work bitching

Moderators: Cus, Jabberdave, Irish Mike, blue

User avatar 1.99inNC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:05 pm

When it's 5 pm. And you and one other person have done most of the talking. And we're not going to reach a resolution on this call since there is research/work that has to be done off the phone...don't keep talking. Just shut the fuck up. This manager on my team gets so revved up, I feel like I need to muzzle him. Just talking and talking and talking to make sure he gets his point across. Seeks to be understood and doesn't seek to understand. Dammit, he drives me fucking nuts.

User avatar 2.Irish Mike » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Quit.

Again. ;)

User avatar 3.Cus » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 am

Ask him his opinion on Kramer Robertson's dye job.

4.MDG » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 am

"Sorry, hard stop at X:XXPM ...need to duck out. Thanks everyone." **click**

User avatar 5.99inNC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:37 pm

"Sorry, hard stop at X:XXPM ...need to duck out. Thanks everyone." **click**
That's exactly what I did. I gave them a courtesy 5 minutes and then told them, "Sorry, fellas. I have to leave." It doesn't hurt when you're the ranking member of leadership on the call.

6.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:49 pm

hate to be sexist, but it tends to more often be dudes who think you give a shit about their stupid opinion in these cases.

7.9508 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:53 pm

hate to be sexist, but it tends to more often be dudes who think you give a shit about their stupid opinion in these cases.
You chicks are always sharing opinions like that.

User avatar 8.99inNC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Oh it's mainly dudes where I work. My boss is a female and she HATES going over on meetings. Especially when we're not getting anything done. She's famous for calling an hour meeting and then we're done in 15.

9.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:54 pm

You chicks are always sharing opinions like that.
hahaha

women tend to go on with that whiny "you guys, we should be worried about this..." annoying but in a different way IMO

10.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Oh it's mainly dudes where I work. My boss is a female and she HATES going over on meetings. Especially when we're not getting anything done. She's famous for calling an hour meeting and then we're done in 15.
my new boss is a lady and runs them like "Jim, go..." so if you add on to anything, even if it's important, you feel guilty.

User avatar 11.99inNC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:59 pm

my new boss is a lady and runs them like "Jim, go..." so if you add on to anything, even if it's important, you feel guilty.
Yeah, my boss is super agenda driven. Her boss is all over the place, tangential and a bull in a china shop. Maddening.

12.52:20 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:04 pm

I learned how to run meetings from a chick in my first job. No bullshitting, if you say something stupid or run on you know it, meetings last no longer than absolute necessary. I had a mandatory document review meeting that happened about 40 times a year. Before I took over, these would last 30-60 minutes for each. If it lasted more than 10 minutes once I was running it, there was something really fucked up with it.

13.Juggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:18 pm

A certain coworker keeps dropping ice cubs from the ice machine and never picks them up. Just leaves them there to melt in the middle of the floor. Fuck face.

User avatar 14.99inNC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:37 pm

A certain coworker keeps dropping ice cubs from the ice machine and never picks them up. Just leaves them there to melt in the middle of the floor. Fuck face.
That's a shitty move. Especially when someone slips on water and gets hurt.

15.Juggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:47 pm

It's only a matter of time. I clean it up at least once a week. He's also the same guy who leaves a shit streak on the back of the toilet seat. He's just a slob :x

16.H&L » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm

A certain cubicle dweller outside of my office types on his keyboard non-stop at a monotonous, light-touch volume (click sounds only, no tone).

17.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:08 pm

ahaha one of my coworkers was livid the other day about not zeroing out the time on the microwave. She's going to bring it up in the next staff meeting.

18.Juggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 pm

ahaha one of my coworkers was livid the other day about not zeroing out the time on the microwave. She's going to bring it up in the next staff meeting.
That does annoy me, but I'd never say anything. Another coworker uses it to defrost his iced coffee that's constantly messing up the freezer and he uses the defrost button to do it. On the 2nd hit, it automatically stops at 4:33 left and he's done. He never resets it, so every afternoon it'll say 4:33. Hate.

19.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:16 pm

That does annoy me, but I'd never say anything. Another coworker uses it to defrost his iced coffee that's constantly messing up the freezer and he uses the defrost button to do it. On the 2nd hit, it automatically stops at 4:33 left and he's done. He never resets it, so every afternoon it'll say 4:33. Hate.
I was talking to someone while waiting for her stuff to heat up and she left it for me with 30 seconds on it. I was pretty surprised she'd do it to me right there, but I wasn't annoyed enough to say anything.

20.Juggs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:19 pm

I normally wouldn't have, but he's a friend of mine so when I finally saw it was him after seeing it for months, I said you're the fucker who leaves that strange time on the damn microwave. Clear it asshole! Of course he doesn't :lol:

21.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:25 pm

ha I just heated something up and had to clear 9 seconds off it

also this person who is going to complain at the staff meeting complained to a coworker who did it to her, Dale of course! and Dale said, how to I clear it haha

22.Flight of the Gator » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:35 pm

It's only a matter of time. I clean it up at least once a week. He's also the same guy who leaves a shit streak on the back of the toilet seat. He's just a slob :x
:lol: :lol:

23.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:05 pm

just had some free ice cream on the plaza

User avatar 24.99inNC » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:44 pm

You should slip and fall then. ;)
I know, right!!!

25.evs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 pm

cripes what a creep
Sort by

« Gators Fucking Suck and Everything Sucks