Juggs - hunting thread...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 26.evs' Boytoy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 pm

:lol: Berate their political opinion until they off themselves.

27.evs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm

There's a lot of elk here in Oregon, I want one in the freezer, could care less about shooting one, but I will.
I would like to go elk hunting someday. But not to pull up in a jeep and blaze away at a herd on the next mountain with a 338 magnum. If its much beyond rock throwing range it just doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment to me. Our guide in CO went on a rant about that too. Said his best friend guides for a year or two then quits for a year or two because of some client.

Probably never happen. It will probably be a few years before we move back out there. Still will have to work. Im getting old. Not a lot of time to make the effort to HUNT elk.
Would you use a weapon or just talk them to death?
ahahaha

28.Juggs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:38 pm

A friend of my dad's got the local monster. A huge 9 point. He was still butchering it when we got back from Tenn. I'd call him an asshole but he also gave me half a doe while we were gone :lol:

User avatar 29.ufgators68 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 am

I didn't get any notifications about replies to this post.:evil:

How big is a huge Fl 9 point?

30.Juggs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:34 am

Had to use the front end loader to get it out.

31.MoralityULack » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Had to use the front end loader to get it out.
I used to have a connection to go on Babcock Ranch. I see it is a preserve today, then it was a working ranch. The foreman gave one permit per weekend for 100,000 acres. I went once a year for 4-5 years. We would see 500+ deer per day.

One day I saw a HUGE deer bound across a fire guard. I didn't get a shot, but Im guessing 400+ pounds. He looked like an elk. A year or two later I saw a deer far in the distance that was outsized. Rumor had it that Wisconsin deer were released there decades before. Maybe they were a descendants. I don't know if you can hunt deer there now but if so, it is a good place to see something strangely big.

User avatar 32.evs' Boytoy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Again, yesterday.

User avatar 33.Irish Mike » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:49 am

Again, yesterday.
I kept my beer intake below 12 yesterday. THURSDAY!

User avatar 34.DocZaius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Anyone want to hunt a big hog?

35.Juggs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 pm

the fuck

36.evil gator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

f those

User avatar 37.RIP » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:38 pm

I'm gonna need to see a banana next to it for scale.

User avatar 38.evs' Boytoy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:51 pm

39.9508 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm

That’s a big pig.

40.MoralityULack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Anyone want to hunt a big hog?

:shock:

Way back in the day hogs were run like range cattle and dogs were used to round them up. The people I knew growing up that went hog "hunting" were old timers that actually went hog rounding up. The hogs were put in a pen, cut and fattened on corn. To them, shooting hogs was considered like shooting a cow.

One of my fathers friends preferred hogs to deer. So had had the "opportunity" to do this a few times. You roam the woods by jeep with 2-3 hounds out. The hounds find the hogs. You let out half a dozen catch dogs which catch him. The hog throws the dogs. The dogs catch him. Repeat to infinity. Then you go into 8ft high palmettos where you can see about 6-8 feet. Palmettos covered in dogs blood. No guns. The hog shakes the dogs and charges you and the dogs catch him a couple feet away. Repeat. Repeat.....Then you work your way behind the hog and try to cross his back legs to throw him. He throws the dogs and turns on you. Fortunately dogs are extra inspired as you get close. Repeat until you can cross his legs and throw him. Or more precisely keep him off balance till the dogs can knock him down. Tie him up load him in the jeep. Field stitch the dogs.

It is a very.... invigorating.... historical exercise/sport.

But that thing is double the hogs we caught.

41.Juggs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 pm

42.evil gator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:36 pm

you guys are doin huntin wrong

43.Juggs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:40 pm

"friends father preferred hogs to deer"

Yeah, him and 99.9% of Americans. What a unique, zany guy!

44.MoralityULack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm

Raising and training dogs, working with the dogs against the hog, catching hogs by hand, doing the whole 1840s thing as compared to shooting deer.

User avatar 45.DocZaius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:59 pm

I don't know much about hunting, but I always thought proper hog-hunting was done with a spear.

User avatar 46.RIP » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Raising and training dogs, working with the dogs against the hog, catching hogs by hand, doing the whole 1840s thing as compared to shooting deer.
This is how my Dad always did it. Running through the woods in the pitch black scared the fuck out of me as a kid. I'll never forget running through a giant banana spider web. It's the first time my Dad ever heard me cuss :lol:

47.evil gator » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm

This is how my Dad always did it. Running through the woods in the pitch black scared the fuck out of me as a kid. I'll never forget running through a giant banana spider web. It's the first time my Dad ever heard me cuss :lol:
god I hate those fucking things
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Offseasoned