Papa John

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.PG. » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Kind of ironic he used the n-word while participating in a role-playing exercise designed to prevent public relations crises.

2.evil gator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:09 pm

yeah that has happened to other CEOs lately, though I guess in this case I don't care because the pizza is terrible and I think he was friends with Peyton Manning so f him.

User avatar 3.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Taking Papa John off of the stadium and his name off of a college of business building.

4.evil gator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 pm

Taking Papa John off of the stadium and his name off of a college of business building.
at UF?

User avatar 5.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 pm

No, at Louisville. It was Papa John stadium.

6.evil gator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:25 pm

No, at Louisville. It was Papa John stadium.
oh yeah duh that's right. I thought you meant like "official pizza of" signs

User avatar 7.RIP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm

I fucking hate papa johns as an adult. way too much sugar in their sauce and very overpriced. Marcos is much better.

User avatar 8.Irish Mike » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:41 pm

All he said was "Col. Sanders called black people niggers" didn't actually call anybody anything and all this happens?

9.evil gator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:43 pm

I fucking hate papa johns as an adult. way too much sugar in their sauce and very overpriced. Marcos is much better.
hs cafeteria pizza is better

User avatar 10.RIP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:44 pm

All he said was "Col. Sanders called black people niggers" didn't actually call anybody anything and all this happens?
he's a retard for not saying "Col. Sanders called black people the n-word" so he deserves whatever happens from this. You know you can't say shit like that on a conference call.

User avatar 11.Irish Mike » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:47 pm

he's a retard for not saying "Col. Sanders called black people the n-word" so he deserves whatever happens from this. You know you can't say shit like that on a conference call.
I don't disagree, especially in today's oversensitive environment, i just assumed he did something worse from the outcry. I just now read the story on what happened.

User avatar 12.RIP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:49 pm

I don't disagree, especially in today's oversensitive environment, i just assumed he did something worse from the outcry. I just now read the story on what happened.
Same here. The click bait headlines made it seem worse.

13.evil gator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:52 pm

yeah agree, its pretty stupid now days but it does tend to get treated worse than feeling up someone or beating up a hobo

14.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:56 pm

They haven't been very forthcoming about the details. As an isolated incident my first impression is this is overblown. However it is not isolated. The company's fortunes are closely tied with sports and took a position last year on Black Lives Matter protests that many viewed as racist. It cost them business. A LOT of business. It cost the shareholders a LOT of money. So he had to go to training so he didn't screw up again. It sounds like he took a position of ~" Col. Sanders called people autocensor, why do I have to do this".

Um this is why.

15.Juggs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Yeah, the sauce is terrible. They make dominoes look good

16.JookJoint » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:00 pm

fuck them...I go to Al's

User avatar 17.GFY » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Hungry Howie's is shit.

User avatar 18.GFY » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Welcome to the new world of tolerance.

User avatar 19.RIP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Hungry Howie's is shit.
sigh....agreed. the cajun crust is delish.

20.Juggs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Hungry Howie's is shit.
sigh....agreed. the cajun crust is delish.
All better than papa’s

User avatar 21.panamag8or » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 pm

The only good thing about them was that garlic butter stuff.

User avatar 22.RIP » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 pm

have the memes started yet? I've only seen this one so far

User avatar 23.GFY » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 pm

The only good thing about them was that garlic butter stuff.

User avatar 24.GFY » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:57 pm

User avatar 25.GFY » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else