non football tv

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 701.Cus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 am

Tried the new series on Netflix "Maniacs" today. Made it through 2.5 episodes before calling it quits. Just too weird, strangely retro, disjointed, and utterly uncompelling. A skinny Jonah Hill is good as a schizo but Emma Stone is wooden and her character is needlessly obnoxious.

1 out of 6 Vol turnovers.

User avatar 702.RIP » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:15 am

Man that sucks. It looked good.

703.Tommy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:32 am

Tried Van Helsing on netflix, terrible. Watched one episode of Iron Fist on netflix, was tired as f, not sure if its worth continuing

User avatar 704.Cus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 am

Keep in mind that many others liked Stranger Things and I despised it.

There were too many things in Maniacs that were weird just to be weird, they had no connection to the story.

705.rampart » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:04 pm

Keep in mind that many others liked Stranger Things and I despised it.

There were too many things in Maniacs that were weird just to be weird, they had no connection to the story.
Agreed on stranger things. Well, i thought the first season had promise, second season was only ok

706.Juggs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Also agree....I didn't mind season 1, but would be fine if I never watched it. I made it once episode into S2 and quit.

707.Juggs » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:02 pm

The Last Ship - Has anyone watched?

Dammit that wasn't even the show I came to ask about and now I can't remember :suicide:

708.rampart » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:33 pm

2 episodes in to second season of ozark. Great so far

User avatar 709.Cus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Watched "Hold The Dark" Jeffery Wright, Alex Skaarsgard, James Badge Dale yesterday. Unbelievably bad.

710.Juggs » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:25 pm

2 episodes in to second season of ozark. Great so far
I was disappointed with the entire season. Yawn. S1 was far better to me. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

711.Juggs » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:25 pm

King Lear, for having some famous faces, is terrrrrible

712.evil gator » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:46 pm

is this because shakepeare?

713.Juggs » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 pm

is this because shakepeare?
Not at all. There were times when the language seemed off...or the words just didn't match the tone and pace of the scene. Something just seemed "off" at times. Hopkins was probably the bright spot. Brutus/Edmure/Randall continues to baffle me on how he is still getting acting jobs with that stupid look he always has on his face :lol: Once they started digging out eye balls, I didn't pay as much attention to it. It just kinda went off the rails :beatsme:

714.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Lethal Weapon S3 is on, watched the first episode.
SpoilerShow
I'm pissed that they actually killed off Riggs. He was the best part of the damn show. THat said, I've always been a fan of Seann William Scott, so I'll keep watching.

User avatar 715.Irish Mike » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:32 pm

Lethal Weapon S3 is on, watched the first episode.
SpoilerShow
I'm pissed that they actually killed off Riggs. He was the best part of the damn show. THat said, I've always been a fan of Seann William Scott, so I'll keep watching.
They killed off Riggs?! :lol:

Wtf

716.PG. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:02 pm

lol

User avatar 717.panamag8or » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Mike should have put a broken spoiler tag around that. That would have been lol.

User avatar 718.Irish Mike » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:22 pm

Mike should have put a broken spoiler tag around that. That would have been lol.
:oops:

I meant to spoiler that...

719.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:25 pm

:lol: :lol:

But yeah....he got shot in the S2 finale. Sure as shit didn't expect them to kick off S3 with annoucning him dead in the first 2 minutes.

User avatar 720.DocZaius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:26 pm

But yeah....he got shot in the S2 finale. Sure as shit didn't expect them to kick off S3 with annoucning him dead in the first 2 minutes.
He's faking it, just like Lethal Weapon 1.

721.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:28 pm

He's faking it, just like Lethal Weapon 1.
My theory in the beginning was that he was so he could protect Murtaugh and family. But they wrapped that up with there being no conspiracy or secret murder. They had to to solidify his partnership with Scott. But now I am curious if the show did it or the actor was done with it.

722.Juggs » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Welp...
Before his firing, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Crawford admitted he had been twice reprimanded for his on-set behaviour, including an outburst over what he considered unsafe working conditions. He apologized for those incidents, but there were other problems — including, as Crawford said in a post-firing podcast, repeated conflicts with Wayans, whom Crawford called “a waste of space.”

The situation became so bad the Hollywood Reporter said “many connected with the series have said they would rather not work with” Crawford. To keep the show going, the studio dropped Crawford and brought in Scott — and on this show, it doesn’t really matter who’s jumping just ahead of yet another explosion.

723.rampart » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm enjoying it. It is weird, but I like this sort of thing

724.Juggs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Marvel's Daredevil: Season 3 (2016 - )

Daredevil, the blind superhero with crazy good senses, returns to fight a familiar villain.

Available October 19
Ummmm, how?

User avatar 725.Irish Mike » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 pm

How what?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else