non football viewing consumption medias

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1001.evil gator » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:29 pm

The 1st episode of Jack Ryan was good. I have a hard time not seeing Jim Halpert though.
I couldn't get past the opening because the capitol is not on the way from Georgetown to CIA
And national cathedral is not on the way from the WH to the state dept., but that didn't spoil West Wing for me.
I never got into that show

1002.Juggs » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:51 pm

I couldn't get past the opening because the capitol is not on the way from Georgetown to CIA
And national cathedral is not on the way from the WH to the state dept., but that didn't spoil West Wing for me.
I never got into that show
shitty

1003.evil gator » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:55 pm

political shows tend to get preachy and I hate that, that's why I liked the early house of cards before we had confirmation Spacey is such a creep

1004.Juggs » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:10 pm

political shows tend to get preachy and I hate that, that's why I liked the early house of cards before we had confirmation Spacey is such a creep
Preachy and the fact that with hollywood heavily left leaning, it's basically like watching MSNBC.

1005.evil gator » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Preachy and the fact that with hollywood heavily left leaning, it's basically like watching MSNBC.
yes like Rachel maddow with less plot

1006.52:20 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 am

2nd season of The Punisher coming 1/18

1007.Juggs » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 am

2nd season of The Punisher coming 1/18
Excellent. I'll binge that one.

User avatar 1008.ufgators68 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:10 am

About damn time.

User avatar 1009.RIP » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:38 am

Finished Jack Ryan. Pretty damned good.

User avatar 1010.Panamag8or » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:49 am

Valley of the Boom is okay, if the early days of the internet interest you.

1011.Fishon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:50 am

Evs, I think you'll really like the Oasis doc on netflix

1012.JookJoint » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:39 pm

I have been laughing my ass off at that show Letterkenny

User avatar 1013.ufgators68 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:48 pm

I have been laughing my ass off at that show Letterkenny
Ditto. Binged the last 3 seasons over a rainy weekend.

User avatar 1014.DocZaius » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Season 3 of True Detective is supposed to be pretty good. I only got 15 minutes into it this morning before I had to take the kids to school, but it looks solid.

1015.Tommy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:18 pm

I kinda like Poldark, little too dramatic / mushy, but like the scenery and the history of that period.

User avatar 1016.Cus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Season 3 of True Detective is supposed to be pretty good. I only got 15 minutes into it this morning before I had to take the kids to school, but it looks solid.
Gotta renew the HBO streaming subscription soon for that and GOT. Plus it's almost time for the annual rewatching of Band Of Brothers/The Pacific.

1017.evil gator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:29 pm

do you really think I haven't already seen it? :-)

The passage is pretty good. I loved the books and was worried the show wouldn't be good, but the cast works, esp. the little girl actor.

User avatar 1018.DocZaius » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:37 pm

I've watched 1 1/2 episodes and it's already way better than Season 2. You can tell they borrowed elements from well-known true crimes and are also using the same devices that made Season 1 so good. Mohammed Ali or whatever his name is does a damn fine job with his character and the supporting cast is also good.

No poon on the level of Alexandra Daddario, though.

1019.Fishon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:16 pm

I figured you would've commented on it. If nothing else the Gallagher brothers are funny as hell. I've always found Noel the more personable of the two, but Liam had the funnier lines on that one

1020.evil gator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:19 pm

I figured you would've commented on it. If nothing else the Gallagher brothers are funny as hell. I've always found Noel the more personable of the two, but Liam had the funnier lines on that one
yeah they are a gift-I even listen to their commentary tracks on their movies like Lord Don't Slow Me Down and their video compelation. Pure hilarity.

I think their funnier lines are in Live Forever where Noel is still a complete dick about Blur and they all mock Noel for going to see Tony Blair.

1021.Fishon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:35 pm

yeah they are a gift-I even listen to their commentary tracks on their movies like Lord Don't Slow Me Down and their video compelation. Pure hilarity.

I think their funnier lines are in Live Forever where Noel is still a complete dick about Blur and they all mock Noel for going to see Tony Blair.
his line about the bass player that quit after a couple of weeks for girlfriend had me rolling. "His bird better be fit as fuck"

1022.rynogator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:59 pm

I've watched 1 1/2 episodes and it's already way better than Season 2. You can tell they borrowed elements from well-known true crimes and are also using the same devices that made Season 1 so good. Mohammed Ali or whatever his name is does a damn fine job with his character and the supporting cast is also good.

No poon on the level of Alexandra Daddario, though.
Only seen the 1st episode but confident it will not be the disaster that season 2 was. Format and concept seem very similar to the first season, which I thought was great.

1023.evil gator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

his line about the bass player that quit after a couple of weeks for girlfriend had me rolling. "His bird better be fit as fuck"
there are some youtube compilations that are solid. They were giving him a gift on some aussie talk show and he was probably drunk and said "is this the head of James blunt?"

1024.Juggs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:46 pm

Watching a Forged in Fire episode from fall with a kid from Alachua in it :shock:

User avatar 1025.Panamag8or » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:33 am

The Kaminsky Method on netflix is pretty good. Might be too smart for some of you, though.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else