Cus update (not dead)

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

User avatar 1.Cus » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:41 pm

Recovery is going really well, had my first follow up with the cardiologist yesterday and he was pleased. Biggest thing now is recovery and rehab, I’m signed up for cardio rehab which will begin in late January. Until then lots of walking short distances and sucking on this lung exerciser that they gave me.

2.9508 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Glad to hear it is going well.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 3.Irish Mike » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Good to hear.

Did they give you a cute little teddy bear to hug when you cough? My dad got one when he had his quadruple bypass.

He hated that thing at first but then it didn't leave his side for a month or so

4.Denver-Gator » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:02 pm

Recovery is going really well, had my first follow up with the cardiologist yesterday and he was pleased. Biggest thing now is recovery and rehab, I’m signed up for cardio rehab which will begin in late January. Until then lots of walking short distances and sucking on this lung exerciser that they gave me.
I got one of those lung exerciser things after I broke my sternum mountain biking a few years ago. Barely used it since the air is so thin out here.

User avatar 5.RIP » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:02 pm

Good to hear man. Just do everything they say. Are they adjusting your diet?
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 6.MoralityULack » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:14 pm

Good to hear.

Did they give you a cute little teddy bear to hug when you cough? My dad got one when he had his quadruple bypass.

He hated that thing at first but then it didn't leave his side for a month or so
My MIL got a heart shaped pillow.

User avatar 7.MoralityULack » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:15 pm

Glad you are OK. You will be better thannew soon, if you do what they say.

User avatar 8.RIP » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:18 pm

Get you one of these bad boys

RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 9.Panamag8or » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Good to hear.

Same here.

User avatar 10.Panamag8or » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Good news.
Did they give you the blowy exerciser, too? Sounds like a fart, lol.

User avatar 11.angrigator » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:52 pm

Keep it up cus. You will be feeling much better soon.

12.Juggs » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:07 pm

ucking on this lung exerciser that they gave me.
That's a very polite way to say cock.

13.gatorbreeze » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:13 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Happy to see you signed on to the cardio rehab, I think it will make a big difference. Keep working gator!
" A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." Agent Kay

User avatar 14.Cus » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:45 pm

Good to hear.

That’s what I got too. At first I thought “this is stupid” and now I feel any kind of a cough coming on I’m hugging that thing like mad.

User avatar 15.Cus » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Not really, matter fact they haven’t said anything to me other than walk and blow your breathalyzer. I’ve got plenty of other people giving me dietary advice though.

User avatar 16.Panamag8or » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Not really, matter fact they haven’t said anything to me other than walk and blow your breathalyzer. I’ve got plenty of other people giving me dietary advice though.
Mediterranean diet.
I still eat like shit, but that's what I should be following.

User avatar 17.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:25 pm

How are you feeling Cus?

18.rampart » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:46 pm

How are you feeling Cus?
Was Wondering the same

User avatar 19.Cus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:12 pm

How are you feeling Cus?
I’m doing good. Physically I’m doing very well. I’m walking and doing breathing exercises. Chest is healing well, not much soreness left unless I cough. Chest incision healing nicely, that thing is so straight it looks like he did it with a ruler. When I’m walking and I need to change direction or turn my head to look at something my equilibrium lags about a second behind. When You stand up from a sitting position your blood pressure drops a little suddenly and usually the arteries in your legs constrict to keep that pressure steady up in the upper levels. Because both my legs have some trauma where they harvested the veins for the bypasses the arteries aren’t constricting quite right yet. I’m told this will clear up with time.

Mentally is the push. I’m an outgoing person so being stuck at the house almost 24 seven is a drag. Still not strong enough to drive yet and even riding in a car, getting out and going in somewhere, and then riding back home is exhausting. I’m not used to being this fragile and it’s getting old.

But overall I’m doing really well or at least that’s what the home health people keep telling me.

User avatar 20.Cus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:12 pm

[
Last edited by Cus on Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 21.Panamag8or » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:55 pm

How are you feeling Cus?
I’m doing good. Physically I’m doing very well. I’m walking and doing breathing exercises. Chest is healing well, not much soreness left unless I cough. Chest incision healing nicely, that thing is so straight it looks like he did it with a ruler. When I’m walking and I need to change direction or turn my head to look at something my equilibrium lags about a second behind. When You stand up from a sitting position your blood pressure drops a little suddenly and usually the arteries in your legs constrict to keep that pressure steady up in the upper levels. Because both my legs have some trauma where they harvested the veins for the bypasses the arteries aren’t constricting quite right yet. I’m told this will clear up with time.

Mentally is the push. I’m an outgoing person so being stuck at the house almost 24 seven is a drag. Still not strong enough to drive yet and even riding in a car, getting out and going in somewhere, and then riding back home is exhausting. I’m not used to being this fragile and it’s getting old.

But overall I’m doing really well or at least that’s what the home health people keep telling me.
It gets better, rather quickly. The boredom does suck, though. Once you can use your arms to get out of a chair, life gets a whole lot better.
Although, I'm a year and 8 months out, and my leg is still numb from one of the vein harvests.

User avatar 22.Cus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:22 pm

How are you feeling Cus?

It gets better, rather quickly. The boredom does suck, though. Once you can use your arms to get out of a chair, life gets a whole lot better.
Although, I'm a year and 8 months out, and my leg is still numb from one of the vein harvests.

Yeah, they took two pieces from my right leg. Think that spot’ll always be numb.

User avatar 23.Panamag8or » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Yeah, they took two pieces from my right leg. Think that spot’ll always be numb.
I got stung by a wasp on my shin and never knew it til I saw the lump later. :lol:

User avatar 24.Cus » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:30 pm

I got stung by a wasp on my shin and never knew it til I saw the lump later. :lol:
Biggest thing I want to get cleared up is this equilibrium lag thing. I want to start trying to drive a little bit even if it’s just in the parking lot of the condo neighborhood here.

25.rampart » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Glad to hear you are on the mend and hope you get back to being you sooner than later.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else