Do we need a rona 4.0 thread?

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1.evil gator » Mon May 03, 2021 2:21 pm

Friends stepdaughter caught Covid from her hs volleyball team, not during matches but hanging out afterwards apparently.

DC is allowing weddings now but no dancing or standing around to visit

Friends ex sent her an anti vac video that included staying away from vaccinated people cuz they may have different energy

2.9508 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm

Coworker has list her father to Covid, mother on a ventilator, brother in ICU with blood clots.

Guess Covid had that Family’s number.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 3.RIP » Mon May 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Holy shit that is fucking awful.
yt

4.52:20 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:27 pm

Damn, that’s terrible

User avatar 5.DocZaius » Mon May 03, 2021 5:35 pm

That sucks.

6.evil gator » Mon May 03, 2021 5:41 pm

wow

7.9508 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 pm

She’s, understandably, a basket case. Every time I’ve spoken to her, she breaks down crying. I’m struggling to even think what to say to her.

8.evil gator » Mon May 03, 2021 5:52 pm

She’s, understandably, a basket case. Every time I’ve spoken to her, she breaks down crying. I’m struggling to even think what to say to her.
take her a casserole or offer to take care of her kids if she has some?

actions seem better than words for something this heavy.

9.52:20 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Yeah, I can't imagine what could help. Best thing you can do is to try to talk to her normally, check on her etc. Most people will avoid her because they don't know what to say either.

10.evil gator » Mon May 03, 2021 5:56 pm

yeah not just can I help but "can I walk your dog for you" seem at least something to show you care.

11.9508 » Mon May 03, 2021 6:30 pm

Sound advice. Thank you all.

12.evil gator » Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm

is it just me or is reopening complicated. Here's my building gym

Management and the Board of Directors are excited to re-open our East Building Gym for you on Tuesday, May 4! Please find the new reservation process below:
Residents are required to register their gym-time by logging into BuildingLink:
Click on “Amenity Reservations.”
Click on “Add New Reservation” (Green Button on top, left-hand corner).
Choose the TIME BLOCK for the East Building Gym you wish to reserve (for example, 7:00 AM – 7:40 AM). Please note, the maximum time of a reservation is set to 40 minutes. Until we can expand our slots as the state relaxes its Covid rules, residents can only reserve one slot per week.
On the calendar, choose the DAY you wish to reserve (Tues., Thurs., Sat., or Sun). Because our gym schedule has been entirely modified to accommodate the schedule of our cleaning staff, the gym will only be open on the days mentioned above.
Read & click “I agree to the above” COVID-19 Waiver and Release & General Rules.
Click SAVE (bottom, right-hand side).
Once reserved on BuildingLink, come down to the front desk (South Building) at least 5 minutes before your reserved time and check-in with the front desk staff. You will be given a key for the gym to use during your reserved time (40 minutes.)
All residents must wipe down equipment before and after each use and vacate the gym at the end of their reserved session. The key must be immediately returned to the front desk staff for the next user. It is important that you not exceed the reserved time slot as the cleaning staff will be entering the facility at 20-minute until the hour to clean the facility thoroughly.
Under no circumstances are you allowed to “invite friends or neighbors” to the gym during your reserved time. If violated, residents will forfeit their privileges to use the gym during this time.
Because we are operating on a modified schedule, only ONE unit (individuals within the same household) will be allowed in the gym during their reservation block.
As a courtesy to your neighbors, we ask that residents only reserve slots one week in advance. Doing so will allow everyone an equal share of using the facility during these limited hours.

13.Fishon » Tue May 04, 2021 12:29 am

That seems like overkill.

This is like a small apartment building gym though right?

14.Juggs » Tue May 04, 2021 4:09 am

Has it been said anywhere that tonight Desantis removed all Florida covid EO’s

15.shutout » Tue May 04, 2021 4:34 am

Any of you know "undave" / Dave Wright in Gainesville? Apparently he had a bad reaction to the vax and might be dead - or maybe faked his own death.

Good times, Gville. :D

16.evil gator » Tue May 04, 2021 12:08 pm

That seems like overkill.

This is like a small apartment building gym though right?
Condos but yes

17.Denver-Gator » Tue May 04, 2021 2:35 pm

“I think that’s the evidence-based thing to do,” DeSantis said, adding that asking vaccinated individuals to continue to wear masks would undermine confidence in the coronavirus vaccines.
I guess this means, if you refuse to get the vaccine, you should wear a mask. Hear that PG?

18.Fishon » Tue May 04, 2021 3:06 pm

“I think that’s the evidence-based thing to do,” DeSantis said, adding that asking vaccinated individuals to continue to wear masks would undermine confidence in the coronavirus vaccines.
I guess this means, if you refuse to get the vaccine, you should wear a mask. Hear that PG?
look, i don't want mask mandates to continue forever, but that quote is sort of like saying people shouldn't wear seatbelts because it undermines confidence in their cars' airbags.

19.evil gator » Tue May 04, 2021 3:24 pm

The thing that bugs me more about desantis and other r’s is being so dead set against passports. If I could flash a card and get in anywhere without being subjected to the tyranny of stinky drying hand sanitizer and getting my temp taken I’m all for it.

20.PG. » Tue May 04, 2021 3:25 pm

I wear a mask in publix.

21.52:20 » Tue May 04, 2021 4:13 pm

The thing that bugs me more about desantis and other r’s is being so dead set against passports. If I could flash a card and get in anywhere without being subjected to the tyranny of stinky drying hand sanitizer and getting my temp taken I’m all for it.
Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of this either, just pandering.

22.Juggs » Tue May 04, 2021 4:54 pm

The biggest argument I've seen from R's is that, some lefties want you to show a vaccine passport not just for travel, but other activities as well. Meanwhile, asking for a basic form of ID that everyone should have to vote is racist. You really can't have it both ways.

23.evil gator » Tue May 04, 2021 4:57 pm

The biggest argument I've seen from R's is that, some lefties want you to show a vaccine passport not just for travel, but other activities as well. Meanwhile, asking for a basic form of ID that everyone should have to vote is racist. You really can't have it both ways.
Good point

24.Fishon » Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 pm

What are the costs associated with each? How much is a govt ID? How much are they talking about charging for a "vaccine passport"?

25.PG. » Tue May 04, 2021 5:49 pm

Govt id is $25 in FL.

I don't know how much a vaccine passport would cost.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else