non football tv

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

201.Fishon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:48 pm

Yeah, "drunk, stoned, brilliant, dead" is on Netflix

User avatar 202.Cus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:48 pm

oh I forgot that was on there, have you seen drunk stoned brilliant dead?
No, I assume on Netflix as well? I’ll check it out, I’m running out of things to watch.
I saw it on regular tv, not sure if it's streaming
The doc about Chicago (the band) on Netflix was pretty good.

203.evil gator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:55 pm

No, I assume on Netflix as well? I’ll check it out, I’m running out of things to watch.
Last Waltz you mean? It's considered to be one of the best of its type.

User avatar 204.Cus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:08 pm

Nooo, The Last Waltz is about The Band. Now More Than Ever is about Chicago Transit Authority

205.evil gator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:11 pm

Nooo, The Last Waltz is about The Band. Now More Than Ever is about Chicago Transit Authority
hahaha sorry I can't read

206.MoralityULack » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:13 pm

I went to see Chicago about 74? While doing the usual high school drinking and driving around town on a Friday night we noticed no one was around, and concluded everyone went to sold out Chicago in another town. So we went. Picked up used tickets from people leaving like treasures on a quest. Locked our keys in the car by accident. Got arrested breaking back in by Barney Fife. Went back stage right next to the band who had started to meet Barneys captain. Watched about 3 songs. The captain came, laughed, asked for our tickets and cut us loose in the crowd.

It was by far the most fucked up, drugged out, passed out in the aisles, projectile puking crowd I have ever seen. Dead, Allmans, Zeppelin, Stones crowds were never like this....people forget that, for whatever they became, Chicago Transit Authority rocked.
Last edited by MoralityULack on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 207.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Just finished "Godless" last night. That was a damn good season of television. 7 episodes at an hour and change a piece. Great characters for the most part. Interesting villain. Some nice redemption stories. Really enjoyed it.

208.evil gator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Just finished "Godless" last night. That was a damn good season of television. 7 episodes at an hour and change a piece. Great characters for the most part. Interesting villain. Some nice redemption stories. Really enjoyed it.
I loved it until the finale...I was hoping they would figure out some clever way to kill the bad guys and it just seemed a let down.

User avatar 209.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm

I loved it until the finale...I was hoping they would figure out some clever way to kill the bad guys and it just seemed a let down.
I get it. But I largely think most finales are either overthought or underthought. Very few show runners, even on brilliant shows, can nail the finale. The pressure is so high. I didn't hate it.
SpoilerShow
I did like the final few minutes of Roy going West to the coast hopefully to find his bro. Plus, and I know this is goony, the fucking cinematography in the show and especially those last scenes were gorgeous.

User avatar 210.Cus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 pm

people forget that, for whatever they became, Chicago Transit Authority rocked.
Yes, they were really good until Terry Kath died. They went downhill after that.

+1. Jeff Daniels made one of the most evil yet enigmatic bad guys ever.

User avatar 211.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:12 pm

Yes, they were really good until Terry Kath died. They went downhill after that.

Yep. You never know if he was going to murder you or sit you down and spin you a good ol' yarn...
SpoilerShow
And then maybe sexually assault your wife.

212.Fishon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Yep. You never know if he was going to murder you or sit you down and spin you a good ol' yarn...
SpoilerShow
this honestly drove me crazy. I realize that nuanced villains are all the rage these days, but his character seemed more multiple personality versus "complex." he was always vacillating between decent dude and ivan the terrible

User avatar 213.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:28 pm

SpoilerShow
this honestly drove me crazy. I realize that nuanced villains are all the rage these days, but his character seemed more multiple personality versus "complex." he was always vacillating between decent dude and ivan the terrible
And I think that was the point. To bring a lot of modern day movie tropes and complexities into the Wild West. You had lesbians, female empowerment, interracial love, fake news...it was a cornucopia of modern day drama! :lol:

214.evil gator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:43 pm

I think we already covered it, but why isn't Merrit Wever in more stuff, she's so great, she's as good as british actors like Olivia colman.

User avatar 215.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:51 pm

I think we already covered it, but why isn't Merrit Wever in more stuff, she's so great, she's as good as british actors like Olivia colman.
Yes. She was, for me, THE redeeming quality in "Nurse Jackie". I hated Jackie, which I think is typical. But Wever was great in that show.

216.evil gator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Yes. She was, for me, THE redeeming quality in "Nurse Jackie". I hated Jackie, which I think is typical. But Wever was great in that show.
exactly. Jackie was such a cunt.

217.evil gator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:54 pm

yeah that show made me so mad, she didn't deserve Zoe, she didn't deserve her relatively hot husband she f'd over, she didn't deserve her cool british doctor friend, or even the hot junkies she banged.

User avatar 218.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:57 pm

yeah that show made me so mad, she didn't deserve Zoe, she didn't deserve her relatively hot husband she f'd over, she didn't deserve her cool british doctor friend, or even the hot junkies she banged.
:lol: :lol: at your c-word.
SpoilerShow
I was rooting for her to die at the end of that show. No joke.

219.evil gator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:58 pm

SpoilerShow
agree, though I figure that f'd up her poor kids even more

User avatar 220.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:00 pm

SpoilerShow
agree, though I figure that f'd up her poor kids even more
yeah, but at that point they're probably like, "Finally!"

User avatar 221.Cus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:49 pm

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
I didn't get the whole carrying around the severed arm thing though

User avatar 222.99inNC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:52 pm

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Well, he was a fucking psychotic weirdo.

User avatar 223.angrigator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:39 pm

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
It always pointed him in the direction he needed to go.

User avatar 224.99inNC » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Last night my wife watched about 2 hours, 15 minutes of her programming. I slept through all of it. :lol:

User avatar 225.evs' Boytoy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:50 am

First episode of Black Mirror is.......

Damn. Dafuq?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else