they will come from Jim McElwain, not the school, and they figure to be minimal.

I’m still tying up a few loose ends to this story, and will have everything for you by tomorrow or Monday. But for now, know that the crimes committed were not nearly as horrible as the rumors claim they were.
Hopefully this is the whole story. Sounds like a very minor offense and nobody should be kicked off if true.

21.9508 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:44 am

I fucking hate the off season

User avatar 22.Jabberdave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:53 am

Hopefully this is the whole story. Sounds like a very minor offense and nobody should be kicked off if true.
I don't know. Fraud is fraud. Taking advantage of the team/school that feeds you is pretty shitty.

User avatar 23.Irish Mike » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:55 am

Fuck him

User avatar 24.RIP » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:57 am

I argree it's shitty and they should be punished but maybe not kicked off the team. If Mac did boot Callaway he'd be justified though.

User avatar 25.Jabberdave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:29 am

At minimum, loss of financial aid. That would probably, unfortunately, cause a couple of them to drop out.
Sort by

« Gators Fucking Suck and Everything Sucks