work bitching

Moderators: Irish Mike, blue, Jabberdave, Cus

176.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:22 pm

we have a meeting at 9:30 and I can hear the copier going it makes me stabby
I think I print personal stuff more than work stuff, honestly. :lol:
ha yeah me to. I don't think I've ever sent a work fax in 7 years of this job, but sent ones to financial advisor etc who only want info that way

User avatar 177.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Same manager on my team has been asking for leadership training. We finally get our leadership dev group to sign off and it's coming. First thing he says is, "It's about time. It better not be...." Fuck, dude. Be happy that your'e finally getting what you wanted. Don't shit on it already.

178.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Ok yeah that's stupid. If it's a small brown bag, we get an email with a PDF asking us to reply with what we want. Even agendas are kinda stupid to me. Throw it up in the screen. Bring a notepad if you need it. Most of the time the agendas just get thrown away and there are always extras that are wasted.

User avatar 179.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Ok yeah that's stupid. If it's a small brown bag, we get an email with a PDF asking us to reply with what we want. Even agendas are kinda stupid to me. Throw it up in the screen. Bring a notepad if you need it. Most of the time the agendas just get thrown away and there are always extras that are wasted.
Yes. Some things need to be printed. Plans and certain things need to be printed. But some people go fucking crazy with their printing.

180.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Yes. Some things need to be printed. Plans and certain things need to be printed. But some people go fucking crazy with their printing.
this person will never ever email, won't tell us where it is on the server, and only will print. If you miss the meeting, you have no idea what's going on unless you find someone who has the precious printed copy.

181.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Since I do QC, I often print hundreds of drawings a week. If I bring them home to do it, anything I don't redline, I keep here for scratch paper for the kid to draw on. I have a bunch of paper with work on one side and her art on the other :lol:

User avatar 182.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:48 pm

this person will never ever email, won't tell us where it is on the server, and only will print. If you miss the meeting, you have no idea what's going on unless you find someone who has the precious printed copy.
Probably the same person that uses 10 paper cups a day.

User avatar 183.ufgators68 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Since I do QC, I often print hundreds of drawings a week. If I bring them home to do it, anything I don't redline, I keep here for scratch paper for the kid to draw on. I have a bunch of paper with work on one side and her art on the other :lol:
We print tons of 42x30 and 36x24 drawings. The ones we no longer need go home with me and I used them as target backing. Makes seeing those tiny little holes a lot easier.

184.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:30 pm

oh and yesterday on a conference call Dale's report was wrist-slashingly depressing

User avatar 185.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:44 pm

oh and yesterday on a conference call Dale's report was wrist-slashingly depressing
After North Korea bombs us are we all going to be killed by the effects of fracking when the natural gas asphyxiates or explodes us all?

186.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Get a call from work asking the best way to regrade phase 1 of one of our big projects, they need to put in another transformer. I just go, ya going to put that transformer right on top of our FDC?

Jebus, even at home without the plans in front of me I have to stop the PM from doing stupid shit :facepalm:

User avatar 187.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Get a call from work asking the best way to regrade phase 1 of one of our big projects, they need to put in another transformer. I just go, ya going to put that transformer right on top of our FDC?

Jebus, even at home without the plans in front of me I have to stop the PM from doing stupid shit :facepalm:
It's great working with people who don't know what in the blue fuck they are doing.

User avatar 188.RIP » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 pm

One of the guys I trained a few weeks ago is fucking up non-stop. He didn't take a single note during training and keeps asking me the same shit over and over (even though I'm off until Friday). I finally threw his ass under the bus. It couldn't be helped. Others are QCing his work currently and it's a mess. The fucker watches TV all day at his desk and takes naps. He's perfected his napping technique so that it looks like he's still working. He refuses to use the other guy that I trained as a resource since I'm not in the office (and frankly working through this shit together will make them both better). I really wish they had given me somebody else to train.

User avatar 189.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:29 pm

One of the guys I trained a few weeks ago is fucking up non-stop. He didn't take a single note during training and keeps asking me the same shit over and over (even though I'm off until Friday). I finally threw his ass under the bus. It couldn't be helped. Others are QCing his work currently and it's a mess. The fucker watches TV all day at his desk and takes naps. He's perfected his napping technique so that it looks like he's still working. He refuses to use the other guy that I trained as a resource since I'm not in the office (and frankly working through this shit together will make them both better). I really wish they had given me somebody else to train.

User avatar 190.RIP » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Yep. He's had a project for 2 weeks (it shouldn't have taken more than 1) and it's completely fucked up. It's going to take 2 people a full day just to point out all of his fuckups. Everyone in management is terrified of conflict so the inmates run the asylum. I have no idea how the company is as successful as it is.

191.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 pm

It's great working with people who don't know what in the blue fuck they are doing.
And he's a VP/client manager who makes 150k

That's why he's not an active project engineer though. Good client manager, terrible engineer

192.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:57 pm

That sucks rip. I have no problem with confrontation and will call out anyone, no matter how high. My tact just changes depending on the person and my relationship with them.

In a workshop, I had a coworker who said he didn't like to question the engineers because they might give him a bad review or whatever. I pointed out, who's it better to have point out your mistakes, a coworker or the fucking client? Simple as that.

193.evs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:39 pm

this coalition I am in, a guy I've never seen before comes in late, has a side convo with a guy I can't stand the whole time, looks like a slob and has a broken arm, and argued the dumbest position on the clean water act I've ever heard. the meeting was 2.5 hours but it ended at what I call the sweet spot of 4:30 downtown, too late to really get back to the office so I went straight home and got there by 5.

not sure where I'm going, just happy to have a place to put these things

User avatar 194.99inNC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:48 pm

this coalition I am in, a guy I've never seen before comes in late, has a side convo with a guy I can't stand the whole time, looks like a slob and has a broken arm, and argued the dumbest position on the clean water act I've ever heard. the meeting was 2.5 hours but it ended at what I call the sweet spot of 4:30 downtown, too late to really get back to the office so I went straight home and got there by 5.

This is "work bitching", Evs! Not work celebrating! Damn you and your happy accidents! :eg:

195.evs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 pm

This is "work bitching", Evs! Not work celebrating! Damn you and your happy accidents! :eg:
the 2.5 hour meeting was full of yappy lawyers though, that's the bad part, and some rando with a broke arm

196.Flight of the Gator » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:04 pm

User avatar 197.99inNC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:26 pm

the 2.5 hour meeting was full of yappy lawyers though, that's the bad part, and some rando with a broke arm
Okay, I can live with that. :coffee:

198.Juggs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Come into work today to make up time, suppose to have a big design change on a waste drop off/recycling center/student driving course in Pinellas County. Client said to change the asphalt we show where the driving course to a standard 24' road and striping. How did the client, nor our engineer forget that the primary purpose of that 35' wide pavement is because a semi with a 53' fucking trailer requires that much room to swing 90 degrees and back up into the dock :facepalm:

User avatar 199.ufgators68 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Going to be some pissed off folks here. They were warned, mid last week, to take home all of their tupperware/glasses/other shit in the sink or it would be thrown away Monday morning.

All of it was still in the sink, this morning, and has now been tossed in the trash. That trash was taken out by the cleaning crew. :lol:

200.Flight of the Gator » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Fuck this time zone over here. I am 14 hours ahead of you all! It's 11:52pm!
Sort by

« Gators Fucking Suck and Everything Sucks