Game of Thrones

Moderators: Irish Mike, blue, Jabberdave, Cus

User avatar 1.ufgators68 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:13 am

That was a pretty strong opening. Damn.

2.Juggs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:01 am

Gotta watch it tomorrow. Don't know if it's up on the box yet or not. Time to avoid this thread and Facebook now.

User avatar 3.Irish Mike » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 am

There are a bunch box of streams already.

User avatar 4.DocZaius » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 am

Arya and Sansa are ruthless.

Kind of disappointed that we didn't see any dragons fucking shit up when they arrived. And no one was squatting in Dragonstone? I mean, they made a point of reminding the audience that Stannis had left it empty, but surely someone would have wanted to live in a free castle during all that time.

5.Juggs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:56 am

Solid. Great opening scene with Arya. Sam's cleaning scene almost made me gag. They made me it look like there will be issues between Sansa and Jon, but she sure shut down Littlefinger.

6.Juggs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am

Agree with Doc, thought the same thing. A big castle just sits vacant?

User avatar 7.DocZaius » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:37 am

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Sansa has the attitude that she does. She has seen how the worst people in Westeros get and keep their power, and she believes (for good reason) that you have to act like Cersei and the Freys and the Boltons to win out.

She's not wrong but I hope Jon wins out in an honorable fashion - there have to be some good guys, after all.

User avatar 8.ufgators68 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:52 am

I want a bumper sticker that says tell them winter came for House Frey. :oops:

User avatar 9.Jabberdave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:27 pm

I want a bumper sticker that says tell them winter came for House Frey. :oops:
That was a cool scene. "Tell them The North remembers."

10.Juggs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

But as soon as it showed Walder, we all knew it was Arya and exactly what was going to happen, right? And it was still awesome

11.Fishon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:48 pm

But as soon as it showed Walder, we all knew it was Arya and exactly what was going to happen, right? And it was still awesome
I dunno, it sort of made it anti-climactic for me :beatsme: Maybe because poison was used, maybe because it was telegraphed the whole time. Just seemed like all the Freys getting killed should have been bigger

12.Rampart » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Loved the opening scene and figured out what was happening almost immediately.

Jon should have said to Sansa "you married a Lannister and a Bolton so maybe sit this one out"

Solid opening but I would have liked ending with the Frey scene.

Never would have known ed shereen was in this if my wife hadn't said something. I'd have preferred not knowing

User avatar 13.Jabberdave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Jon should have said to Sansa "you married a Lannister and a Bolton so maybe sit this one out"

Never would have known ed shereen was in this if my wife hadn't said something. I'd have preferred not knowing
He bang your ole lady or something?

14.Rampart » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

He bang your ole lady or something?
He sucks?

User avatar 15.Jabberdave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Oh. I have no idea who he is.

User avatar 16.ufgators68 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Oh. I have no idea who he is.
Ditto.

17.evs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:13 pm

vacant castle doesn't bug me because war has killed a lot of folks in westeros, and the location isn't really in the middle of where people live, it's strategic for certain uses like Stannis or dany.

at our 9 am meeting today at work the question most had was what is Greyjoy bringing for Cersei? an army? her bro's head?

looking forward to how Jon finds out who he is, guessing he hooks up with Bran? then will he be king or does it go to bran? Sansa?

User avatar 18.Jabberdave » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Jon would be next given his Targaryen heritage, wouldn't he?

19.evs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Jon would be next given his Targaryen heritage, wouldn't he?
not to be king of the north!

20.evs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm

my boss just emailed us how sansa has Cersei's old hairstyle!

21.Rampart » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:27 pm

vacant castle doesn't bug me because war has killed a lot of folks in westeros, and the location isn't really in the middle of where people live, it's strategic for certain uses like Stannis or dany.

at our 9 am meeting today at work the question most had was what is Greyjoy bringing for Cersei? an army? her bro's head?

looking forward to how Jon finds out who he is, guessing he hooks up with Bran? then will he be king or does it go to bran? Sansa?
Sand snakes
Tyrion
Captured dornish fleet
A dragon captured with valyrion dragon horn

22.evs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Sand snakes
Tyrion
Captured dornish fleet
yeah I already had her brother's head :shakefist:

23.Rampart » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Sand snakes
Tyrion
Captured dornish fleet
yeah I already had her brother's head :shakefist:
I was just including your guess as an acknowledgement of its validity

User avatar 24.Irish Mike » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Good start.

Arya as Frey was obvious from the get go, so that made his speech even better. Those dumb cocksucking Freys were having a good old time until...

I don't know what Euron figures to offer Cersei. Can't see him getting close enough to Tyrion for it to be his head.

My stream died right as Dany's guys were opening the Jurrasic Park gates. Did i miss anything cool?

25.Juggs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 pm

Rewatched it. King Greyjoy was great. His attitude and mannerisms were funny.
Sort by

« Gators Fucking Suck and Everything Sucks