non football viewing consumption medias

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1451.52:20 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:44 pm

I started that but had to pause after the first episode. Constantly having to watch people die of radiation poisoning was rough. It looked like it was going to be good though. Maybe I'll try again.
Square.
Started The Amerikans at the same time and have become totally enamored with Annet Mahendru.
Yes, super hot

User avatar 1452.RIP » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:23 pm

Black Mirror started out pretty dumb. They are really obsessed with gay stuff.

1453.52:20 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Yes, the mily Cyrus episode is good though.

1454.Juggs » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:25 pm

Black Mirror started out pretty dumb. They are really obsessed with gay stuff.
I've tried a couple times, just couldn't get into it.

1455.Juggs » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:27 pm

I'm not all that captivated by Chernobyl after 3 episodes. It's well done, just slow....and it's not like we don't know the outcome.

1456.Fishon » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 am

I was 6 when it happened, so all I've known is that there was a meltdown at the chernobyl power plant. I had no idea of the human-level impact. As far as the show, I think I was really captivated by the initial responses of the workers, the townspeople, and the communist leaders. I had no idea what kind of specific damage radiation did to those people, so all of that was really horrifying. The fact that there was a gigantic chance of the entirety of western europe becoming uninhabitable was scary and fascinating. It was pretty damn close to happening.

You only have 2 more episodes to go and you get to see a big explosion in one of them, so stick it out.

1457.Juggs » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:54 am

I'll still finish it, it's just not something I can watch more than 1 episode at a time or It'll lose my attention.

1458.Tommy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:58 am

Finished Westworld, kinda hard to keep up with, but ok. Trying man in high castle again, not much else available that seems interesting to me, too much time in hotel rooms traveling = too much streaming watching.

User avatar 1459.DocZaius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 am

1460.evil gator » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:23 pm

yes I just read that! Could tell just from the fucking ads.

User avatar 1461.Cus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm

yes I just read that! Could tell just from the fucking ads.
“Two weeks after I finished the series, I couldn’t stop thinking about it,” wrote a Vanity Fair reporter. “What stayed with me most were the bodies of the radiation-poisoned first responders, so ravaged by their exposure that they are putrefying slowly, horribly, while clinging to life.
Yep, I'm done after only one episode.

1462.Juggs » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Bad Blood was really good, didn’t read about it intentionally, would not have anticipated the ending.
Season 2 is out on Netflix.

User avatar 1463.RIP » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 pm

Since GOT and Chernobyl are done I've started watching Vice. Holy fuck, the rhino horn episode was horrifying. Hell, every damn episode is pretty awful. Humans are fucking terrible.

1464.Juggs » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:07 pm

I quit on Chernobyl. Yawn.

User avatar 1465.Panamag8or » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm about 16 years late to the party, but I've been enjoying Dead Like Me.

1466.Tommy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:38 am

Man in the High Castle was much better than it started, pretty good.

User avatar 1467.Cus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:18 am

I'm about 16 years late to the party, but I've been enjoying Dead Like Me.
Also late to the party but I started The Americans. Great show. Almost done with season 2 and it's been good but:

Season 2 seems to be mostly people having sex and killing people.

I'm really ready for Martha to get burned, outed, fired, whatever. I'd have to say the actor is doing a great job with that character because I hate her.

Annet Mahendru, on the other hand, is great. She's pretty good at acting too.

User avatar 1468.ufgators68 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 am

I'm a little late to the part as well... binged Deadwood before watching the movie. Loved the series, not so much on the movie.

User avatar 1469.Cus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:20 pm

I'm a little late to the part as well... binged Deadwood before watching the movie. Loved the series, not so much on the movie.
Two different animals.

1470.Juggs » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 pm

I told you fuckers.

Most entertaining HBO series ever behind GoT. Swearengen/Ian McShane is possibly the best HBO character ever, topping Gandolfini/Soprano

User avatar 1471.Cus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:16 pm

I told you fuckers.

Most entertaining HBO series ever behind GoT. Swearengen/Ian McShane is possibly the best HBO character ever, topping Gandolfini/Soprano
Whoa whoa whoa, leeeeet's pump the brakes a little.

1472.Juggs » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:02 pm

I told you fuckers.

Name a better HBO series that's in the top 3 with GoT, Sopranos, and Deadwood. Most of them that people adored, like 6 feet under, I thought were boring as shit.

And name better lead characters/actors than Soprano and Swearengen...

User avatar 1473.DocZaius » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:04 am

The first season of Carnivale was great.

1474.Juggs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 am

I've tried watching that a few times and never made it past ep1 or 2

1475.52:20 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 am

I told you fuckers.

Name a better HBO series that's in the top 3 with GoT, Sopranos, and Deadwood. Most of them that people adored, like 6 feet under, I thought were boring as shit.

And name better lead characters/actors than Soprano and Swearengen...
I agree with jugs, excellent writing on the deadwood series. Would have lasted much longer if it weren’t gritty.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else