non football tv

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:59 pm

anyone watching ken burns Vietnam? I loved the civil war but everything since including the WW2 one was too effing long.

the last season of House of Cards was so dumb, if you're going to kill a guy why F him and leave your dna all over him? still I watch though

User avatar 2.RIP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Walking Dead season 3 turned out better than expected. I stopped watching it live after the dumb tiger episode originally and picked back up once it hit Netflix.

3.evs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Walking Dead season 3 turned out better than expected. I stopped watching it live after the dumb tiger episode originally and picked back up once it hit Netflix.
I stopped watching when they were in the prison and that weird guy had his daughter chained up; I hear it got lots better but got sick of the watermelon crushing sound of the zombie heads

User avatar 4.RIP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:06 pm

I stopped watching when they were in the prison and that weird guy had his daughter chained up; I hear it got lots better but got sick of the watermelon crushing sound of the zombie heads
It does get a lot better. The zombies are slowly deteriorating so it makes it difficult to eat while watching. :puke:

User avatar 5.RIP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm

The newest season of Better Call Saul was really really good. The Gus throwback scenes were fantastic. It felt exactly like watching BB.

6.evs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 pm

The newest season of Better Call Saul was really really good. The Gus throwback scenes were fantastic. It felt exactly like watching BB.
yeah I know there are mixed opinions but I love that show particularly Chuck. I think the adult siblings relationship is one of the truest I've ever seen.

User avatar 7.RIP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:13 pm

yeah I know there are mixed opinions but I love that show particularly Chuck. I think the adult siblings relationship is one of the truest I've ever seen.
Poor Chuck. Destroying Jimmy really fucked him up.

User avatar 8.RIP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Finally started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm a while back. What a funny damned show.

9.Juggs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Finally started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm a while back. What a funny damned show.
I really want to try this, but I've found i have no motivation for comedy these days.

User avatar 10.RIP » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 pm

I really want to try this, but I've found i have no motivation for comedy these days.
you'll fucking hate Larry's wife.

11.rampart » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Don't worry it will get worse

12.rampart » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Season 2 of Top of The Lake is really good

User avatar 13.RIP » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 am

Shit I meant Season 7. :icon_weed: I'm all caught up.

14.rampart » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:31 am

Shit I meant Season 7. :icon_weed: I'm all caught up.
Gotcha, thought you meant that you watched some of season 7 first and then went back to watch the beginning.

15.Supes44444 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:19 am

I binge watched the Defenders. Then I binge watched Riverdale. Now I am about to find something else to binge watch.

16.gatorbreeze » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:04 pm

We finished 2 british detective series on Netflix. 'Shetland' and 'Hinterland'. Both moody and dark with good plots, character development and spectacular scenery. CC recommended due to thick accents.

17.Supes44444 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Movie on Netflix starring Adam Scott and Evangeline Lilly... Little Evil. Not too shabby. 3.3 out of 5 crying suspender wearing vol fans.

18.evs » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm

what is this on? The first one was the criminal was her dad and he made her little Asian sister pregnant right?

19.rampart » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:18 pm

what is this on? The first one was the criminal was her dad and he made her little Asian sister pregnant right?
It's on Netflix. That's the one but I think you've got Some of the plot mixed up. I'm thinking about re watching season 1. S2 is in Australia instead of New Zealand. Co-starring brianne of tarry and Nicole Kidman.

User avatar 20.RIP » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Holy shit got to the "Mister Softee" episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's been a long time since I've laughed that hard when not drunk. 5/5 fuckmobiles

21.Juggs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:03 pm

The Punisher, Godless, and a new season of Frontier is out. Frontier was too short, again.

I'm having trouble getting a source on episode 2 of Vikings even though 3 popped up :angryjuggs:

User avatar 22.RIP » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:45 pm

We are also watching Penny Dreadful. Tons of gore and boobs. 4/5 gaggenheim museums

23.9508 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Watched the first two episodes of the Santa Clarita Diet. It was funny enough. No clue how well it holds up though.

User avatar 24.RIP » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Watched the first two episodes of the Santa Clarita Diet. It was funny enough. No clue how well it holds up though.
Same. Put it on for background noise and ended up watching a couple of episodes. I need to go back and finish it.

Anyone watch The Good Place? It's surprisingly funny for network TV.

25.Fishon » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:54 pm

The Punisher, Godless, and a new season of Frontier is out. Frontier was too short, again.

I'm having trouble getting a source on episode 2 of Vikings even though 3 popped up :angryjuggs:
First week of Vikings was 2 hours, so I think that's technically episode 1 and 2, even though it was really part 1 and 2 of a single episode. All that shit aside, you won't find an episode 2

speaking of Vikings, I think I am in full "ride it out" mode right now. Some of the dialogue Hirst writes is Lucas-esque in its cringe worthiness. The battles are mostly still good. Hopefully Bjorn gets more time and Kattegat gets less as we move on.

On Netflix, "Mindhunters" was a really interesting series. A fictionalized account of the creation of serial killer profiling at the FBI.
Sort by

« The Gatorboard : Offseasoned