non football tv

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

826.Juggs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Did anyone watch all of Black Sails? Worth it?
Most people would say no, the last season was kind of a clusterfuck, iirc. But I still enjoyed it.
I hated black sails at first, then finally watched all of it and saw what they were doing and really enjoyed it. its one of those big action shows that feels more like a movie.
Yes. Although Ioathe the way they killed Blackbeard.

827.evil gator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 pm

ahahaha that was super gruesome.

I wasn't all that familiar with Treasure Island though, so once I went back and read it the prequel thing makes sense.

828.shutout » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 pm

I tried to watch lost in space just for 4k and molly whatserface. Fucking contrived nonsense. Lasted about 15 minutes into 1 episode.

Watching Disenchanted instead. Decent, but not as funny as I'd think R-rated Groening should be. A little too much empathy for the secondary characters and the protag is a complete asshole. Not at all what I expected.

User avatar 829.RIP » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 pm

I tried to watch lost in space just for 4k and molly whatserface. Fucking contrived nonsense. Lasted about 15 minutes into 1 episode.

Watching Disenchanted instead. Decent, but not as funny as I'd think R-rated Groening should be. A little too much empathy for the secondary characters and the protag is a complete asshole. Not at all what I expected.
yeah lost in space was some hokey bullshit.

User avatar 830.DocZaius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 pm

The Christmas Chronicles (netflix movie with Kurt Russell). Pretty good from the part we watched this morning.
Not bad. Watched the whole thing with the kids last night.

User avatar 831.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm

"Narcos: Mexico; Episode 7: Jefe de Jefes"

Holy shit that was an intense and great episode.

832.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:34 pm

EG TW: BBC

Tried and rejected "Sick note." F'n stupid.

Watching "The Rain," which is formulaic but still pretty fn cool and "The End of the Fucking World" which is some classic dark-as-fuck BBC shit. Really good in small doses.
SpoilerShow
I really hope he actually kills her.

833.evil gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:45 pm

I hadn't head of Sick Note - if you still want to try a british cancer comedy Ill Behavior is pretty funny; people kidnap their naturopath friend to force him in to chemotherapy.

I still need to watch fucking world for the Coxon soundtrack.

I like dystopian shows a lot since Trump was elected but subtitles have annoyed me lately, I just don't like having to WORK for my entertainment. Take away my goon card!

834.evil gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:48 pm

I do appreciate Netflix reviews since I just got back on it and have watched most of what I got it for and am waiting now for the next peaky blinders season.

and there is so much horrible crap on there.

835.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:58 pm

fucking world soundtrack has a lot of good tunes but they're in very short spurts and mixed very low. more like "haha funny choice" vs "that adds meaning to the scene."

I looked at my budgeting and i've been spending four grand a month at bars and restaurants sooooooo we decided to eat in and netflix a li'l more.

836.evil gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:03 pm

jeez dude, though I guess with you why save it for retirement eh?

837.Tommy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Finished Damnation, decent. Started Outlander, might be too mushy for me, hoping there was more action, and not f’n action, there's no shortage of that (sorry egs, naked women, no weenies). Thought about the Troy series on Netfix, but didnt...yet.

838.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:08 pm

jeez dude, though I guess with you why save it for retirement eh?
i got no plans on being the first guy in 4 generations to make it to 63.

User avatar 839.DocZaius » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Finished Damnation, decent. Started Outlander, might be too mushy for me, hoping there was more action, and not f’n action, there's no shortage of that (sorry egs, naked women, no weenies). Thought about the Troy series on Netfix, but didnt...yet.
My wife watches Outlander, she read all the books and I've seen a few episodes. Definitely more of a women's show, despite the occasional female nudity. Not entirely boring, there's some action, but mostly it's a romance novel.

840.Tommy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Reckon im stuck w Frontier, home alone for a few hrs, and got a fn cold, so wont do anything productive

841.evil gator » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:36 pm

I couldn't get past the shitty production values of frontier (yes my husband mocked this statement too, but STARZ has spoilt me), and Troy just seemed to be missing something, like a lot of the glut of Netflix shows, just wasn't interesting to me.

842.evil gator » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:38 pm

at work lunch the other day some people were talking about Outlander and the Outlaw King and Dale who has hardly ever watched TV started talking about that movie Somewhere in Time to a twentysomething and I had to leave the room

User avatar 843.panamag8or » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:14 pm

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is kind of funny. Lots of 50's eye candy.

User avatar 844.RIP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Medal of Honor on Netflix is really good.

845.Fishon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:01 pm

agreed. I really enjoyed it

User avatar 846.ufgators68 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:10 pm

There is so much shit on there that is like "oh, that looks good" and turns into "wtf was I thinking". :lol:

I hate that site.

847.shutout » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:16 pm

The Rain was really good, looking forward to season 2. Disenchanted was also pretty good, worth watching all of the episodes.

Trailer Park Boys in America.. pretty f'n meh.

User avatar 848.RIP » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:27 pm

agreed. I really enjoyed it
the 1st story about Sylvester Antolak was incredible. Dude was a certified badass. :salute:

849.Tommy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm

I couldn't get past the shitty production values of frontier (yes my husband mocked this statement too, but STARZ has spoilt me), and Troy just seemed to be missing something, like a lot of the glut of Netflix shows, just wasn't interesting to me.
Frontier is meh, fell asleep early (fn cold). Not sure Vikings is worth the 6000000 commercials. Maybe a tv weekend, Ashvl is freaking out re snowstorm, suppsoed to get 6-3000”, and Jim Cantore is alleged to be in town.

850.evil gator » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Frontier is meh, fell asleep early (fn cold). Not sure Vikings is worth the 6000000 commercials. Maybe a tv weekend, Ashvl is freaking out re snowstorm, suppsoed to get 6-3000”, and Jim Cantore is alleged to be in town.
prayers - run to the store and by all the milk, paper towels, bottled water and toilet paper asap
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else