Emerald Lakes

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1.PG. » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:13 am

New development planned for south Palm Bay. I guess there are a number of these big pool/lake subdivisions going in across the globe. I have no idea how you keep the water clean. Must be a hell of a filter somewhere.

https://www.emeraldlakesflorida.com/crystal-lagoons/

2.52:20 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Looks like a disney resort

3.Denver-Gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:01 pm

I could see a developer reel people in on this, make money, and then bail on everyone, turning the water green and letting it fall into disrepair.

User avatar 4.DocZaius » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:15 pm

Looks pretty cool, but I'm feeling like an old fuddy-duddy because I hate new developments.

5.evil gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:35 pm

people have to live somewhere

I prefer things a bit more real but to each his own

User avatar 6.Panamag8or » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:25 pm

I'm getting tired of the "live, work, play" trope.

7.evil gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:32 pm

I love not having to get into a car

User avatar 8.Panamag8or » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:59 pm

I'm fine with being at home. I don't have to be somewhere, being entertained all the time.

9.evil gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:10 pm

I'm fine with being at home. I don't have to be somewhere, being entertained all the time.
Those damn kids and their activities

10.lil numby » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:37 pm

this place was just built near us, haven't been over there since the lagoon was finished so i have no idea how it actually looks. any home that is within a few minute walk of the lagoon is expectedly expensive, but even the ones that aren't have ridiculous HOA fees - smaller home in the 3 BR/1500sqft range is looking around $600 per month.

11.evil gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:45 pm

it looks nice tho

12.lil numby » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:22 pm

it looks nice tho
it does, they have some huge townhouses right on the walking path that circles the lagoon that look amazing

User avatar 13.angrigator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:13 pm

Not my kinda place.

14.rampart » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:34 am

this place was just built near us, haven't been over there since the lagoon was finished so i have no idea how it actually looks. any home that is within a few minute walk of the lagoon is expectedly expensive, but even the ones that aren't have ridiculous HOA fees - smaller home in the 3 BR/1500sqft range is looking around $600 per month.

I was browsing some really nice homes in a Martin county yacht club community. The asking prices were astonishingly low. I figured out why when I looked at the required membership fee. It was 3 times the cost of the projected monthly mortgage payment.

15.Juggs » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:02 am

Agree.

When I was doing online dating, every time I saw (which was often) a woman say “I work hard, play harder”...mental eye roll, next.

16.evil gator » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:42 am

Agree.

When I was doing online dating, every time I saw (which was often) a woman say “I work hard, play harder”...mental eye roll, next.
Yeah I don’t really get why people have to lie about watching tv all the time
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else