Cus update (not dead)

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

User avatar 26.RIP » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Yeah that's excellent to hear Cus. I'm glad you're on the mend.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 27.Panamag8or » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Yeah, they took two pieces from my right leg. Think that spot’ll always be numb.
I got stung by a wasp on my shin and never knew it til I saw the lump later. :lol:
Biggest thing I want to get cleared up is this equilibrium lag thing. I want to start trying to drive a little bit even if it’s just in the parking lot of the condo neighborhood here.
I can't remember if it was 4 or 6 weeks before I was ok'd to drive. Sternal precautions suck.

User avatar 28.Cus » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:58 am

Thanks you guys.

One thing I think is kind of cool. When the surgery was finishing up and it was time to restart my heart they hit me with the juice.

So I’ve literally been lit up like a Christmas tree.

29.gatorbreeze » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Thanks you guys.

One thing I think is kind of cool. When the surgery was finishing up and it was time to restart my heart they hit me with the juice.

So I’ve literally been lit up like a Christmas tree.
:lol: Tis the season, glad you're recovering!
" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." Agent Kay

30.evil gator » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:08 pm

keep up the good work Cus.

User avatar 31.Cus » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:19 pm

Update: had my last visit with the cardio surgeon on Thursday. He signed off on me driving and returning to work whenever I feel up to it. Going to take another week and start back Monday the 11th and only do half days for the first week. Yesterday was 4 weeks since that night. Not a bad recovery in just 28 days.

User avatar 32.Panamag8or » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:49 pm

I was ok'd to drive at 4 weeks, but the sternal precautions had lifting restrictions and no return to work for 8 weeks. Be careful.

User avatar 33.MoralityULack » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Update: had my last visit with the cardio surgeon on Thursday. He signed off on me driving and returning to work whenever I feel up to it. Going to take another week and start back Monday the 11th and only do half days for the first week. Yesterday was 4 weeks since that night. Not a bad recovery in just 28 days.
Congrats!

User avatar 34.angrigator » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:06 pm

Good news but take it slow and easy for a while.

User avatar 35.Cus » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 pm

Good news but take it slow and easy for a while.
The body still has me on a short leash and I can tell when I’m getting close to the end of it.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else