non football tv

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

401.rampart » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Oh, they made a series out of that? I read the book a long time ago.
I haven't read the book but one review I read was critical of the fact the show focused more on the CIA and FBI perspective than the terrorist perspective. Not sure how a show that is 80% through the eyes of terrorists would go over? They were in the show plenty enough, seemed more like nit picking

402.evil gator » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:29 pm

yeah generally easier to talk to retired CIA and FBI than terrorists without dying

403.evil gator » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:19 pm

watched the first ep of Killing Eve, it's great.

User avatar 404.DocZaius » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 pm

I haven't read the book but one review I read was critical of the fact the show focused more on the CIA and FBI perspective than the terrorist perspective. Not sure how a show that is 80% through the eyes of terrorists would go over? They were in the show plenty enough, seemed more like nit picking
Yeah, that's more than a little nit-picky. Especially for a book that's supposed to be about what we knew before 9/11. Maybe the terrorists might have a different perspective, but who cares?

405.evil gator » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Yeah, that's more than a little nit-picky. Especially for a book that's supposed to be about what we knew before 9/11. Maybe the terrorists might have a different perspective, but who cares?
yeah f those dicks

User avatar 406.99inNC » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Finally found an episode of "Black Mirror" I didn't like. And "The Waldo Moment" was that episode. :-|
In Season 3 now. Is it just me or does anyone else have anxiety while/after watching this show?

User avatar 407.Cus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Started season 3 of Bosch (season 4 has already dropped so I'm a little behind). What a great show.

User avatar 408.Irish Mike » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Started season 3 of Bosch (season 4 has already dropped so I'm a little behind). What a great show.
Season 4 was good. Ran through it in 2 or 3 days.

User avatar 409.Cus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Titus Welliver is great, liked him since Adams in Deadwood. Also like Marlo from The Wire being a cop. They all do pretty good in that show except the daughter. She's just kind of there.

User avatar 410.Irish Mike » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Titus Welliver is great, liked him since Adams in Deadwood. Also like Marlo from The Wire being a cop. They all do pretty good in that show except the daughter. She's just kind of there.
She played Carol's daughter in Walking Dead.

She isn't given a whole lot to do in this show, but she is okay.

User avatar 411.RIP » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Season 5 of Silicon Valley is fucking great. I don't miss TJ Miller at all.

User avatar 412.panamag8or » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Yeah, but think how much better it would have been with him.

User avatar 413.RIP » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Yeah, but think how much better it would have been with him.
meh. i'd take jian yang over him. i'm sad he went to china to make new new internet

414.HG 2.0 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Is there anything that’s simply "entertaining" and not so intense?

We are finishing up Last Kingdom and looking for something else.....

User avatar 415.RIP » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Is there anything that’s simply "entertaining" and not so intense?

We are finishing up Last Kingdom and looking for something else.....
Silicon Valley.

User avatar 416.Irish Mike » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:24 pm

I hate that guy for no reason at all.

User avatar 417.DocZaius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:30 am

Ash vs Evil Dead is done.

https://tv.avclub.com/say-goodbye-to-as ... 1825581782
Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Starz, 9 p.m.) It was just announced that this episode is not just Ash Vs. Evil Dead’s season-three finale, but the finale of the series overall. Bruce Campbell seems pretty chill about it, at least, saying, “Ash Vs. Evil Dead has been the ride of a lifetime. Ash Williams was the role of a lifetime. It was an honor to reunite with Evil Dead partners Rob Tapert and Sam Raimi to give our tireless fans another taste of the outrageous horror/comedy they demanded.” To pay your proper respects, why not grab your boomstick and/or chainsaw and see how this all plays out tonight?

User avatar 418.ufgators68 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:48 am

:goodbye:

I loved that show.

User avatar 419.panamag8or » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:27 am

Mrs. Pan has decided to join the rest of us and binge watch "Lost". I told her she would just end up pissed off, but still, she's doing it.

420.rampart » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Mrs. Pan has decided to join the rest of us and binge watch "Lost". I told her she would just end up pissed off, but still, she's doing it.
I didn't hate the ending as much as a lot of people did. I also binge watched after the series was over so didn't really feel as invested in it as those who watched from the beginning. Maybe she won't mind so much

User avatar 421.Cus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:11 pm

I didn't hate the ending because I'd already figured out they weren't going to answer any questions.

User avatar 422.panamag8or » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:03 pm

She's just into season2, and thinks it's Jack's dream. I told her she was on the right track, but not quite.

User avatar 423.DocZaius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Tell he to skip seasons 3 and 6 and to make up her own ending.

424.Juggs » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:26 pm

Tell he to skip seasons 3 and 6 and to make up her own ending.
What was wrong with 3? Honestly I can't remember which seasons were which :lol:

6 was definitely the worst of it.

425.Juggs » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Ok I looked up season 3. No reason to skip that one.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else