Basketball shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1126.evs' Boytoy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 pm

No mention of last night's game? Horrible shooting night.
Eh, they will get there. This team is full of shooters. Defense is the big concern. Guys were out of position or not on proper assignment too many times last night. I though White was going to lose his shit a few times.

User avatar 1127.99inNC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Even though there is talent on this team, I think it's going to take a while for this team to gel. I think they might be a threat to go far in the SEC tournament, NCAA tournament...but I see them taking some lumps in the non-con/early conference schedule.

User avatar 1128.evs' Boytoy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Agreed. I thought the same thing several times last night. They seem to be feeling their way around right now. When they get it, look out. There were so many individual plays last night that probably worked back in HS, but that shit doesn't fly even against lower level competition now.

User avatar 1129.99inNC » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Agreed. I thought the same thing several times last night. They seem to be feeling their way around right now. When they get it, look out. There were so many individual plays last night that probably worked back in HS, but that shit doesn't fly even against lower level competition now.
And I know that no one wants to hear this right now, but 2019-20 season has a chance to be special. There will be so much talent on that squad. Yikes.

User avatar 1130.Cus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:54 pm

There's a contingent of posters on 247 ready to fire Mike White now.

User avatar 1131.RIP » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Jesus. Under what pretense?

1132.PG. » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:36 pm

We lost to fsu.

14th ranked fsu at their place with a pg in his first college game.

Geez

BTW I think we should have started Okaru or whatever that other pgs name is.

User avatar 1133.Cus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:24 am

Jesus. Under what pretense?
A couple have never liked the hire in the first place so he can do no right with them. A few more consider last year's up and down season, the loss to FSU and "struggling" against La Salle as evidence White can't get it done. The last faction think White can't coach anything but a transition offense, that he has no acumen for a half court offense. They point to UFs struggles against a zone defense as proof of this.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else