Do we need a rona 4.0 thread?

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

26.9508 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:00 pm

The thing that bugs me more about desantis and other r’s is being so dead set against passports. If I could flash a card and get in anywhere without being subjected to the tyranny of stinky drying hand sanitizer and getting my temp taken I’m all for it.
The biggest argument I've seen from R's is that, some lefties want you to show a vaccine passport not just for travel, but other activities as well. Meanwhile, asking for a basic form of ID that everyone should have to vote is racist. You really can't have it both ways.
What are the costs associated with each? How much is a govt ID? How much are they talking about charging for a "vaccine passport"?
If I choose not to get a passport are their alternatives (like a screening process)
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

27.52:20 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm

The cost of an ID is irrelevant to the conversation or any conversation. People need an ID for getting government services. One would say its the most basic requirement for any government service or assistance.

28.evil gator » Tue May 04, 2021 6:31 pm

Some of the states who require an ID to vote provide them for free. I think it’s a good idea for everyone to have an id of some sort in a modern society.

29.52:20 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:50 pm

I'd be pretty upset if people didn't think I was responsible enough to maintain an ID based on the color of my skin.

30.Fishon » Tue May 04, 2021 8:49 pm

I'd be pretty upset if people didn't think I was responsible enough to maintain an ID based on the color of my skin.
I'd be upset if people assumed my life was like theirs and passed it off as "not seeing color"

31.52:20 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:56 pm

Yeah I guess thinking everybody had to pay for their ID’s was wrong of me and I assumed they all had it like me. Who knew the needy could get them for free.

32.Fishon » Tue May 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Poor you

33.Juggs » Wed May 05, 2021 11:02 am

The cost of an ID is irrelevant to the conversation or any conversation. People need an ID for getting government services. One would say its the most basic requirement for any government service or assistance.
Correct.

You need an ID for basically everything. Getting goverment services, getting an apartment or electricity, basically everything requires a government ID because everyone not a moron is concerned about fraud. There is no reason that anyone 18 or older doesn't have an ID. None.

34.evil gator » Wed May 05, 2021 12:18 pm

Don’t have sex w everyone this summer mkay?

https://www.insidehook.com/article/sex- ... vax-summer

35.Denver-Gator » Wed May 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Correct.

You need an ID for basically everything. Getting goverment services, getting an apartment or electricity, basically everything requires a government ID because everyone not a moron is concerned about fraud. There is no reason that anyone 18 or older doesn't have an ID. None.
Correct, so once you register with your address and your e-mail so that the state confirms when you vote, what's the difference if the State mails you a ballot, with the bar code identifying you as a voter with each election you're good to vote in. When you vote, you do it at home and drop it off at a ballot box. Why should you have to do anything else?

36.evil gator » Wed May 05, 2021 2:53 pm

I think it makes more sense for the state to mail you a ballot request you fill out, then will mail you a ballot.

mailing out ballots without a request seems to not take into account that people move around a lot.

Question for those who have had mail in voting longer, is it just for general elections or for primaries? I really think that if you have it for some elections, you should have it for all. need higher turnout in primaries IMO.

37.52:20 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:57 pm

Study done in Florida on universal mail in ballots found over a million extra ballots sent out, many rental properties seeing over 10 ballots sent to it. Purging voting rolls is extremely political and is hard to do in many places compounding the issue of incorrect ballots sent out. Where they can purge regularly, it isn't as big a deal.

38.Denver-Gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:03 pm

Study done in Florida on universal mail in ballots found over a million extra ballots sent out, many rental properties seeing over 10 ballots sent to it. Purging voting rolls is extremely political and is hard to do in many places compounding the issue of incorrect ballots sent out. Where they can purge regularly, it isn't as big a deal.
It's not a problem here. Because, when you vote you get an e-mail. It's up to the voter to tell the SoS office that they moved. If someone voted for you with your ballot, incorrectly sent out, you'd get an e-mail stating as such and now that person has committed a crime, and the vote is thrown out.

39.52:20 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:08 pm

It's not a problem here. Because, when you vote you get an e-mail. It's up to the voter to tell the SoS office that they moved. If someone voted for you with your ballot, incorrectly sent out, you'd get an e-mail stating as such and now that person has committed a crime, and the vote is thrown out.
A ton of people have multiple emails, change them, drop them etc... We manage loyalty programs for some of our clients and we have to purge those all the time.

40.Denver-Gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:11 pm

A ton of people have multiple emails, change them, drop them etc... We manage loyalty programs for some of our clients and we have to purge those all the time.
Ok, but it's up to the voter being responsible. Sure it could happen. But audits show it doesn't. If someone wants to vote, they pay attention to their registration when they move and update the proper info.

41.52:20 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Ok, but it's up to the voter being responsible. Sure it could happen. But audits show it doesn't. If someone wants to vote, they pay attention to their registration when they move and update the proper info.
Ok, so what happens if they don't change their information and the don't check one of their eight email addresses? Does a ballot go to the address of record? And I'm asking because we cant expect people to be able to manage getting a free ID and holding on to it, seems like following up with voter registration changes is a bit more complicated.

42.Denver-Gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:20 pm

Ok, so what happens if they don't change their information and the don't check one of their eight email addresses? Does a ballot go to the address of record? And I'm asking because we cant expect people to be able to manage getting a free ID and holding on to it, seems like following up with voter registration changes is a bit more complicated.
Not really, when you move around here you're reminded constantly to do this. Like I said, I'm sure somewhere an incorrect ballot is sent. But audits have shown that it's basically a no vote. Ok, so a voter wasn't responsible and didn't vote. There's no evidence that the address where a ballot has incorrectly shown up, that there's some nefarious liberal conspiracy collecting them up to twist an election. It just doesn't happen.
Last edited by Denver-Gator on Wed May 05, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 43.angrigator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:20 pm

I think it makes more sense for the state to mail you a ballot request you fill out, then will mail you a ballot.

mailing out ballots without a request seems to not take into account that people move around a lot.

Question for those who have had mail in voting longer, is it just for general elections or for primaries? I really think that if you have it for some elections, you should have it for all. need higher turnout in primaries IMO.
Alachua county has mail ballots for all elections whether city, county, state and national. They mail them to you for all elections your are eligible to vote in for two years then you have to renew. Except now it’s only for one year after Florida passed their version of the voter suppression laws just recently. Virtually all supervisors of Election said it was unnecessary

44.52:20 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Not really, when you move around here you're reminded constantly to do this. Like I said, I'm sure somewhere an incorrect ballot is sent. But audits have shown that it's basically a no vote. Ok, so a voter wasn't responsible and didn't vote. There's no evidence that the address where a ballot has incorrectly shown up, that there's some nefarious liberal conspiracy collecting them up to twist an election. It just doesn't happen.
So this chance that it could happen makes it easier for yokels to scream fraud. And it seems they are doing things better in CO, but that isn't the case everywhere. I'm not saying there's fraud going on, but they aren't as tight in other places.
Last edited by 52:20 on Wed May 05, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

45.Denver-Gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Every single election that your address is participating in is mail in for Colorado, including primaries and any special elections. It's quite nice, because it's now so easy to vote. I remember when I first moved here, and it was all at a polling place. It was a freaking nightmare. So, so, so, much easier, for everyone.

That's why when they moved the All-Star game, and some Fox pinheads was trying to say voting in Colorado was similar to voting in Georgia under their new rules I just had to laugh and laugh at the Trumptards at Fox.

And yes, turnout for primaries is 2nd best in the country here.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... ies-state/

46.evil gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:31 pm

Yeah I wish they did that here. We just early voted for the primary to keep a nut from getting elected mayor, only took 15 min but still had to wear pants

47.Denver-Gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:37 pm

Five states – Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington – conduct what are commonly referred to as all-mail elections.
Three of the Top 5 are in this group. Not sure why Hawaii is so low, and Utah is around the middle. Maybe lazy islanders and whacky Mormons. Hawaii was a dem only primary.

48.Denver-Gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:39 pm

Yeah I wish they did that here. We just early voted for the primary to keep a nut from getting elected mayor, only took 15 min but still had to wear pants
Yeah, like I said, really convenient. I would imagine it may cost more, but if you think about lost time by businesses on voting days, and tax revenues, it probably makes up for it.

49.evil gator » Wed May 05, 2021 3:50 pm

Yeah, like I said, really convenient. I would imagine it may cost more, but if you think about lost time by businesses on voting days, and tax revenues, it probably makes up for it.
I feel like the costs would even out maybe?

User avatar 50.RIP » Wed May 05, 2021 4:06 pm

I've done absentee voting my entire adult life and I get ballot for primaries and generals.
yt
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else