2021 Politics v 2.0

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1.shutout » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:50 pm

something something China.

2.52:20 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:48 am

Matt Gaetz Saga continues. Tried to get a pardon, Roger Stone told him and his buddy they had to write a letter admitting to all they've done to be pardoned. It is a requirement, but usually it's for prior convictions. They copped to sleeping with an underage girl, but they "didn't know she was underage".
https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-gree ... with-minor

3.PG. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:00 am

Indictment imminent.

4.52:20 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:12 am

You or I would be in jail right now if it we’re us. I believe he’ll be arrested at some point, but what’s been released isn’t exactly proof (against somebody in the public eye) Just a prostitute saying he slept with her when she was 17 and a friend saying he and Gaetz did.

5.Denver-Gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:08 am

Indictment imminent.
I don't quite understand why you defend this scum. There's enough smoke here to be pretty sure there's fire. TGB'rs blast folks with far less evidence.

6.PG. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:31 am

Lol...not defending him. But unlike you, I don't believe everything I read on the internet. If and when I see some evidence of a crime, I may feel differently, however until that happens he is innocent in my book. But you go ahead and hate him with no concrete evidence.

7.Fishon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:14 pm

There’s plenty of evidence to hate gaetz that has nothing to do with this current investigation.

For instance a dui stop in which he refused a breathalyzer (should’ve led to 1 year suspension of license, but didn’t), had the charges dropped, and arresting officer ended up resigning (Tampa Tribune article states he was forced to). Typical wealthy, connected asshole who has been allowed to get away with shit the rest of us would be righly punished for. No wonder he thought he could continue to do whatever the hell he wanted

8.gatorbreeze » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:39 pm

My best buddy, an extremely intelligent person, BS in business, Masters in Software Engineering, has his own consulting company, etc )told me he thinks this whole thing is a manufactured plot by Gaetz, the bad man with orange hair, and one, or more, of the 27 Federal Intelligence agencies, to raise money and to position Gaetz for a future Presidential run. He.really.believes.this. I pointed out the FBI would have go be in on it since they are investigating, he responded that he's not sure there is even an investigation since the New York Times broke the story and the FBI has been mum on the subject. Wacko conspiracy theories are bipartisan.
" Dark humor is like food, not everybody gets it."...Joseph Stalin

9.52:20 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 pm

Tell him to research Greenberg, his buddy who has already been arrested for Trafficking and is singing to the feds now. And it's going to be more than the sex stuff, they did some dirty deeds in regards to medical marijuana legislation while he was in the Florida Legislature and lobbying. Nicki Fried may be implicated as well.

10.gatorbreeze » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 pm

Tell him to research Greenberg, his buddy who has already been arrested for Trafficking and is singing to the feds now. And it's going to be more than the sex stuff, they did some dirty deeds in regards to medical marijuana legislation while he was in the Florida Legislature and lobbying. Nicki Fried may be implicated as well.
I keep hearing similar rumblings, everyone from Fried to half the state house members, and half the lobbyists are under investigation. I'm popping the corn and getting a case of beer!
" Dark humor is like food, not everybody gets it."...Joseph Stalin

11.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:49 pm

who knew? apparently Epstein liked to pal around with scientists and Biden's Sci Advisor nominee is one of them

https://www.thedailybeast.com/president ... ssociation

12.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:54 pm

awkward moment early voting this AM. I study the city council candidates and write down a cheat sheet for the primary. One of the candidates was out front and giving me his schpeil and I was pretty sure I had the list with his name crossed out in my hand. but then I got in and realized he made the cut!

13.52:20 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:56 pm

He was pro cup's o pee?

14.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:08 pm

He was pro cup's o pee?
ha he was maybe the last of 6 so that's why I didn't recall. The fact he showed up to talk to people early voting showed he has gumption though so I feel good about my vote 52!

on the other hand, blue hair handing out literature for Lt Gov was a strike against. this was the D primary obvi

User avatar 15.MoralityULack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:05 pm

The FBI warned Rudolph W. Giuliani in late 2019 that he was the target of a Russian influence operation aimed at circulating falsehoods intended to damage President Biden politically ahead of last year’s election, according to people familiar with the matter.

The warning was part of an extensive effort by the bureau to alert members of Congress and at least one conservative media outlet, One America News, that they faced a risk of being used to further Russia’s attempt to influence the election’s outcome

16.PG. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:11 pm

according to people familiar with the matter.
Lol

17.Denver-Gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:50 pm

according to people familiar with the matter.
Lol
Biden's laptop, lol

18.PG. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:54 pm

You still don't believe that it's hunter's laptop? When he basically admitted it? You still believe the whole story that Twitter felt necessary to silence, is Russian disinformation? Double lol.

19.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Who cares if the presidents kid is selling influence sheesh

20.Denver-Gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:40 pm

Just like the Gaetz thing, no indictment.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, Right PG, Evil?

21.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:02 pm

I view things skeptically and rationally, not emotionally

User avatar 22.MoralityULack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm

You still don't believe that it's hunter's laptop? When he basically admitted it? You still believe the whole story that Twitter felt necessary to silence, is Russian disinformation? Double lol.
So which story is it

Hunter brought the laptop in and the repairman snooped and turned over what he found to the FBi. - Repairman

Hunter brought the laptop in the repair guy never snooped and the FBI came looking for it. ( and he took the data off while the waited to confiscate it?) - repairman same day

Hunter didnt bring the laptop in. The FBI brought it to the repairman becasuse they couldnt decrypt it and they knew by reputation he was the only guy that could - repairman later the same day

Note in each of these cases the FBI has the laptop.

Rudy still has the laptop. He said on Tucker that he has 3 of them and offered them to the FBI during the raid and they werent interested. -Rudy Now.

23.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 pm

24.PG. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:24 pm

So which story is it

Hunter brought the laptop in and the repairman snooped and turned over what he found to the FBi. - Repairman

Hunter brought the laptop in the repair guy never snooped and the FBI came looking for it. ( and he took the data off while the waited to confiscate it?) - repairman same day

Hunter didnt bring the laptop in. The FBI brought it to the repairman becasuse they couldnt decrypt it and they knew by reputation he was the only guy that could - repairman later the same day

Note in each of these cases the FBI has the laptop.

Rudy still has the laptop. He said on Tucker that he has 3 of them and offered them to the FBI during the raid and they werent interested. -Rudy Now.
I'd pick number 1.

25.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:27 pm

well there's outside corroboration that at least some of the emails are real (by the people who sent them), no one in the biden camp has denied any of the info that's been made public. Its weird how curious the press is about some info, but not the apparent influence peddling with the Russians and Chinese that Hunter and his colleagues were up to.

people seem to be more interested in how the info got out on this one, but not interested at all on how info on R's comes out and ready to believe it all.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else