Wonder Woman and Spider-Man

Moderators: blue, Jabberdave, Irish Mike, Cus

1.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:13 am

WW was surprisingly good and I enjoyed the fight scenes. Her being hot didn't hurt.

Spider was well done and a million times better than any of that Toby crap. And as expected after Civil War, the kid was a great cast.

User avatar 2.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:12 pm

WW was surprisingly good and I enjoyed the fight scenes. Her being hot didn't hurt.

Spider was well done and a million times better than any of that Toby crap. And as expected after Civil War, the kid was a great cast.
Here's the thing about "Wonder Woman". She better be fucking hot. She was hot in the 70's with Lynda Carter and she's hot now with Gal Gadot.

3.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Here's the thing about "Wonder Woman". She better be fucking hot. She was hot in the 70's with Lynda Carter and she's hot now with Gal Gadot.
I have a friend on FB that "likes" everything Lynda Carter posts for some reason :lol:

apparently the Koch brothers might have funded it so it's just awful yo: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... ldn_t.html

User avatar 4.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:07 pm

I have a friend on FB that "likes" everything Lynda Carter posts for some reason :lol:

apparently the Koch brothers might have funded it so it's just awful yo: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/20 ... ldn_t.html
Not that I think everything conservatives do is great...but the liberals in this country are just in a perpetual state of being offended and resort to the very insults and back-biting they like to condemn. I can't even watch late night TV anymore. It's just 100% anti-Trump, anti-Republican and if there is a Republican who happens to agree with them on one thing, then they champion that person. It's so phenomenal.

5.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Not that I think everything conservatives do is great...but the liberals in this country are just in a perpetual state of being offended and resort to the very insults and back-biting they like to condemn. I can't even watch late night TV anymore. It's just 100% anti-Trump, anti-Republican and if there is a Republican who happens to agree with them on one thing, then they champion that person. It's so phenomenal.
yeah it's amazing the amount of scrutiny that anyone in this administration get. There was a shooting scare at EPA yesterday, and the internet was all like "THEY ARE DESTROYING THE EARTH AND DESERVE IT"

User avatar 6.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:10 pm

yeah it's amazing the amount of scrutiny that anyone in this administration get. There was a shooting scare at EPA yesterday, and the internet was all like "THEY ARE DESTROYING THE EARTH AND DESERVE IT"
Yep. Not surprising. And apparently, we need to just let NK do whatever they want. Even though past administrations bear a lot of the blame for lack of oversight. But if something happens, it'll be all Trumps fault. We are unfortunately a nation that will allow ANYTHING except for protecting ourselves.

7.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Yep. Not surprising. And apparently, we need to just let NK do whatever they want. Even though past administrations bear a lot of the blame for lack of oversight. But if something happens, it'll be all Trumps fault. We are unfortunately a nation that will allow ANYTHING except for protecting ourselves.
I've said over and over his tone isn't helpful but not every position this admin has isn't wrong just as everything Obama did wasn't right.

User avatar 8.99inNC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:24 pm

I've said over and over his tone isn't helpful but not every position this admin has isn't wrong just as everything Obama did wasn't right.
This. Right. Here.

9.Rampart » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:25 pm

The stupid shit that comes out of his mouth or phone, and staff for that matter, IS the biggest problem with this administration. He really hasn't done anything except reverse some executive decisions

10.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Agree with that. If he'd have stopped twitter....

11.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:42 pm

The stupid shit that comes out of his mouth or phone, and staff for that matter, IS the biggest problem with this administration. He really hasn't done anything except reverse some executive decisions
that's not really true.

12.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:44 pm

also the NYT or wapo was all "ghg report leaked!!!" before Pruitt and Trump can bury it! and it turns out it was posted on a government website. Such idiotic over-reaction to every little thing

13.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:46 pm

that's not really true.
But he should stay off Twitter :lol:

14.Rampart » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:06 pm

that's not really true.
Relaxed restrictions on EPA? Supreme Court Justice?

Let me know when he does anything on the level of health care, real tax reform, sweeping social changes, infrastructure, or manages to pass any bill of significance

15.Juggs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Real tax reform. Hahahahaha.

16.Rampart » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Real tax reform. Hahahahaha.
Go big or go home :weirdlook:

17.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:14 pm

the supreme court justice was pretty big, but certainly some of the ways the various departments are being managed is different and of importance. Not that it gets covered in any way other than hysterical over-reaction.

18.Rampart » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:17 pm

the supreme court justice was pretty big, but certainly some of the ways the various departments are being managed is different and of importance. Not that it gets covered in any way other than hysterical over-reaction.
I can see how that is big for you, but that's not really the level of "we're gonna win so much you all will be sick of winning"

19.evs » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:25 pm

I can see how that is big for you, but that's not really the level of "we're gonna win so much you all will be sick of winning"
well it has an enormous impact on businesses of all sorts...which impacts employment, the stock market, overall economy. so yeah, not much

20.Rampart » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Finally, a president who deserves credit for the economy

21.evs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

oh for fuck's sake. The economy is complicated and the president isn't 100% responsible, but there are administrative things that can be done to improve it.

22.9508 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 pm

oh for fuck's sake. The economy is complicated and the president isn't 100% responsible, but there are administrative things that can be done to improve it.
Sure. And Presidents get way to much credit and blame for the economy.

Out of curiosity. What has shown trumps actions have benefited the economy so far. Or is it something we'd expect to see later (1-2 years)

23.evs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Out of curiosity. What has shown trumps actions have benefited the economy so far. Or is it something we'd expect to see later (1-2 years)
even the announcements of deregulation have the stock markets doing better; and this administration is doing more to make things more reasonable for businesses.

24.9508 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 pm

even the announcements of deregulation have the stock markets doing better; and this administration is doing more to make things more reasonable for businesses.
I agree the stock market is up, but largely due to the healthcare, IT and utilities sectors. Areas that the administration has not had a lot of positive interaction with.

Energy is double digit negative this year. (Big area of reg rollback )
Telecom is the other sector that is dragging the economy.

Is the expectation that we'll see a strengthening soon in energy?

Financial section is improving, but most of what I have read attributed the growth to rising interest rates.

I had also read that job growth is slightly down compared to last year.

Again, not saying any of this has to do with the president. Just curious.

25.evs » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I agree the stock market is up, but largely due to the healthcare, IT and utilities sectors. Areas that the administration has not had a lot of positive interaction with.

Energy is double digit negative this year. (Big area of reg rollback )
Telecom is the other sector that is dragging the economy.

Is the expectation that we'll see a strengthening soon in energy?

Financial section is improving, but most of what I have read attributed the growth to rising interest rates.

I had also read that job growth is slightly down compared to last year.

Again, not saying any of this has to do with the president. Just curious.
there are lots of other industries affected by reg rollback besides energy :lol:

I don't think people that don't deal with it every day realize what a drain on all sorts of business (but esp. small biz) really are. there is so much that is outdated about the federal system, a lot of federal requirements went into effect when for example, state and local governments were extremely weak and small. this doesn't mean you don't need fed rules for a number of things, but a lot of them are outdated and don't help anyone, and actually hurt businesses.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, And Everything Else