non football viewing consumption medias - Episode 2

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

User avatar 1526.RIP » Mon May 31, 2021 3:53 am

Mare finale was good but
SpoilerShow
The case could have been solved in 5 seconds if the old dude had called the police to report that his gun was stolen that night backed up by the security cam footage.
yt

1527.rampart » Mon May 31, 2021 2:33 pm

Mare finale was good but
SpoilerShow
The case could have been solved in 5 seconds if the old dude had called the police to report that his gun was stolen that night backed up by the security cam footage.
That’s very true. Still, I really liked it.

User avatar 1528.RIP » Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 pm

Me too.
yt

1529.Juggs » Mon May 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Should be finishing up Star Wars Rebels shortly. Characters and stories in Mandalorian, Rogue, etc make more sense now.

1530.Fishon » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:08 am

Should be finishing up Star Wars Rebels shortly. Characters and stories in Mandalorian, Rogue, etc make more sense now.
rebels started out hokey, but really improved. highlights were ashoka, darth maul, and older Rex

1531.Juggs » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:15 am

rebels started out hokey, but really improved. highlights were ashoka, darth maul, and older Rex
It did take a couple episodes for me to decide to stick with it, but I think it improved pretty quickly. Agree with the highlights. But I'll add Chopper. That was one funny droid and I like the way they made his "talking" more like human humming so you could tell what he was saying a good part of the time.

User avatar 1532.DocZaius » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:41 pm

I don't know how they made a zombie apocalypse movie so boring, but Netflix did it. Army of the Dead was a snoozer.

User avatar 1533.RIP » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:00 pm

I don't know how they made a zombie apocalypse movie so boring, but Netflix did it. Army of the Dead was a snoozer.
Yeah I was disappointed.
yt

1534.evil gator » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:16 pm

oh god did they try to make it artsy, ffs

1535.Juggs » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Star Wars nerdoms. Favreau's plans to revert Star Wars to reinstate "legends", stuff from comics and whatnot will be introduced starting in Mando S3 or 4 and will tie into a new series later on, Star Wars: A Jedi Knight based on Luke. The gist: Mara Jade, the Emperor's assassin (Force user) sent to hunt down Luke, Ahsoka, and Ezra will be the "villian" in upcoming Mando seasons. She's somehow redeemed and the Legends material enters where she and Luke's saber penetrates her and they have a baby. Pretty different from what we know from the sequel trilogies they put out that Favreau wants to undo.

A show I'm binging now and really like, another I'm many years behind on: Burn Notice.

User avatar 1536.Irish Mike » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:31 pm

"Those Who Wish Me Dead" Run of the mill chasing and looking to kill a kid that knows too much. Pretty generic story but the actors and action scenes were pretty good. Most of the roles were filled with actors I know/like.

3 Cardboard boxes out of 5.

1537.Juggs » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:41 pm

Yeah I was disappointed.
I watched it with expectations that it was the worst zombie movie in history as I kept reading online.

While Batista's ending was a cliche'd predictable end, I didn't hate it. It wasn't good, but it wasn't the worst I've seen either.

1538.evil gator » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:19 pm

new show set in Rome

1539.Fishon » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Last ditch effort to get Jabs back:
Watched “Sunderland Til I Die” on Netflix. Watch a sadsack team from the north of england fight for promotion back to premier league and wind up getting relegated again.

On Amazon:
“All or Nothing” with Manchester City. Another season with Tottenham Hotspur.

Now watching “Take me Home” about Leeds United

1540.evil gator » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:11 pm

new show set in Rome
I watched the pilot, it looks good - not as good as Rome but way better than brittainia
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else