non football viewing consumption medias

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1876.Panamag8or » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:29 am

Gonna have to find a new streaming service.
After more than four years of innovating in the Pay TV industry, we regret to inform you that Sony Interactive Entertainment is discontinuing the PlayStation Vue service on January 30, 2020. We appreciate your support of our pioneering live TV service over this time.

User avatar 1877.evs' Boytoy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:30 am

Youtube TV. Works better.

1878.evil gator » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:44 pm

this looks awesome, I can't wait, the books are terrific and this looks like another binge and rewatch series from STARZ

1879.JookJoint » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 pm

The Devil Next Door is f'ing great.

User avatar 1880.DocZaius » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Welp, I saved $14 and pre-paid for a year of Disney+, which ought to keep the kids happy for a while.

Hope the Mandalorian is good.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/11/11/20 ... isney-plus
Justin Charity: Though I know The Mandalorian isn’t about Boba Fett, I’m curious to see how Disney, following George Lucas in Attack of the Clones, will continue to over-embellish and thus ruin Boba Fett’s mythology with this series.
Baumann: You know what fucking owns? That 10 years ago we had a large subscription service in which All of Television came together to offer every channel at an affordable rate. Then people were like “Wait, I don’t want to pay for things I don’t use” and decided it’d be better to pay for each discrete channel, even though they ended up forking over more money to get less stuff in the long run. That absolutely kicks ass, in my opinion. Very well done by American capitalism.
: Because it’s about a bounty hunter, it should be a story about a character who does heinous things to survive a dangerous, unstable world. Because it’s from Disney, we’re probably going to get a story about a character who gets in trouble because he begins to have second thoughts about doing heinous things.

1881.gatorbreeze » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:14 pm

We're halfway thru season 2 of Jack Ryan, good story arc, enjoying it!
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

User avatar 1882.DocZaius » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 pm

I know it's a "re-imagining" and all that, but Jack Ryan's character is way off from the books and movies. It's a fine standalone action series, but it's not "Jack Ryan" to me any more.

1883.52:20 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Can’t make it through the first episode of the new season of peaky blinders. I downloaded it and will try again on my trip this week, but it’s so damned dramatic. Decent/Good music but way overdone. They slow motion walk, vogue, intense dramatic music constantly.

1884.Fishon » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:48 pm

Can’t make it through the first episode of the new season of peaky blinders. I downloaded it and will try again on my trip this week, but it’s so damned dramatic. Decent/Good music but way overdone. They slow motion walk, vogue, intense dramatic music constantly.
same. I watched like 7 minutes, gave up and have not returned to it.

1885.gatorbreeze » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:20 am

I know it's a "re-imagining" and all that, but Jack Ryan's character is way off from the books and movies. It's a fine standalone action series, but it's not "Jack Ryan" to me any more.
Well stated. We're viewing it as an action/spy deal rather than anything from the books. What's your take on the most accurate/true movie adapted from any of the Ryan books?
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

User avatar 1886.DocZaius » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:26 am

Well stated. We're viewing it as an action/spy deal rather than anything from the books. What's your take on the most accurate/true movie adapted from any of the Ryan books?
I don't know, it's been so long since I've seen the movies. Definitely not Sum of All Fears though. That was hot garbage. I always hoped they'd make Without Remorse.

User avatar 1887.Irish Mike » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:40 am

I don't know, it's been so long since I've seen the movies. Definitely not Sum of All Fears though. That was hot garbage. I always hoped they'd make Without Remorse.
They are making Without Remorse and you're going to hate it. Michael B Jordan as Clark.

https://filmgoblin.com/news/jamie-bell- ... t-remorse/

1888.Tommy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:57 pm

Jack Ryan 2 was good, and definitely different than the books Jack Ryan. I cant seem to get thru the last (not brand new) season of peaky blinders, its lost me. Watchmen and His Dark Materials is weird, but good (haven’t read books), looking forward to the man in the high castle, and Ray Donovan. Enjoying last season of Poldark

1889.gatorbreeze » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:20 pm

They are making Without Remorse and you're going to hate it. Michael B Jordan as Clark.

Cool, Mr. Clark is one of my favorite Clancy characters.

1890.Juggs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:44 pm

So apparently Palpatine somehow returns in the Rise of Skywalker.

I hope they don't fuck that up

1891.rampart » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Agreed. The second season started out fine but went to shit in the last few episodes. Didn’t Michael bay have a hand in this? Would explain why Jack Ryan is an action hero

User avatar 1892.DocZaius » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:57 pm

I don't know, it could still be good. I'd prefer a period piece (like the novel), but of course Hollywood is going to update it.

One weird part of the article:
If I remember correctly the novel deals with freeing American POWs from a Vietnamese prison camp that is run by, or controlled by, the Soviets.
Huh? That wasn't anything close to the plot of Without Remorse.

1893.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:37 pm

same. I watched like 7 minutes, gave up and have not returned to it.
it took me a few tries to get into it, but its really worth it IMO

1894.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Agreed. The second season started out fine but went to shit in the last few episodes. Didn’t Michael bay have a hand in this? Would explain why Jack Ryan is an action hero
I couldn't get past the fact that if you are biking from Georgetown to CIA, you don't go past the US capitol

User avatar 1895.Irish Mike » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:51 pm

I couldn't get past the fact that if you are biking from Georgetown to CIA, you don't go past the US capitol
Dealbreaker

1896.rampart » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Dealbreaker
Worse than scuba Jaime Lannister

1897.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 pm

bitchy article which makes people hate DC more if that's even possible
https://dcist.com/story/18/09/04/jack-r ... -makes-ab/

1898.gatorbreeze » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:22 pm

It certainly is in flyover land.

1899.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:04 pm

yes, I enjoy getting out of town to flyover land as much as possible to talk to people who do stuff.

1900.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:05 pm

oh anyone else watch Dublin Murders? I thought it was really good n' creepy.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else