Juggs - hunting thread...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.ufgators68 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:25 pm

The big fucker, from last year, made it through the offseason. 8-)

No mentions on facebook, please. Fucking poachers.

2.9508 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:24 am

Real man woulda got him last season.

User avatar 3.ufgators68 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:29 am

Seeing as how a real man has a real job, that isn't hunting whitetails, it makes it kind of difficult. Fucktard.

4.9508 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 am

Uh huh.

5.Juggs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 am

Nice. But you're FB friends with the poachers? :lol:

The neighbor got the huge sow a couple weeks ago. It eats up the corn, I get it, but what a huge waste of meat. Who shoots a hog when it's 90+ Outside?

User avatar 6.ufgators68 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:43 am

It's the whole keep your friends close and your enemies closer thing. I have them unfollowed but check on them during hunting season.

7.Juggs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:38 pm

:lol: that sucks.

User avatar 8.RIP » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:18 pm

why not mount a turret in the tree and take them out from the comfort of your home?

User avatar 9.angrigator » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm

why not mount a turret in the tree and take them out from the comfort of your home?
The poachers? Capital idea.

User avatar 10.ufgators68 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Illegal. :sadwalk:

User avatar 11.RIP » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 pm

Illegal. :sadwalk:
Thanks Obama :gaah:

User avatar 12.ufgators68 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:24 pm

The poachers? Capital idea.
They don't come over there right now. They don't know there are good deer there. I've only shown them pics of little scrub bucks and does. :lol:

If I kill that big one, I'll have to put up gates and extra cameras.

13.MDG » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:30 pm

My father, in his mid 70's decided he was no longer going to climb a dear stand. He sets up on the deck with a cup of coffee, a mouth full of chaw and waits. Gun near every window in the house.

14.Tommy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:30 pm

There's a lot of elk here in Oregon, I want one in the freezer, could care less about shooting one, but I will.

User avatar 15.ufgators68 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:43 pm

There's a lot of elk here in Oregon, I want one in the freezer, could care less about shooting one, but I will.
I would like to kill an elk or two. Be kinda hard to hang that rack on the wall though. :lol:

16.MoralityULack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:59 pm

I would like to go elk hunting someday. But not to pull up in a jeep and blaze away at a herd on the next mountain with a 338 magnum. If its much beyond rock throwing range it just doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment to me. Our guide in CO went on a rant about that too. Said his best friend guides for a year or two then quits for a year or two because of some client.

Probably never happen. It will probably be a few years before we move back out there. Still will have to work. Im getting old. Not a lot of time to make the effort to HUNT elk.

17.jtg » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:07 pm

I would like to go elk hunting someday. But not to pull up in a jeep and blaze away at a herd on the next mountain with a 338 magnum. If its much beyond rock throwing range it just doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment to me. Our guide in CO went on a rant about that too. Said his best friend guides for a year or two then quits for a year or two because of some client.

Probably never happen. It will probably be a few years before we move back out there. Still will have to work. Im getting old. Not a lot of time to make the effort to HUNT elk.
guy I know does that - the former - goes up and shoots an animal a long ways off - has someone else go collect it. WTF is the point?

18.MoralityULack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 pm

I would like to kill an elk or two. Be kinda hard to hang that rack on the wall though. :lol:

19.Tommy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:48 pm

One of you f'rs come out here, shoot me a elk, far or close, I just wanna eat the beast. Go by the dispensary on the way out, load up on weed. I went one the other day, just for the hell of it, RIP would have been drooling like Mex over LDR starting.

User avatar 20.ufgators68 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:54 pm

You pay the fees/license and I'll be out there as soon as I can get a tag. Assuming they are on a tag system there.

ETA... Just looked, nonresident license/tag = $710 plus other fees. :shock: They're some nonresident hating m'fers. :lol:

Sheep/Goats are $1400 just for the tag.
Last edited by ufgators68 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

21.Juggs » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:03 pm

You pay the fees/license and I'll be out there as soon as I can get a tag. Assuming they are on a tag system there.

ETA... Just looked, nonresident license/tag = $710 plus other fees. :shock: They're some nonresident hating m'fers. :lol:
Don't blame them, honestly. Like how Florida gouges the shit out of tourists in certain towns.

I have a friend in Idaho that has hunting camps in SD and Montana. Maybe I could use her tag :scratchhin:

User avatar 22.ufgators68 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Don't blame them, honestly. Like how Florida gouges the shit out of tourists in certain towns.

I have a friend in Idaho that has hunting camps in SD and Montana. Maybe I could use her tag :scratchhin:
I guess they probably aren't as overpopulated, game wise, as Mississippi. You can get a nonres all game license for $300 for the whole year. :beatsme:

23.MoralityULack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 pm

It takes a lot of land to feed an elk. You rule out the highest and lowest for climate. Then they migrate in between so they all have to live at a certain altitude at any give time. They are fairly easy pickins in the open. There just aren't that many to go around. If you want horns of consequence even less. They put locals first. I dont know how it is in other places but I know in CO you buy your tag by region. And there are something like 50. So you have to know where you are going. Then you face lottery in most places, I think especially for out of state. Some I think you have to put down a fairly hefty non-refundable fee. You may HAVE to have a guide in some places. Its complicated and expensive and you really have to know what you are getting for your purchase.

Thats why I was saying earlier. Not likely for me unless/until we move back.

User avatar 24.ufgators68 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Got another big boy on camera recently. Fuckers need to start coming out during the day. :lol:

25.gatorbreeze » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Would you use a weapon or just talk them to death?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else