2021 Politics v 2.0

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

851.evil gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Yeah I can see the discomfort having the trump kids involved, but they were by all appearances part of trumps business and not giant fuck ups.

Hunter was riding on Air Force one to China and signing deals and what are his qualifications and special expertise? He was selling access to his dad, he’s admitted as much in interviews. Whether you chose to believe the laptop emails or not, he’s under investigation and a number of his former partners are in jail.

You can what about all you want (and then diflect saying that I do it) but it should be a concern that this shady character has sold access even if it’s appearance only

852.Denver-Gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Where are the nudes of Ivanka cracked out of her mind and her racist texts?
In a stack of papers with her Chinese trademarks.
Last edited by Denver-Gator on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

853.Denver-Gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Yeah I can see the discomfort having the trump kids involved, but they were by all appearances part of trumps business and not giant fuck ups.

Hunter was riding on Air Force one to China and signing deals and what are his qualifications and special expertise? He was selling access to his dad, he’s admitted as much in interviews. Whether you chose to believe the laptop emails or not, he’s under investigation and a number of his former partners are in jail.

You can what about all you want (and then diflect saying that I do it) but it should be a concern that this shady character has sold access even if it’s appearance only
Ok, but now as President, what role or benefits is Hunter getting from this? It's a concern, but the Trump children had concerns then, but it was media bias back then.

854.Juggs » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm

And it’s not media bias to downplay or ignore Hunter?

855.Denver-Gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Not saying it isn't, but then apply the same unbiased standard to your thinking.

856.evil gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Not saying it isn't, but then apply the same unbiased standard to your thinking.
But the legacy msm media covered the trump kids constantly, making a big deal for example of don jr having red eyes and speculating he was on drugs.

Vs a complete avoidance of hunter, including claims everything was debunked, censoring shares on social media, even deleting accounts

What’s the unfairness? Something that idiot Lou Dobbs said one time?

857.52:20 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:53 pm

The U.S. economy’s rebound from the pandemic is driving the biggest surge in inflation in nearly 13 years, with consumer prices rising in May by 5% from a year ago.

The Labor Department said last month’s increase in the consumer-price index was the largest since August 2008, when the reading rose 5.4%. The core-price index, which excludes the often-volatile categories of food and energy, jumped 3.8% in May from the year before—the largest increase for that reading since June 1992.

858.evil gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Yeah the inflation is really hurting the real world wages of those on the lower earners, as much as vd mocked us for caring. It has a bad effect on the whole economy and screws the poor the most.

859.52:20 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm

He doesn't care about who it hurts, he just wants people to believe it isn't happening because it could be a negative hit on Biden.

860.evil gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:45 pm

He doesn't care about who it hurts, he just wants people to believe it isn't happening because it could be a negative hit on Biden.
“You’re poor, I just got a new phone”

861.Denver-Gator » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:53 pm

But the legacy msm media covered the trump kids constantly, making a big deal for example of don jr having red eyes and speculating he was on drugs.

Vs a complete avoidance of hunter, including claims everything was debunked, censoring shares on social media, even deleting accounts

What’s the unfairness? Something that idiot Lou Dobbs said one time?
Ok, so what should be done?

862.evil gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Well one, admit it, and two look at all sources of news skeptically and check what seems unlikely or is just intended to confirm biases and make angry. Sometimes they are true but be willing to accept it’s not. Check w experts and listen to them but don’t automatically buy in.

It’s sad that they media had become so activist and incurious

863.Denver-Gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:02 pm

Well one, admit it, and two look at all sources of news skeptically and check what seems unlikely or is just intended to confirm biases and make angry. Sometimes they are true but be willing to accept it’s not. Check w experts and listen to them but don’t automatically buy in.

Right, that's what I always say. It applies to CNN, NBC, ABC, Fox etc....

And, if say someone slaps a slander or libel suit on one of the above, you should be really skeptical about that topic.

864.evil gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:09 pm

And, if say someone slaps a slander or libel suit on one of the above, you should be really skeptical about that topic.
But there’s like 10 major legacy media that are left and 2 that lean conservative, and social media is strongly left leaning. It’s one thing if it’s just perspective, but there’s a group think that’s really dangerous, like shutting down legit discussion and you’re a racist or kook if you disagree. Its a serious problem. It leads to distrust and makes it easier for some to believe stupid shit.

865.Denver-Gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:12 pm

But there’s like 10 major legacy media that are left and 2 that lean conservative, and social media is strongly left leaning. It’s one thing if it’s just perspective, but there’s a group think that’s really dangerous, like shutting down legit discussion and you’re a racist or kook if you disagree. Its a serious problem. It leads to distrust and makes it easier for some to believe stupid shit.
Yes, over the years the media has done stupid shit, but not all of their stuff is stupid. Just because one story may have bias, doesn't mean all stories have the same level of bias.

866.52:20 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:31 pm

:lol:

867.evil gator » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:30 pm

some very bad stories have been run with of late by the majority and everyone disagreeing is considered a whackjob, and there's zero accountability. for people who are lazy or not paying attention, its easy to be completely lied to. I used to watch Morning Joe every day from like 2007-2012 before I realized how full of shit they were. It took me reading things that were complete lies that I was deeply involved with for work to see it. Some never do.

868.gatorbreeze » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:23 pm

Yes, over the years the media has done stupid shit, but not all of their stuff is stupid. Just because one story may have bias, doesn't mean all stories have the same level of bias.
One Story??? Bwahahahaaaaaa. If it had been one of Trump's kids with the laptop story, the Legacy media would have been all over it like stink on a dog, flies on shit, etc. But it's Biden's get, so the Legacy media will cover his story....with a pillow....until it stops moving. :numby:
" Dark humor is like food, not everybody gets it."...Joseph Stalin

869.52:20 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:18 am

And it’s not just activism journalism against trump, it’s any Republican that could be a challenge. Look what they’ve done to Desantis.

870.lil numby » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:12 pm

i think if history has proved anything it's that nepotism has an extremely high bar for expectations and performance

871.Juggs » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:11 am

And it’s not just activism journalism against trump, it’s any Republican that could be a challenge. Look what they’ve done to Desantis.
They’ve damn near made Desantis out to be the Antichrist

872.evil gator » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:35 am

In fairness, Florida has become a hellhole of death and destruction that people continue to flee from

873.Juggs » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm

In fairness, Florida has become a hellhole of death and destruction that people continue to flee from
Floridians are fleeing, yankees are still coming.

874.evil gator » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:18 pm

875.Juggs » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm

He's every bit the embarrassment as Trump, just in different ways. Not that the libs will do anything but say it's an innocent mistake and make excuses for him, being in full blown denial that he's going senile.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else