non football viewing consumption medias - Episode 1

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1726.evil gator » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:10 pm

I got hulu to watch the veronica mars reboot. Anything else I can't miss?

1727.9508 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Letterkenny

1728.JookJoint » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:15 pm

Letterkenny
still the best show on tv

User avatar 1729.Irish Mike » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 am

It.

Watched part 1 this afternoon then took the family tonight to see part 2.

It was OK. Not that great. Some oft hefe effects were creepy. Some just looked goofy.

Fucking had 8 endings like return of the king.

User avatar 1730.Cus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:56 am

Finished season 2 of Mindhunter. Still good but still kind of cold and methodical.

Less Ford and more Tench seemed good.

No yabbos in the lesbian scene. -2 points.
Finished season 2 myself yesterday. Very good, the thing with Wayne Williams was excellent if a little too drawn out. Didn't get the arc with Gwen and the other les but then again I fast forwarded through most of that. Glad they got rid of Holden's girlfriend, never liked her. Would've like more with Charlie. Agree more Tench was better but his wife was pissing me off. Good season, hopefully won't take as long to get to season 3 as it did to season 2..

1731.Juggs » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:44 am

I knew once Rooster was gone, The Ranch would suck. Bit they made this new season depressing as shit.

User avatar 1732.Panamag8or » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:06 am

I knew once Rooster was gone, The Ranch would suck. Bit they made this new season depressing as shit.
The wife is watching that.

1733.Tommy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:25 am

Forcing my way thru american gods, quite weird. Have enjoyed Ballers, Succession is ok, Queen of the South, meh

1734.9508 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:35 am

1735.Juggs » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 am

Forcing my way thru american gods, quite weird. Have enjoyed Ballers, Succession is ok, Queen of the South, meh
I wouldn't have made it past 1 or 2 episodes if not for McShane

1736.9508 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:44 am

The book was sort of a meandering plodding story that never really had much of a point. Thought it sort of an odd choice for a show.

1737.rampart » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:02 pm

It.

Watched part 1 this afternoon then took the family tonight to see part 2.

It was OK. Not that great. Some oft hefe effects were creepy. Some just looked goofy.

Fucking had 8 endings like return of the king.
Heard it was pure shIT :rimshot:

1738.rampart » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Agree about succession. It’s really well made and really well acted (the Kendall character is a great example). I keep going back and forth about whether I actually enjoy the show or just appreciate how well it’s made. But At the end of the day it’s a show about a bunch of silver spoon a holes that have no redeeming qualities.

1739.Tommy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:13 pm

The book was sort of a meandering plodding story that never really had much of a point. Thought it sort of an odd choice for a show.
I tried the book, just couldn’t get into it, guess different strokes...

1740.9508 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:14 pm

I tried the book, just couldn’t get into it, guess different strokes...
It was a really tough read... and wasn’t worth the effort

1741.Tommy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Agree about succession. It’s really well made and really well acted (the Kendall character is a great example). I keep going back and forth about whether I actually enjoy the show or just appreciate how well it’s made. But At the end of the day it’s a show about a bunch of silver spoon a holes that have no redeeming qualities.
Agree, but the characters are interesting, even if I do want to throat punch most of them at some point.

1742.gatorbreeze » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Agree, but the characters are interesting, even if I do want to throat punch most of them at some point.
I had a hard time getting into, really liked the crazy Irish dude.

Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

1743.evil gator » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 pm

yeah I like succession. its just well done - by this point watching shows about total assholes should be routine. I think Mad Men did that for me, and then Breaking Bad completely.

the show also features some magnificent but not super well known actors doing great things, namely Brian Cox and J Cameron Smith

User avatar 1744.Cus » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Haven't gotten around to any of Mayans season 2 (3 eps so far), anyone watched it yet?

1745.rampart » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:24 pm

yeah I like succession. its just well done - by this point watching shows about total assholes should be routine. I think Mad Men did that for me, and then Breaking Bad completely.

the show also features some magnificent but not super well known actors doing great things, namely Brian Cox and J Cameron Smith
Brian Cox is great in everything. People know him whether they know his name or not. I feel like many of the characters in mad men were sympathetic despite their faults. Breaking bad, Jessie and Hank especially had good qualities.

I think Kendall is the only one right now that I feel sympathy for at this point. He is the most human of all of them.

1746.Tommy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:26 pm

I kinda like the Leems type character, the tall awkward cousin

1747.evil gator » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:44 pm

yeah he's hilarious

1748.rampart » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:15 pm

yeah he's hilarious
I kinda feel like he’s the dark horse that’s going to end up running it all

1749.Juggs » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:20 pm

Brian Cox is great in everything.
Agree.