Driving/Work/General bitch thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

426.evil gator » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:24 pm

NC do you know of this scam? My husband got a ticket for speeding when driving in NC a few months ago, and its REQUIRED that if you don't show up in person you hire an attorney. FOR SPEEDING, like 10 mph over the limit, not reckless or anything. So he's having to pay some guy $89 to assist in paying the fine.

No wonder people hate lawyers.

427.Juggs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:47 pm

NC do you know of this scam? My husband got a ticket for speeding when driving in NC a few months ago, and its REQUIRED that if you don't show up in person you hire an attorney. FOR SPEEDING, like 10 mph over the limit, not reckless or anything. So he's having to pay some guy $89 to assist in paying the fine.

and politicians

428.evil gator » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:55 pm

and politicians
yeah this was clearly something dreamed up by the local pols and lawyers. within a week of getting the ticket he got letters from a bunch of local lawyers kindly wanting to help out. Its not outrageously expensive, but for an uncontested ticket is infuriating. I just saw the charge on the credit card statement and it makes me angry all over again.

429.Juggs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:00 pm

and politicians
yeah this was clearly something dreamed up by the local pols and lawyers. within a week of getting the ticket he got letters from a bunch of local lawyers kindly wanting to help out. Its not outrageously expensive, but for an uncontested ticket is infuriating. I just saw the charge on the credit card statement and it makes me angry all over again.
If Waldo and Lawtey thought about this, imagine their income capability :lol:

430.evil gator » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:30 pm

and politicians
If Waldo and Lawtey thought about this, imagine their income capability :lol:
yes it was like that, it was a speed trap right where the speeds decreased.

I never got a ticket in those, I typically went 10 mph, I heard so many horror stories

User avatar 431.RIP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in history to be pulled over in lawtey and get off with a warning.

User avatar 432.panamag8or » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:00 pm

You can speed like a bitch in Waldo, now that the PD was disbanded. The sheriff took over, and you never see a deputy in Waldo anymore.

433.Juggs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Yesterday the kids neighbor friend was over. I cut up a fresh pineapple. They got 2 slices each, a sedecent amount for 7 year olds. Neighbor walks back in and says she wants more. But more than I gave her last time.

What fucking manners. She’s eat the whole damn thing. And yes I told her no. She got a little more, not more than before

That kid eats 4x what mine does.

User avatar 434.Irish Mike » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Yesterday the kids neighbor friend was over. I cut up a fresh pineapple. They got 2 slices each, a sedecent amount for 7 year olds. Neighbor walks back in and says she wants more. But more than I gave her last time.

What fucking manners. She’s eat the whole damn thing. And yes I told her no. She got a little more, not more than before

Maybe she doesn't eat enough at home and you are her only source of food.

User avatar 435.GFY » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Wait til you have teens and try to take them somewhere and they eat like you never feed the fucks at home. :lol:

436.Juggs » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:58 am

Maybe she doesn't eat enough at home and you are her only source of food.

:lol:

It’s more like she eats normal and my kid is a picky twerp who snacks and pecks at food instead of eating a lot at once.

User avatar 437.ufgators68 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:11 am

Having a teenage boy in the house has reinforced my decision not to have children. There is shit everywhere.

User avatar 438.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 am

Having a teenage boy in the house has reinforced my decision not to have children. There is shit everywhere.
Try having two adults with a baby two weeks away, three cats and a dog move in to your quiet and private domicile. We still have boxes stacked and my mom buys more shit every day.

I'm leaving.

439.Juggs » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:22 am

Try having two adults with a baby two weeks away, three cats and a dog move in to your quiet and private domicile. We still have boxes stacked and my mom buys more shit every day.

I'm leaving.
I thought the kid was born already :oops:

User avatar 440.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:55 am

The kid is here. She was born two weeks after they moved in.

441.9508 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 am

If he’d answer his damn phone he’d know that.

User avatar 442.99inNC » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:22 pm

One of the managers on our team just can't seem to understand that just because he has nothing to do at a particular moment and just because people are not in a meeting that that is just high time to stop you and what you are doing and have a conversation that he wants to have.

Narcissists are just fucking brutally exhausting.

443.evil gator » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm

just start talking about your conversations with jesus

"funny you mention that, the other day when I was talking to Jesus he said..."

or Satan, both would work.

User avatar 444.99inNC » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:34 pm

just start talking about your conversations with jesus

"funny you mention that, the other day when I was talking to Jesus he said..."

or Satan, both would work.
That's actually solid advice as he is an atheist or agnostic, I think.

Or maybe I'll just send him this without irony and say, this song just speaks to me:

445.evil gator » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 pm

ahaha yeah one of my friends sent me that, its so great

User avatar 446.99inNC » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:52 pm

ahaha yeah one of my friends sent me that, its so great
Fantastic.

User avatar 447.Cus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:06 pm

I draw the line at bands who wear matching outfits.

User avatar 448.panamag8or » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Yeah, but you were zapped, admit it.

User avatar 449.Cus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Yeah, but you were zapped, admit it.
"zapped"? Maybe I should've watched it longer or not on mute.

User avatar 450.99inNC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 pm

shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else