Basketball shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.99inNC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm

With the football season on the brink, it's not too soon to also turn our eyes onto a team that will probably be better than the shitty football Gators.

VT Transfer Jalen Hudson will look to get more defensive with his game this year. Also a big scorer for the Gators.
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/10/huds ... ve-gators/

Foley is going to help fix NCAA basketball as he's named to special committee.
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/10/fole ... ommission/

User avatar 2.99inNC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Chiozza has to continue what we saw in the tournament.
https://scout.com/college/florida/Artic ... -108753946

User avatar 3.Irish Mike » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:33 pm

They'll finish the regular season with less losses than the football team.

User avatar 4.99inNC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:07 pm

They'll finish the regular season with less losses than the football team.
This is altogether a realistic possibility.

User avatar 5.99inNC » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Chiozza stepping up in intense first week.
https://scout.com/college/florida/Artic ... -108822066

User avatar 6.99inNC » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

If this happens, it would be great.
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/sec-bask ... l-sec-team
Florida to pick first in SEC.
1. Florida — The last time Kentucky had a team this young (2013-14), the Gators won the league, but both teams made the Final Four. It could happen again. Florida reached the Elite Eight in Year 2 under 2017 SEC Coach of the Year Mike White and returns key pieces KeVaughn Allen, Chris Chiozza and John Egbunu.

User avatar 7.anglo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Shit, totally thought Egbunu had graduated :oops:

Can't wait to see what this team does.

8.9508 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Hope our BBall team avoids credit/debit cards.

User avatar 9.angrigator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:03 pm

Single game tickets are mostly sold out for all rivalry games and the resales are ridiculously expensive. I'd like to go to some but not for $100/ticket....

User avatar 10.Denver-Gator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Single game tickets are mostly sold out for all rivalry games and the resales are ridiculously expensive. I'd like to go to some but not for $100/ticket....
I've lost track a bit with the board reboot, I guess you've moved from Panama to Oak Hammock

11.shutout » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:09 pm

I've lost track a bit with the board reboot, I guess you've moved from Panama to Oak Hammock
and he's poor.

User avatar 12.Irish Mike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:16 pm

and he's poor.
And cranky

User avatar 13.angrigator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:25 pm

and he's poor.
And cranky
and recovering fome a successful stent catheterization and it's West Park not oak hammock.

14.gatorbreeze » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 pm

and he's poor.
And cranky
and recovering fome a successful stent catheterization and it's West Park not oak hammock.
Congrats on the stent survival and you are one cranky mofo. :numby:

15.evs » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm

can't wait for this season.

16.evs » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:23 pm

used to be able to get tickets for around the holidays when students are gone inexpensively; also if you join the local gator club those folks often share their tix reasonably.

User avatar 17.99inNC » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:25 pm

used to be able to get tickets for around the holidays when students are gone inexpensively; also if you join the local gator club those folks often share their tix reasonably.
I loved when I was living in Gainesville during the winter break. Used to go to every game and sit close as a mother fucker. :lol:

18.Fishon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:27 pm

ag, remind me once the season starts. I can't always make it to every game

19.evs » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:39 pm

I loved when I was living in Gainesville during the winter break. Used to go to every game and sit close as a mother fucker. :lol:
yes! I was nearly close enough to have Joakim Noah sweat on me and see Bonnell Colas' boner

User avatar 20.99inNC » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 pm

yes! I was nearly close enough to have Joakim Noah sweat on me and see Bonnell Colas' boner
"nearly"...riiiiiight?

User avatar 21.angrigator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Is this an olive branch? :lol:

Thanks

User avatar 22.Denver-Gator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Five-star basketball recruit Emmitt Williams has been charged with felony sexual battery and false imprisonment, according to the Orange County jail records.

Williams is a 6'8", 200-pound senior at Oak Ridge High School in Orlando, Fla., and a member of the 2018 recruiting class. He had offers from Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Florida, Louisville, LSU, Texas A&M and others. He was scheduled to visit Florida this weekend.

He is ranked No. 21st in the class of 2018, according to 247 Sports.

He was arrested and booked at 12:40 a.m. on Wednesday.
Nope...

User avatar 23.Irish Mike » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Five-star basketball recruit Emmitt Williams has been charged with felony sexual battery and false imprisonment, according to the Orange County jail records.

Williams is a 6'8", 200-pound senior at Oak Ridge High School in Orlando, Fla., and a member of the 2018 recruiting class. He had offers from Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Florida, Louisville, LSU, Texas A&M and others. He was scheduled to visit Florida this weekend.

He is ranked No. 21st in the class of 2018, according to 247 Sports.

He was arrested and booked at 12:40 a.m. on Wednesday.
Nope...
Let's not be hasty. Maybe he can play football.

24.evs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Is this an olive branch? :lol:

Thanks
I'm a giver

User avatar 25.99inNC » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Best backcourt in the SEC? Gainesville.
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/10/whit ... rs-second/

More on Florida finishing second in pre-season media poll and pre-season player picks. KeVaughn Allen is first team SEC.
http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/10/flor ... -sec-poll/
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Offseasoned