Florida gators basketball

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1.evil gator » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:40 pm

we are on top! with Kentucky at the bottom.

Good game vs. LSU. Castleton is terrific, even though he looks like a skinny country club douche. Duruji and the rest of the team are fun to watch. Huge improvement since the first game and without the league's best player.

User avatar 2.99inNC » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm happy for them and for the way they've rallied around Key. I won't get sucked in with overly high hopes, though. With the pre-season SEC POTY out right now, everything they do is gravy. :)

3.evil gator » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:39 pm

I'm happy for them and for the way they've rallied around Key. I won't get sucked in with overly high hopes, though. With the pre-season SEC POTY out right now, everything they do is gravy. :)
it may mostly be lack of expectations, but this is a fun team to watch!

4.52:20 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:51 pm

I haven't watched anymore. Seems to be the key.

5.Fishon » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Good game vs. LSU. Castleton is terrific, even though he looks like a skinny country club douche. Duruji and the rest of the team are fun to watch. Huge improvement since the first game and without the league's best player.
Duruji has been a pleasant surprise the first 2 SEC games

6.evil gator » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:45 pm

Duruji has been a pleasant surprise the first 2 SEC games
indeed. They don't seem to do the stupid shit that has enraged me so about most mike white teams.

User avatar 7.Panamag8or » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:51 pm

I haven't watched anymore. Seems to be the key.
Don't start now, Jinxy McJinxerson.

8.evil gator » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:52 pm

first team outside the top 25; 5-1 and 2-0 in the SEC

User avatar 9.99inNC » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 pm

first team outside the top 25; 5-1 and 2-0 in the SEC
However, they are #22 in the NET rankings.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... t-rankings

10.evil gator » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:50 pm

castleton co-SEC player of the week!

User avatar 11.Panamag8or » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:10 am

So, I missed the game today, but I hear it was a shit show. Lost at home by 20 to the worst UK squad in decades.

12.rampart » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:24 pm

So, I missed the game today, but I hear it was a shit show. Lost at home by 20 to the worst UK squad in decades.
Mike White

User avatar 13.RIP » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:41 pm

So...we firing him again?
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

14.Tommy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:43 pm

TG coached them that night

15.9508 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:14 pm

Fuck that guy!
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 16.angrigator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:24 pm

I watched for a while. I saw the pattern developing early and told the wife they would loose big and quit watching. There is no set to their offense, whoever has the ball tries to beat their man and put up the shot. Everybody else stands around looking instead of moving to get open for a pass and the result either is a bad shot, turnover or a pass out to another guy who looks to get his one on one. I think that is White's offense from what I can see. Counting on athleticism to get a good shot and it doesn't always work obviously

17.evil gator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:28 pm

so I'm probably more optimistic than most for basketball, but all the bad shit I hoped might be fixed clearly hasn't been. Luckily I had other plans so missed Saturday's games but the stats and the way we lost to Bama shows things aren't fixed, I don't see them ever getting fixed under white.

its a shame because he's recruited some really great players and sadly appears to squander them.

I compared the talent on this team to Purdue's and what a better coach does there with less talent and I don't see where it gets better guys.

White is 3-17 vs our rivals. Time for a change.

The admin may wait due the situation with Key, which would be a mistake IMO

User avatar 18.angrigator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Yeah I'm there too.

19.newmexigator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 pm

so I'm probably more optimistic than most for basketball, but all the bad shit I hoped might be fixed clearly hasn't been. Luckily I had other plans so missed Saturday's games but the stats and the way we lost to Bama shows things aren't fixed, I don't see them ever getting fixed under white.

its a shame because he's recruited some really great players and sadly appears to squander them.

I compared the talent on this team to Purdue's and what a better coach does there with less talent and I don't see where it gets better guys.

White is 3-17 vs our rivals. Time for a change.

The admin may wait due the situation with Key, which would be a mistake IMO
I welcome you.

20.Fishon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:11 pm

I was really hoping for white to have turned it around. if nothing else, we could've enjoyed a bball run instead of talking about politics

21.evil gator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 pm

In fairness mex would have fired billy d

22.evil gator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:15 pm

I was really hoping for white to have turned it around. if nothing else, we could've enjoyed a bball run instead of talking about politics
I know we have nothing now 😢

User avatar 23.angrigator » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:18 pm

I know we have nothing now 😢
I'm counting on Sully and the baseball team. :jabber:

User avatar 24.Gator Rio » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41 am

Yeah, I’m ready to say MW needs to go too. Know losing Keyontae is a blow, but the coaching just isn’t there.

25.gatorbreeze » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Yep, hate to say it but he needs to go.
" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." Agent Kay
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else