you hate to read it

Moderators: shutout, Jabbroni, Irish Mike

1.lil numby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 pm

'They're in a deep, deep hole': Inside the 6-year unraveling of Florida State football
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ssion=true

User avatar 2.MoralityULack » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Delicious.

But I also cant help but think we were so close to the same fate with an AD that wanted to be a basketball school always trying to find a cheap diamond in the rough and not reinvesting the golden eggs in more geese.

3.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 pm

yeah I read this earlier and I feel gross for almost feeling bad for them.

4.lil numby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:26 pm

yeah I read this earlier and I feel gross for almost feeling bad for them.
gee, i wonder why jimbo kept entertaining job offers
Florida State had already announced that Winston would be suspended for the first half of the Seminoles' showdown against Clemson, a game that would likely determine which team would win the ACC. Fisher agreed to the suspension, but many outsiders believed it was a slap on the wrist. That's why Fisher was calling.

"The son of a bitch caved to the media," Fisher said, according to Winston's father.

Fisher was talking about then-athletic director Stan Wilcox, who changed his mind just over 24 hours before kickoff and suspended Winston for the full game. Fisher, who found out as he and the players boarded the team bus to their hotel, had already designed his game plan around Winston's expected return.
When Fisher's son was diagnosed with Fanconi anemia in 2011, the coach was eager to kickstart a fundraising program called Kidz First, but Miller worried the foundation would serve as competition for the already scarce amount of donations from the same market of fans. According to several of the coach's close associates, Fisher viewed Miller's pushback as personal, and the relationship became poisoned beyond repair.

5.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:33 pm

him and his stupid sick kid

6.Supes44444 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 pm

Yeah, good read. I don't feel bad for them. They did this to themselves. We were right on that same track with crappy head coaching hires and as VD said, an AD that wanted us to be known as a basketball school. Florida State is going to take quite some time to get back to prominence. I don't think Norvell is the answer there. I think he's already having serious issues with the team unity. Hell, he's got guys opting out of the season because they know they can't win this year and don't want to risk further injury.

7.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:39 pm

and as VD said, an AD that wanted us to be known as a basketball school.
ugh

8.Supes44444 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:40 pm

ugh
It's one or the other. Let's be a football school with an above average basketball team year in an year out. And maybe we strike gold like we did with Billy again.

9.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:59 pm

ugh
It's one or the other. Let's be a football school with an above average basketball team year in an year out. And maybe we strike gold like we did with Billy again.
so our baseball has to suck now for football to be good? Florida's always been good at multiple sports. just a silly notion.

and we had 4 NCs in basketball and football 2006-8.

that's nonsense and it saddens me to see you fall for vds nonsense.

10.Denver-Gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:24 pm

ugh
so our baseball has to suck now for football to be good? Florida's always been good at multiple sports. just a silly notion.

Exactly, we should strive to be great in every sport we play.

User avatar 11.Cus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Karma for all the bullshit that went on during the Bobby years.

It's been said many times already but it's a shame we don't get to crush them this year.

12.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:25 pm

Exactly, we should strive to be great in every sport we play.
:highfive:

that's a watched the Gators win their first bball NC together high five!

13.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Karma for all the bullshit that went on during the Bobby years.

It's been said many times already but it's a shame we don't get to crush them this year.
agreeeeeee

User avatar 14.RIP » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:37 pm

One can only hope this eventually happens to georgia.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

15.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:40 pm

One can only hope this eventually happens to georgia.
hoping for LSU - seems good karma for covering up rape ala PSU and MSU

16.PG. » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:48 pm

I pick alabama.

17.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm

I pick alabama.
that seems a long shot - I guess once the devil calls Saban home

18.52:20 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:55 pm

How about

19.Supes44444 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Look, I love UF sports and I want us to win everything. But to term us a basketball school when we are clearly a football school is ridiculous. I want to have a Duke-like basketball program. But I will take football championships over basketball all day long.

Oh, and FSU just had another player opt out the rest of the season today and one of their QBs is done for the year due to collarbone issues. They're 35 point underdogs to Clemson as is. They are fucked.

20.52:20 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:31 pm

I'd take clemson to cover by a wide margin

21.evil gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 pm

Look, I love UF sports and I want us to win everything. But to term us a basketball school when we are clearly a football school is ridiculous. I want to have a Duke-like basketball program. But I will take football championships over basketball all day long.

Oh, and FSU just had another player opt out the rest of the season today and one of their QBs is done for the year due to collarbone issues. They're 35 point underdogs to Clemson as is. They are fucked.
its clearly not an either or proposition so why keep saying it.

I get people are pissed at Foley about Zook and other shit but its fucking stupid to act like having a good basketball program negatively impacts football when we have NCs from the same year and no one smart thinks that's the case

22.Denver-Gator » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 pm

I get people are pissed at Foley about Zook and other shit but its fucking stupid to act like having a good basketball program negatively impacts football when we have NCs from the same year and no one smart thinks that's the case
I think Supes is butthurt because some asshole rival fan called us a "basketball school" and he didn't have the sense to say we're a kickass school, so fuck off.

23.Supes44444 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:41 pm

I think you are just taking my words, twisting them to fit your narrative and not letting it go. Typical from a shemale.

User avatar 24.MoralityULack » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:04 am

Foley hired three bad coaches just like FSU. Fortunately Bernie brought Meyer with him in the middle or we would have been just as fucked as FSU. Foley was a catastrophic failure because he didnt want a proven strong coach like Spurrier who who challenge his decisions. When he said kiss FSUs butts he wanted a coach that would say which cheek or in the middle. Foley did not spend enough on football facilities to keep us competitive. He looked at football as a money tree and to fund his pet money losing sports and was too stupid and short sighted to water it. Now we have an AD who understands you invest in the line of business that makes money.

25.gatorbreeze » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:44 pm

I think you are just taking my words, twisting them to fit your narrative and not letting it go. Typical from a shemale.
:-o
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else