JRE

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

326.Juggs » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Well sure, a lot of it is bad science. And yeah, correlation/causation...fuck we say that a lot around here :lol:

But is it a merely a coincidence that there are certain chemicals in both plastic and on our crops in pesticides and during the same time period in which they started to become widely used, there's like a 50%+ reduction in testosterone and sperm count production? Meanwhile basically every other 1st world country as banned the use of these while we go on our merry way?

I realize there are many other factors to go into this as well....being fat and lazy, alcohol use, tobacco use, terrible diets....all contribute to our bodies production going to shit. All of those are at all time highs with the exception of tobacco, which I assume is considerable lower than in the past.

327.evil gator » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:59 pm

If you’re talking about glyphosate, it’s one of the most harmless chemicals around. The WHO’s IARC uses a very flawed outdated method so virtually everything they look at is deemed to “cause cancer” including coffee. the US Epa looks at actual risk and exposures, that is how you’d come into contact with the material. Like my coffee table might be harmful if I ate the whole thing, but using it normally isn’t harmful.

A few questions: what is the sperm count based on? Is it random sampling or labs where people send it? Because if it’s labs where people send it, that would introduce bias because it’s men who are concerned such as having a hard time conceiving so would be more likely to have issues than the overall population. So that number may be overinflated.

As you point out there are many other factors. The other thing is that people are having kids later and later over the past century so that would make it look like fertility is declining.

I just think taking one experts opinion when they are selling an idea is dangerous. Sometimes they are right, lots of times they are wrong.

Because I’ve seen so much abuse with the “omg chemicals are killing us” crowd that I always would recommend caution. And remember we’re living longer than ever - of all of the things people claim are so deadly we’d all be dying younger not older.

328.Juggs » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:57 pm

Well it was a sales pitch to get more funding, that's for sure. I believe the sampling wasn't skewed by only analyzing people who were concerned. Random analysis comparing counts today vs 50 years ago across all generations and each generation there was a noticeable drop.

Interesting though. Glyphosate was one of the ones she mentioned specifically. :hatsoff: Personally I don't think a study is needed to say, "hmmm...pesticides and chemicals on food may not be good for us" :lol: I do think our lifestyle has as much or more to do with it than anything.

329.evil gator » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:50 pm

Well it was a sales pitch to get more funding, that's for sure. I believe the sampling wasn't skewed by only analyzing people who were concerned. Random analysis comparing counts today vs 50 years ago across all generations and each generation there was a noticeable drop.

Interesting though. Glyphosate was one of the ones she mentioned specifically. :hatsoff: Personally I don't think a study is needed to say, "hmmm...pesticides and chemicals on food may not be good for us" :lol: I do think our lifestyle has as much or more to do with it than anything.
everything is made of chemicals and they are everywhere. Saying that trace amounts used in food production (which keeps cost of food reasonable) that are barely in what we eat is fear mongering by shills for "organic" food which has never been shown to be healthier, just more expensive. BTW, instead of certain well tested chemicals they use other chemicals and metals in organic farming...so you're eating chemicals no matter what.

330.evil gator » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:53 pm

each year there are reports of the DIRTY DOZEN by environmental working group based on absolute nonsense.

EWG also sells water filters and peddles the idea that city water is mostly dirty (its not) and ultimately scares people from eating fresh foods.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2021/03/24/di ... iven-15420

are there environmental hazards out there? Sure, but they aren't generally what these shills are scaring people about. the fumes you breath gassing up your car are worse.

User avatar 331.RIP » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:54 pm

The Matty Matheson episode is great. He's a fucking nut and one hell of a chef. He was a party animal and almost died of a heart attack at 29. He ended up getting sober a year later and has held on for 9 years now.
yt

332.Juggs » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:19 pm

I'm still on Dave Smith. The Libertarian comedian.

User avatar 333.MoralityULack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:48 pm

Wildly popular podcast host Joe Rogan admitted he’s a “f**king moron” and “not a respected source of information, even for me” as he backpedaled on selfish comments he made earlier about young, healthy people not needing to get vaccinated from COVID-19.

334.evil gator » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:49 pm

You questioned childhood vaccines so you need to stfu

User avatar 335.MoralityULack » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:06 pm

You questioned childhood vaccines so you need to stfu

I had sympathy for poor Jenny McCarthy. She seems like such a nice girl.

336.Juggs » Sat May 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Wildly popular podcast host Joe Rogan admitted he’s a “f**king moron” and “not a respected source of information, even for me” as he backpedaled on selfish comments he made earlier about young, healthy people not needing to get vaccinated from COVID-19.
He says that on every single topic on almost every single podcast. It's not "backpeddling". He's clarifying. He says constantly to not take what he says seriously.

But good job once again being a retard who takes a random line without context and climbing up onto your high horse.

337.Juggs » Thu May 06, 2021 2:48 pm

The Matty Matheson episode is great. He's a fucking nut and one hell of a chef. He was a party animal and almost died of a heart attack at 29. He ended up getting sober a year later and has held on for 9 years now.
I'm not going to make it far into this one. His voice and obnoxiousness is irritating :lol:

User avatar 338.RIP » Thu May 06, 2021 3:44 pm

Yeah he's not for everyone :lol:
yt

User avatar 339.angrigator » Thu May 06, 2021 4:29 pm

Neither is Rogan.

340.PG. » Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 pm

Of course not. He doesn't follow the liberal script. Free thinking is not allowed in your party.

341.Juggs » Fri May 07, 2021 11:33 am

Of course not. He doesn't follow the liberal script. Free thinking is not allowed in your party.
Liberals hate him even though guns is about the only issue he's not liberal on :lol:

They also seem to hate him because he gives an equal voice to all. Mostly. He's had quite a few far, far Lefties on. Equal lefties and righties. Bernie Sanders. A good number of Libertarians or centrists. Really the extreme right is the only voice he hasn't had on. The only Trump supporter I can even remember him having on is the black lawyer :lol:

342.evil gator » Fri May 07, 2021 12:30 pm

yeah so many liberals are very threatened by anyone not following the script - like if you agree with part of something you have to agree with a whole complex neomarxist doctrine. They used to be the ones who wanted us to be able to listen to gangsta rap and have differing views, now they ban and silence people who don't tow the line the right is more tolerant of weirdos and people who hold a wide range of views.

343.Juggs » Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Jonathan Zimmerman. Listening to this professor now. Sometimes he doesn't sound so bad, sometimes he sounds exactly like a professor. Thinks 19-20 year olds are the most interesting age because they see how the world works and blah blah. But he also said censorship and cancel culture is free speech, so it's ok. I'm guessing he'd change his tune if it was the right that started to cancel his opinions :lol:

User avatar 344.DocZaius » Fri May 07, 2021 12:43 pm

His greatest sin to those who want him canceled are that he allows wrong-thinkers on his show. I haven't listened since he moved to Spotify because the Spotify app sucks for podcasts, but didn't they remove some of his more controversial shows from the archive? Like the Alex Jones interview?

345.Juggs » Fri May 07, 2021 12:53 pm

His greatest sin to those who want him canceled are that he allows wrong-thinkers on his show. I haven't listened since he moved to Spotify because the Spotify app sucks for podcasts, but didn't they remove some of his more controversial shows from the archive? Like the Alex Jones interview?
Yes and then they claimed it was a "technical glitch and the episodes would be uploaded shortly". Which I don't believe ever happened. Surprise surprise :lol:

User avatar 346.DocZaius » Fri May 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Ha ha, fuck you Spotify. I can use Spotifeed to download the episodes into my regular podcast app.

https://spotifeed.timdorr.com/
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else