Basketball shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 751.GFY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Bring on the Bonnies.

752.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:51 pm

from Franz's TOTD

Getting eight teams in the NCAA Tournament is just the latest muscle flex for the Southeastern Conference. Sport by sport, the league continues to grow and assert its dominance, the latest evidence eight teams in the NCAA Tournament. It’s not an accident or an aberration, simply the result of every school in the league not named Kentucky or Florida electing to upgrade schedules, facilities, etc. Commissioner Greg Sankey should be given a lot of credit for his insistence that the days of scheduling 8-10 teams with an RPI of less than 100 have to end.

The combination of better facilities and better competition has paid off handsomely on the recruiting trail. If you check the 247Sports rankings, you’ll find four SEC teams in the top 10 for the recruiting class of 2018 (#4 LSU; #6 Kentucky; #7 Vanderbilt; #9 Mississippi State) and a fifth (#17 Florida) in the top 20. Two or three years ago that would have been unheard of.

What the SEC has done this year isn’t a fluke. The league is as good or better top to bottom as any in the entire country and it’s going to stay that way. The formula for long term success is quite simple: Good coaches, good scheduling, good facilities and good recruiting. It’s not rocket science.
helped by some of the trad power conferences having shitty years too. hopefully can get a good record and continue year after year

User avatar 753.99inNC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Dools's "Back Nine"
http://www.gatorsports.com/2018/03/the- ... ournament/

10. People get mad at bracket-makers.
11. All eyes on SEC with 8 teams in. Cal keeps whining.
12. SEC tourney was fine, but Nashville probably better for the next 3 years.
13. Well, it’s time for me to pick my bracket and I know you have been waiting breathlessly for it. I have Florida winning Thursday and losing Saturday. I have the SEC doing well, but not Kentucky. I have a Final Four of Arizona, Xavier, Duke and Arkansas. Yes, Arkansas. America is about to find out that the SEC was no a fluke this season and the SEC teams are going to be thrilled to get away from playing conference teams.
14. Great past sports weekend for Florida even with men's b-ball shitting the bed on Friday.
15. Is Tiger Woods back?
16. Spring practice beginning!
17. Big 12 and SEC could ban Kansas and Kentucky and they'd still find a way to win the league tourney.
18. Dools got work done at the gym and listened to songs.

Be you.

754.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 pm

some funny stuff if you like to laugh at UCLA/Alford

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... spartanntp

(NC are we allowed to talk general tourney or only gators here?)

User avatar 755.99inNC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 pm

some funny stuff if you like to laugh at UCLA/Alford

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk ... spartanntp

(NC are we allowed to talk general tourney or only gators here?)
It's alllllllllllllllllll good!

756.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm

especially if mocking a team whose fans said "gay gotors" to me in 2006 :-(

User avatar 757.Cus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:23 pm

But we danced evs, we danced.

User avatar 758.99inNC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Never forget. Check the 3:25 mark.

User avatar 759.ufgators68 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Well if that doesn't give you goosebumps, nothing will.

760.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Never forget. Check the 3:25 mark.
my best work friend was at GMU then, that's basically the only thing she knows about sports though.

User avatar 761.Cus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:23 pm

Destroying GM wasn't quite as good a feeling as winning the whole damn thing but it was close....it was reeeeal close.

762.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm

I love how Noah was always yapping into a Mike

User avatar 763.99inNC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Destroying GM wasn't quite as good a feeling as winning the whole damn thing but it was close....it was reeeeal close.
Oh I loved it. Fuck you, Cinderella.

Although, I enjoyed us beating Dunk City a few years back just as much. Oh, you guys love dunking on people. You're the next big thing, huh? Oh, you guys have a lazy river on your campus? You're right by the beach? That's so neat.

764.evil gator » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Although, I enjoyed us beating Dunk City a few years back just as much. Oh, you guys love dunking on people. You're the next big thing, huh? Oh, you guys have a lazy river on your campus? You're right by the beach? That's so neat.

ahahaha lazy river, forgot that.

765.lil numby » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:33 pm

matta tells UGA to kick rocks

User avatar 766.Cus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm

ahahaha lazy river, forgot that.
The media wanted UCLA soooooo badly.

F what you want.

767.shutout » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Suck it, Jordan Farmar!

User avatar 768.GFY » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Suck it, Jordan Farmar!
:rofl: / Image

User avatar 769.99inNC » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Suck it, Jordan Farmar!
And the cheerleaders were making fun of Noah for being ugly. And they trotted this out there. This.

User avatar 770.Cus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Suck it, Jordan Farmar!
And the cheerleaders were making fun of Noah for being ugly. And they trotted this out there. This.
Hahaha Yes!! When I heard that story I thought "Have you even seen Lorenzo Mata?"

Speaking of which, my man is playing pro in Old Mexico.

Time and money have not improved his countenance. (I'm making fun of this guy and he has wayyyyy more cash and gunch than I do)

User avatar 771.Irish Mike » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Hahaha Yes!! When I heard that story I thought "Have you even seen Lorenzo Mata?"

Speaking of which, my man is playing pro in Old Mexico.

Time and money have not improved his countenance. (I'm making fun of this guy and he has wayyyyy more cash and gunch than I do)
2/10?

User avatar 772.evs' Boytoy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:29 pm

2/14

773.evil gator » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm

his facial hair is just as sparse and unappealing as ever

User avatar 774.Cus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Hey you guys! the Haircut podcast says the Gator hoopsters have a chip on the shoulder.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/flor ... nt-preview

User avatar 775.Cus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:20 pm

If you're twitter impaired, well, I guess you don't get to see this hype video

Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else