NFL Free Agency Thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.GFY » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Trey Burton to the Bears
Jags sign OL Norwell (Highest paid OL in the NFL)
Brees back to NO 2 Years for 50 Mill
Keenum to Denver
Allen Robinson to Bears
Kirk Cousins to sign with Vikes

2.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Good job reb

User avatar 3.Denver-Gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Reb, can you post the combine numbers for all of these guys

4.shutout » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Mags ain't walkin back in through that login screen.

5.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Denver's heartbreak is like an 80s power ballad

6.9508 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Yeah... he’s busy down in Puerto Rico

7.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:20 pm

hahaha that boner one is never not funny

User avatar 8.GFY » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Sammy Watkins to Chiefs
Cousins deal - 3 year 84 mill - all guaranteed. :holyshit:

9.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm

I am hopeful that Brees will beat Manning's record. Tell me its gonna happen

User avatar 10.evs' Boytoy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Sam Bradford's worthless ass is heading to Arizona.

User avatar 11.Denver-Gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 pm

glass ass... :rofl:

12.MoralityULack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:27 pm

He needs 1000 yards, he throws for 5000 yards a year and just signed a two year deal.

13.evil gator » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm

He needs 1000 yards, he throws for 5000 yards a year and just signed a two year deal.
DON'T JINX PLS

User avatar 14.GFY » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Jags re-sign Marquise Lee - 4 Years 38 Mill

User avatar 15.GFY » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:32 pm

:lol:

User avatar 16.GFY » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Danny Amendola is reportedly leaving the Patriots to sign with rival Dolphins

User avatar 17.evs' Boytoy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Never to be heard from again.

18.Fishon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 pm

Never to be heard from again.
Yup. I would say he should’ve learned from Wes Welker but the truth is the Pats cut guys like amendola without a second thought when they stop producing. Dolphins throw bloated contracts at the same type of guys. Amendola is smart cus he knows he could be cut in the next years with NE. My bet is that he plays less than a full season total over the course of his contract.

No football analysis, just applying dolphin luck

User avatar 19.GFY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 am

I hope the Jaguars go 0-16 next year, and instead of sound football decisions, focus on how great an experience swimming in a pool can be during an NFL game.

Don't care about Allen Robinson. Coming off an ACL tear and you don't want to get in the sweepstakes running in upwards of $15M/year. Fine.

But then you let him go, and immediately sign a shitbag 3rd option slot receiver for almost $20M/year, including $18M guaranteed as your #1 WR. LMFAO. Jags fans, get ready for another 10 years of shit. This is so farcical on it's face, I just don't even know what to say. How do you just piss away the momentum of a great year on stupidity?

You can argue the merits of restructuring Bortles' contract...ok. But when you bet the farm on Marquis fucking Lee, and a couple of 2nd year players at your receiver position, knowing Bortles needed an upgrade....wow. And vastly overpaying to boot. Why not re-up Hurns for $20M while you're at it?

Busch league shit right here. How about bring Gus Bradley back while you're at it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have no clue who the jags signed today.

User avatar 20.GFY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:20 am

I hope the Jaguars go 0-16 next year, and instead of sound football decisions, focus on how great an experience swimming in a pool can be during an NFL game.

Don't care about Allen Robinson. Coming off an ACL tear and you don't want to get in the sweepstakes running in upwards of $15M/year. Fine.

But then you let him go, and immediately sign a shitbag 3rd option slot receiver for almost $20M/year, including $18M guaranteed as your #1 WR. LMFAO. Jags fans, get ready for another 10 years of shit. This is so farcical on it's face, I just don't even know what to say. How do you just piss away the momentum of a great year on stupidity?

You can argue the merits of restructuring Bortles' contract...ok. But when you bet the farm on Marquis fucking Lee, and a couple of 2nd year players at your receiver position, knowing Bortles needed an upgrade....wow. And vastly overpaying to boot. Why not re-up Hurns for $20M while you're at it?

Busch league shit right here. How about bring Gus Bradley back while you're at it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have no clue who the jags signed today.
yeah. Marquis Lee at $9M+/yr. My bad on the initial quote. Posluszny retired. Not sure what else you're talking about.

Point remains, when you bring back a sketchy QB and his new top target was the #3 guy who is injury prone, and #2 and #3 are second year guys, you are dog shit. A team coming of the AFC Championship Game. Sad, and you know it.

Maybe they make some more moves at the position, but you just overpaid a POS because you failed to re-sign your best guy.

Not good.
ARob had a down year in 2016 and missed almost all of 2017 and the team almost made it to the SB. They also signed arguably the best OL on the market in Andrew Norwell and WR from Indy Donte Moncrief. Again you have no idea. Go hug a tree.

User avatar 21.Cus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:34 pm

yeah. Marquis Lee at $9M+/yr. My bad on the initial quote. Posluszny retired. Not sure what else you're talking about.

Point remains, when you bring back a sketchy QB and his new top target was the #3 guy who is injury prone, and #2 and #3 are second year guys, you are dog shit. A team coming of the AFC Championship Game. Sad, and you know it.

Maybe they make some more moves at the position, but you just overpaid a POS because you failed to re-sign your best guy.

Not good.
ARob had a down year in 2016 and missed almost all of 2017 and the team almost made it to the SB. They also signed arguably the best OL on the market in Andrew Norwell and WR from Indy Donte Moncrief. Again you have no idea. Go hug a tree.
Oh, a guy who had 26 receptions last year? Good Lord, just stfu you dumb, inbred hick. :lol:
They could draft Callaway. Not the same as a seasoned vet and would probably be in the doghouse by game 6 but still...

Nevermind, I talked myself out of it.

User avatar 22.GFY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Not good.
Oh, a guy who had 26 receptions last year? Good Lord, just stfu you dumb, inbred hick. :lol:
His better season was 2016 when he caught 7 TD's with Luck was tossing the rock. He is also faster than ARob and is not coming off a torn ACL.

It seems you are still a bitter Jets fan that did not get Blake Bortles.

23.Supes44444 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Allen Robinson was going to be too pricey and you would be taking a big risk of re-signing him. No reason to keep him, Moncrief is not a bad deal if they can get 5+ tds out of him. Adding Norwell is awesome. Talk about a huge O-line now. Probably be close to the best o-line they've had. Run game will thrive even more. I'm not worried about the receivers at this point. Would love to get a good tight end in the draft and need to fill a couple of holes on the defense.

User avatar 24.GFY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Allen Robinson was going to be too pricey and you would be taking a big risk of re-signing him. No reason to keep him, Moncrief is not a bad deal if they can get 5+ tds out of him. Adding Norwell is awesome. Talk about a huge O-line now. Probably be close to the best o-line they've had. Run game will thrive even more. I'm not worried about the receivers at this point. Would love to get a good tight end in the draft and need to fill a couple of holes on the defense.
Lost Colvin to the Texans but are going to sign DJ Hayden, DB from the Raiders to replace or add depth.

User avatar 25.GFY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Lost Colvin to the Texans but are going to sign DJ Hayden, DB from the Raiders to replace or add depth.
Another mediocre at best signing.
I will agree with you on that one, fuckface,
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else