Basketball shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1301.GFY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:12 am

UT beating the shit out of us. Yes we have some recruits coming, but the same dip shit coaching
If this team had the offense we had last year with this years defense, they’d be top 10.
They dont
No shit

User avatar 1302.Cus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:02 pm

UT beating the shit out of us. Yes we have some recruits coming, but the same dip shit coaching
This is what I keep telling the brain trust at 247, yes he's recruiting good but when you take thoroughbreds and make them pull a plow...

User avatar 1303.99inNC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Tennessee is very good.

1304.Tommy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 pm

And we’re not

User avatar 1305.99inNC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm

And we’re not
This is true.

User avatar 1306.Cus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Some guy on 247 just posted that White should have more time because "look how Coach K started out at Duke" as if every coach starting out is going to become Coach K.

User avatar 1307.99inNC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Some guy on 247 just posted that White should have more time because "look how Coach K started out at Duke" as if every coach starting out is going to become Coach K.
So, he's not going to become Coach K?

Fuck.

User avatar 1308.evs' Boytoy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Coach W doesn't roll off the tongue the same way.

User avatar 1309.Cus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Fuck.
Got news for you my brother, he ain't even gonna be John Lotz.

1310.PG. » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm

If only his first name was Walter.

User avatar 1311.Panamag8or » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Fuck.
Wow, old school.

User avatar 1312.Cus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Fuck.
Wow, old school.
Couldn't remember how to spell Don Devoe.

1313.newmexigator » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm

he's zookesque

User avatar 1314.99inNC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:47 pm

he's zookesque
Even with all the injuries to the bigs, with each passing game, it's getting harder and harder for me to take up for White against your criticisms of him. :lol:

1315.newmexigator » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

he's zookesque
Even with all the injuries to the bigs, with each passing game, it's getting harder and harder for me to take up for White against your criticisms of him. :lol:
i'd prefer you were in the right

User avatar 1316.99inNC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm

he's zookesque
i'd prefer you were in the right
:lol: :lol:

Listen, old friend...I'm not saying he's the next Billy D. But I do want to see what he can do next year with this next ridiculous recruiting class. If he sucks ass with the upperclassmen and the talented freshmen? Then all I can say in the immortal words of your buddy is...

Goodbye will be farewell.

User avatar 1317.RIP » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm

If he doesn't have a good season next year with all the talent coming in he should go.

User avatar 1318.99inNC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm

If he doesn't have a good season next year with all the talent coming in he should go.
This is where I find myself as well. The only year he didn't have a top 20 class was 2016. 2015 it was 17. 2017, it was 20. 2018, it was 19. 2019 class is ranked 7th right now.
He has 2 incoming 5-star in Scottie Lewis and Tre Mann. And a big-time big in Omar Payne. Three top 50 players and two top 25 players.
Nembhard is a 5-star and Johnson and Lock are both 4-stars. All three are top 80 players.
And he had Johnson, Stokes, Ballard and Okaru in the 2017 class. From that class Chase Johnson, a 6-8 big transferred. Stokes is a 6-8 fatty fat who can't get his shit together.
Gak is out and taking a medical redshirt this year.
Keith Stone is out for the year.
Bassett is meh.
Hayes is the only one gives meaningful minutes and he's gone next year.

So to recap: Johnson transferred back in December. Stokes is lazy. Gak is out for the year. Stone is out for the year. Bassett is a body and Hayes is the only "legit" big man we have. Not ideal.

He's literally missing 3 of the bigs he was supposed to have for this season to transfer or injury. Maybe he can pick up a grad transfer and hopefully we can stay healthy next year and Payne will be the instant impact we need him to be.

User avatar 1319.Cus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:03 pm

White seems unable to coach any other offensive philosophy other than "throw it around a little and shoot a 3". That's my main gripe with him, that and his choices of who to get it to with the game on the line and 20 seconds left.

He doesn't seem to know what a half court offense is, much less implement it and teach it.

User avatar 1320.99inNC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:40 pm

White seems unable to coach any other offensive philosophy other than "throw it around a little and shoot a 3". That's my main gripe with him, that and his choices of who to get it to with the game on the line and 20 seconds left.

He doesn't seem to know what a half court offense is, much less implement it and teach it.
I agree that he struggles with it, but let me play devil's advocate for a moment. Who exactly are we supposed to give it to in the low post?

User avatar 1321.Cus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:31 pm

I agree that he struggles with it, but let me play devil's advocate for a moment. Who exactly are we supposed to give it to in the low post?
Me? :noidea:

User avatar 1322.99inNC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Exactly. A steaming pile of nothing.

User avatar 1323.Cus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Exactly. A steaming pile of nothing.

User avatar 1324.evs' Boytoy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Damn. If looks could kill.

1325.GFY » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:06 am

LSU is pretty good.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else