Newest Commute/work/bitch thread

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1301.evil gator » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:00 pm

No, just says north Florida district.

Just had an mri. Getting an mri sober is not nearly as tolerable as getting one drunk :lol:
Ugh are they still so noisy?

User avatar 1302.Irish Mike » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Getting an mri sober is not nearly as tolerable as getting one drunk :lol:
That goes for just about anything.

User avatar 1303.DocZaius » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:06 pm

Tampa's the Middle District (so is Jacksonville). I know that makes no sense, but that's the way they split it up when they needed a new District. The Northern District has a courthouse in Gainesville and it's the only one close enough to make any sense.

Grand jury service sucks. You're stuck going once a week for like 18 months.

1304.Juggs » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:12 pm

Just had an mri. Getting an mri sober is not nearly as tolerable as getting one drunk :lol:
Yep, nothing has changed with the noise.

1305.evil gator » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:14 pm

I was unprepared for that and burst into tears

1306.Juggs » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:03 pm

You’d think by now they’d have a quicker snd less noisy way

1307.evil gator » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Agreed - does anyone care that the effect of being in a metal pipe and having it beat with wrenches is disturbing to a person already anxious and ill

1308.Tommy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 pm

I was unprepared for that and burst into tears
Juggs prob did too

1309.Juggs » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:09 am

:lol:

No, but it does annoy me to the point of wanting to punch the tech in the cooter :oops:

1310.Tommy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:34 am

I have zero complaints about new job, well, except having to furnish my own vehicle, it’s batshit bananas on used truck prices, so I’ll be driving a beater suv until this crazy car market passes

1311.Juggs » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:39 pm

I have complaints about restaurants. It started under COVID and has only gotten worse the last couple months. Depending on the place, portions have gotten smaller, prices have gone up, and in some cases both. One example is Zaxby's....the chicken tenders is literally half the size it use to be and still has a slightly bumped up price. Piesano's prices have gone up a little. And every single place I've gotten carry out is now using smaller containers to give you smaller portions.

Whether this is a result of trying to stay open during COVID, the min wage raise in Florida, or both....no clue. But fuck them anyway.

User avatar 1312.DocZaius » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:47 pm

I have complaints about restaurants. It started under COVID and has only gotten worse the last couple months. Depending on the place, portions have gotten smaller, prices have gone up, and in some cases both. One example is Zaxby's....the chicken tenders is literally half the size it use to be and still has a slightly bumped up price. Piesano's prices have gone up a little. And every single place I've gotten carry out is now using smaller containers to give you smaller portions.

Whether this is a result of trying to stay open during COVID, the min wage raise in Florida, or both....no clue. But fuck them anyway.
It's a lot of things. Supply-chain shortages, labor shortages and of course surviving the pandemic. Prices for everything are way up.

1313.evil gator » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:50 pm

Let’s not forget the cost of energy: transportation, keeping lights on little chicks etc - a big driver. Some is supply chain as doc mentions and getting workers back, but there was already a labor shortage.

I’ve seen people that are in their 80s working fast food around here - I guess no one else wants to

User avatar 1314.DocZaius » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Interesting article about the supply and demand for used cars: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/06/ki ... inflation/

More interesting discussion about cars and other goods in the comments, though. Apparently, there's a computer chip shortage as well.

1315.Juggs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:37 am

It's a lot of things. Supply-chain shortages, labor shortages and of course surviving the pandemic. Prices for everything are way up.
It may be giving too many the benefit of the doubt. I'd not be surprised if some of them were doing it becasue they can and using other reasons as a scapegoat. Publix deli for example. I don't believe for a second that Publix was hurt in any way by the things you've mentioned.

User avatar 1316.DocZaius » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:48 pm

It may be giving too many the benefit of the doubt. I'd not be surprised if some of them were doing it becasue they can and using other reasons as a scapegoat. Publix deli for example. I don't believe for a second that Publix was hurt in any way by the things you've mentioned.
I'll forgive a lot of things, but I'll not sit here and let you besmirch the good name of the Publix deli. Good day sir!

1317.Juggs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:48 pm

I'll forgive a lot of things, but I'll not sit here and let you besmirch the good name of the Publix deli. Good day sir!
Well then they shouldn't have changed their deli containers to obviously hold much less food.

1318.Juggs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:08 pm

A neighbor has a a sign, usual political size, in their yard. Half is a picture of their grandson, half is Class of 2021.

I’m seeing a lot of this lately. Graduation wasn’t a big deal when I was in school. It was expected that yeah, you graduated. Now it seems to be some big accomplishment. It’s kinda weird.

1319.evil gator » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:12 pm

A neighbor has a a sign, usual political size, in their yard. Half is a picture of their grandson, half is Class of 2021.

I’m seeing a lot of this lately. Graduation wasn’t a big deal when I was in school. It was expected that yeah, you graduated. Now it seems to be some big accomplishment. It’s kinda weird.
yeah I've noticed that this year.

1320.Juggs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:13 pm

Covid related maybe? Because they couldn’t have a graduation ceremony last year? So now they have to pander to these little bitches? :lol:

1321.evil gator » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:15 pm

Covid related maybe? Because they couldn’t have a graduation ceremony last year? So now they have to pander to these little bitches? :lol:
ha yeah I guess

they will be expecting signs for when they complete projects when they come to work now I guess.

1322.Juggs » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:22 pm

ha yeah I guess

they will be expecting signs for when they complete projects when they come to work now I guess.
Speaking of work, so glad I’m not at my old company. They were being dicks and making lots of changes once Jones died and Bob stepped out. Now they’ve fully instituted a 8-5 only work policy, part timers required to work 5 sixers instead of 4 eights and the most egregious, moved to PTO only, which cut leave time earned to a few days short. And while those of us who were there a long time and had to earn a day each year and took 15 years to get max vacation time, new employees start out maxed out and the long term employees get their leave cut to be equal to new employees. And there are a lot who have been there 20-30 years. Employees are pissed off. A lot.

User avatar 1323.Panamag8or » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:45 pm

It started last year, because of covid and lack of ceremonies, like someone said. At least, that's why they did it in my area.

1324.PG. » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 pm

ha yeah I guess

Speaking of work, so glad I’m not at my old company. They were being dicks and making lots of changes once Jones died and Bob stepped out. Now they’ve fully instituted a 8-5 only work policy, part timers required to work 5 sixers instead of 4 eights and the most egregious, moved to PTO only, which cut leave time earned to a few days short. And while those of us who were there a long time and had to earn a day each year and took 15 years to get max vacation time, new employees start out maxed out and the long term employees get their leave cut to be equal to new employees. And there are a lot who have been there 20-30 years. Employees are pissed off. A lot.
Thank's to slow baggers at publix.

1325.PG. » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:24 pm

It started last year, because of covid and lack of ceremonies, like someone said. At least, that's why they did it in my area.
Yeah... in my area these yard sign businesses have popped up. For graduations, birthdays etc. Don't recall seeing them before covid.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else