March Madness

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

User avatar 101.99inNC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Mike White is coach 4 life you stupids.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/colle ... l-roberts/
That is actually a well-reasoned take from Neil. I feel like this team needs SOMETHING to get better. The offensive collapses are not just "as of late". They are real. If you do the same shit over and over again, you're defining insanity and driving your fucking fan base crazy.

The hiring of an "OC" is an interesting thought. Maybe someone who will convince White that you don't just stop playing basketball to protect an 11-point lead. It rarely works in any sport. And it's been the shitty formula for this team for a few seasons now.

White is a good dude. And yes, I'm sure his players like him as a person. What he went through with Key, that's brutal. But, there def seem like there are times when his players check out.

Here's another link where Pawwwwwwl also says he's safe, but also recognizing that the natives are once again more than restless.

https://247sports.com/Article/Florida-u ... 162865374/

User avatar 102.99inNC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Here's The Sun's David Whitley on White's safety and situation in Gainesville.
https://www.gatorsports.com/story/baske ... 795918001/
But given how the season ended, it's fair to ask if Florida is reaching the point of diminishing returns with its basketball program. If you witnessed the final 10 minutes of Sunday night's 81-78 loss to Oral Roberts, you'd have to say yes.
Instead of all that being forgotten, it all gained new life. You don't fire a guy based on one game, but the flaws we saw Sunday were nothing new.
On turnovers:
They had 20. Two or three fewer and Florida might still be playing. But that's just not how this team rolled.
"To me it was a mentality that this team, unfortunately, never fully embraced the importance, unfortunately, of each possession," White said.
And who's fault was that?
The players, for sure. But getting players to fully embrace things is why White makes about $3 million a year.
Probably the most realistic outcome for White is right here:
White's won 62% of his games at Florida. He's a solid coach and citizen, but has he reached his ceiling in Gainesville? Is Florida destined to be a mid-seeded NCAA tournament team?
Is that good enough?
This season, it should be. Next season, it might not be.
Especially if next season ends like this one just did.

103.evil gator » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:02 pm

And look at what FSU has done during the white era

User avatar 104.99inNC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:09 pm

And look at what FSU has done during the white era
Hamilton has done well there. I love being on Twitter with stuff like Mike White, Grantham. And even less important issues, like the Constitution and racism. It's like watching two high school debate teams where one or both teams have done no research, but are all willing to go really hard in the paint.

105.evil gator » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:13 pm

Cishet

106.evil gator » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Tre man is out

107.PG. » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:36 pm

He's gay? Never would have guessed that.

User avatar 108.Panamag8or » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:38 pm

He's gay? Never would have guessed that.
The hair was a dead giveaway.

User avatar 109.99inNC » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:14 pm

Tre man is out
#15 in ESPN's pre-draft ranking. Don't blame him. AT ALL.

110.evil gator » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:20 pm

would be the first mike white player drafted, despite a lot of 4 and 5 star recruits

User avatar 111.RIP » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:30 pm

would be the first mike white player drafted, despite a lot of 4 and 5 star recruits
Which is pretty damning.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

112.PG. » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:40 pm

From the Orlando Sentinel
A look at the current state of some of the game’s bluebloods does offer White’s program some defense.

Kansas, Louisville and Arizona are under NCAA investigation, while White’s program by all accounts is squeaky clean. Kentucky — and Duke — missed the 2021 NCAA Tournament, making the Gators the only SEC team to qualify for the last four editions of the Big Dance.

Florida also is the only SEC team with a winning conference record the six seasons under White, who is 20 games above .500 in league play (63-43, 125-73 overall).

User avatar 113.99inNC » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Yep. No players drafted since 2013. That seems crazy. And yet, unsurprising.

114.Fishon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Ques Glover in the transfer portal and Jordan Mincy (asst coach) is taking head job at Jacksonville

115.gargin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:33 am

Ques Glover in the transfer portal and Jordan Mincy (asst coach) is taking head job at Jacksonville
Locke gone too.

116.PG. » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:07 am

UCLA to the final four for the first time since we beat them in 2008.

User avatar 117.Panamag8or » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:02 pm

User avatar 118.Panamag8or » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:50 pm

Thanks, Mike White.

119.PG. » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:20 am

Zags getting beat bad. I'm a vindictive asshole. Enjoy seeing gators that leave getting beat. I haven't looked at a box score but I think few played nemhardt the whole game.

User avatar 120.RIP » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:33 am

Fuck em
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else