Internet and cable outage

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1.evil gator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Bama fan I work with is having an internet and cable outage and I find it funny is that wrong and or bad mojo

User avatar 2.Panamag8or » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:43 pm

He's better off listening to Eli Gold, anyway.

User avatar 3.Flight of the Gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:35 am

Are you sure the Bama fan doesn't live in Naples, Fla? Comcast down here really sucks ass

4.9508 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:55 am

Comcast sucks wherever it is.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 5.Irish Mike » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:13 pm

This right here is what keeps me from pulling the trigger and switching to Comcast. I have ATT internet right now but they don't yet offer fiber in my area. I CAN get fiber with Comcast for less than I'm paying now.

Just heard too many horror stories about them.

6.evil gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 pm

As much heartache as it caused over the years and I loathe monopolies- the xfinity voice remote is fucking awesome, and my internet and cable have been really great the past shitty year

User avatar 7.RIP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:18 pm

This right here is what keeps me from pulling the trigger and switching to Comcast. I have ATT internet right now but they don't yet offer fiber in my area. I CAN get fiber with Comcast for less than I'm paying now.

Just heard too many horror stories about them.
I have Comcast and I think the stories are overblown. We have occasional outages but they are quickly resolved. The customer service is annoying but eventually get to the issue. Working for Comcast as a sub-contractor is another matter. I fucking loathe doing their stuff.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 8.DocZaius » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:29 pm

I haven't had a problem with Comcast in a while. I'm currently getting their 200MB service for a little over $80/month (with all fees included) and it's serving my house pretty well - with lots of streaming (which includes entertainment, both parents working from home and one student doing virtual learning every day). Gigabyte service starts at $106/month, which is pricier than places that have competition (last I checked, places with multiple fiber providers were somewhere around $70/month).

9.evil gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:55 pm

yeah I used to be a huge critic but they are much improved - you will take the voice remote out of my cold dead hands.

User avatar 10.RIP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:57 pm

yeah I used to be a huge critic but they are much improved - you will take the voice remote out of my cold dead hands.
My only gripe with it is it refuses to acknowledge the word "botched".
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

11.evil gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:01 pm

My only gripe with it is it refuses to acknowledge the word "botched".
Or when it doesn’t understand me when my mouth is full of nachos

12.PG. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 pm

"nachos"
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else