JRE

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

351.Tommy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:27 pm

David Lee Roth is batshit crazy
Reading a 1978 interview?
No, listening to a podcast, from this wk. Think he’s probably not as crazy as he comes across, just eccentric as f

User avatar 352.MoralityULack » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 pm

Used to see him often at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club (which is kind of a misnomer). Guess he lives or lived there. Cool place where they filmed some of the u/w scenes in Thunderball.
I know he had a place in the Bahamas. I think he has lived in Nashville for a while. Became a US citizen after 9/11.

I saw him play right after the live album came out in Lakeland and again at the baseball stadium in Miami. J Geils (which I went to see and I would have gone with as the headliner) and Derringer opened. Stephen Stills (who is criminally underrated) walked on.

I had plans once to fly in and stay at the cabins at the yacht club that didnt pan out.

353.PG. » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:24 pm

Yeah...think you pm'd me and I suggested it.

Figured you would go to David Copperfield's place https://mushacay.com/#1

$60,000 a night if I remember correctly.

I anchored off there once and they ran boats by me with big wakes until I moved.

User avatar 354.DocZaius » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:35 pm

Ha ha, fuck you Spotify. I can use Spotifeed to download the episodes into my regular podcast app.

https://spotifeed.timdorr.com/
Welp, Spotify has changed the way they host podcasts, thus breaking Spotifeed. Fuck them.

User avatar 355.DocZaius » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:37 pm

Anyone ever listen to this podcast? Seems interesting if the host is good.

https://www.tampabay.com/life-culture/e ... f-fortune/

356.Juggs » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Anyone ever listen to this podcast? Seems interesting if the host is good.

https://www.tampabay.com/life-culture/e ... f-fortune/
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there will be a lot of callers lying, exaggerating, or has an altered memory.

357.Tommy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:28 pm

It’s almost comical how terrible the Spotify podcast platform is

358.Juggs » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:03 pm

It’s almost comical how terrible the Spotify podcast platform is
No shit. Whatever they changed over the last week or two. Using the web version is now dogshit. Trying to force people to pay I assume. Curious if that has anything to do with the timing that millions of JRE listeners are now using spotify when they may not have been before.

But now I can't see any of the video, just listening.

359.Juggs » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Also, spotify, at least once or twice each podcast, will just stop playing the one I'm listening to and switch to an older podcast....and loses my spot on the one I was listening to.

No way I continue this membership once the 3 month free trial is up.

User avatar 360.RIP » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:24 pm

Also, spotify, at least once or twice each podcast, will just stop playing the one I'm listening to and switch to an older podcast....and loses my spot on the one I was listening to.

Yeah I hate that shit. I do like that you can skip to the end of ads though.
yt

361.Juggs » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Speaking of ads, it seems like just the last few podcasts, Rogan is now spending the first 10 minutes of the podcast just reading a script for sponsors. I wish he'd at least make it entertaining like Bill Burr or Tom Segura.

User avatar 362.RIP » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Speaking of ads, it seems like just the last few podcasts, Rogan is now spending the first 10 minutes of the podcast just reading a script for sponsors. I wish he'd at least make it entertaining like Bill Burr or Tom Segura.
Yeah it's boring as fuck. I skip them all. I actually sit through the ads on 2 Bears 1 Cave.
yt

363.Juggs » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 pm

Yeah it's boring as fuck. I skip them all. I actually sit through the ads on 2 Bears 1 Cave.
2B1C is perhaps my favorite podcast, but these separate ones now that they don't live in the same city and Bert is filming a movie aren't nearly as entertaining. Especially if it's Bert and another guest. Tom carries those 2.

User avatar 364.RIP » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:51 pm

2B1C is perhaps my favorite podcast, but these separate ones now that they don't live in the same city and Bert is filming a movie aren't nearly as entertaining. Especially if it's Bert and another guest. Tom carries those 2.
Yeah I love it. I started at the beginning and I'm on Ep. 15. I'm seeing Tom's show in Jax in September, and Bert's show in October. Tom does do the heavy lifting for sure.
yt

365.Juggs » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:35 pm

Yeah I love it. I started at the beginning and I'm on Ep. 15. I'm seeing Tom's show in Jax in September, and Bert's show in October. Tom does do the heavy lifting for sure.
I never check tour dates. I may have to see if tickets are still available. I’d love to see Tom. Bert can be hit or miss.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else