Best tv season finale’s (spoilers obviously)

Moderators: shutout, Jabbroni, Irish Mike

1.rampart » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:41 am

SOA probably has as many main character deaths than GoT and if I had to be honest I think sons is better at killing people off.

This is probably the best antagonist death in tv history. It’s still hard to watch this, which is why it’s so damn good.

User avatar 2.Irish Mike » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:04 am

That shit was awesome.

3.Fishon » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:33 am

This was a season finale I think. Badass

4.rampart » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:38 am

That shit was awesome.
Perfect song. Perfect build up. So slight of hand I never saw it coming. Actress did such a good job that I actually felt bad for her even though she got exactly what she deserved. So fucking good.

5.Juggs » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:17 pm

I've said that a number of times. That season 3 finale is fantastic and my favorite of any tv show. I actually like Chibs finally getting his revenge more satisfying than Opie's. I find it enjoyable, I don't know how any of that is "hard to watch" :lol:

User avatar 6.Cus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Mayans season two finale was good. EZ's induction into the club and an unexpected death.

7.rampart » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:15 pm

I've said that a number of times. That season 3 finale is fantastic and my favorite of any tv show. I actually like Chibs finally getting his revenge more satisfying than Opie's. I find it enjoyable, I don't know how any of that is "hard to watch" :lol:
Not hard in a gruesome sense. The actors playing the agent (stalls???) and opie did such a good job that I actually feel bad for both of them at the same time (even though stalls deserved it)

8.Juggs » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Not hard in a gruesome sense. The actors playing the agent (stalls???) and opie did such a good job that I actually feel bad for both of them at the same time (even though stalls deserved it)
Not me. I just wanted to see Stahl dead :lol: But I get what you were saying. Very well acted. Although the line, "I want you to feel what she felt"....Donna didn't feel anything

9.rampart » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Not me. I just wanted to see Stahl dead :lol: But I get what you were saying. Very well acted. Although the line, "I want you to feel what she felt"....Donna didn't feel anything
Yeh that line could’ve used some tweaking

User avatar 10.DocZaius » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Maybe I'm remembering with rose-colored glasses, but the season finales of each of the first four seasons of Lost were all great - by design I think. They wanted the fans to be all like "WTF!?" so they could talk about the show during the break so they always threw a curveball or a cliffhanger into the finale:
  • Season 1: Locke blows the hatch open - what's inside? We find out in the cold open to Season 2 (which was also something Lost excelled at - the first episode of the season always blew everyone's mind)
  • Season 2: Locke BLOWS UP the hatch - fuck, man, you almost ended the world because you wanted to see what would happen if you stopped pushing the button!
  • Season 3: NOT PENNY'S BOAT
  • Season 4: Jin gets killed, Locke is revealed to be the guy in the coffin, Ben's daughter gets killed by the freighter people, Desmond and Penny finally reunited and it feels so good, and WTF Ben moved the island?
Damn, those first four seasons were so great. Season 4 got shortened due to the writer's strike, but before that there were like 24 hour-long episodes in a season. I don't think they do most shows like that anymore. You're lucky if you get 10 episodes in a season now (but TV is generally of a higher quality now, so I guess it's a trade-off).

11.evil gator » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 pm

thinking of rewatching SOA with my husband given how much time we're likely to be home. Thinking about doing the Shield after we rewatch the Americans.

some other good season finales would be early Dexter. Obviously the last seasons and endings sucked,but in its prime was good.

12.Juggs » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Maybe I'm remembering with rose-colored glasses, but the season finales of each of the first four seasons of Lost were all great - by design I think. They wanted the fans to be all like "WTF!?" so they could talk about the show during the break so they always threw a curveball or a cliffhanger into the finale:
  • Season 1: Locke blows the hatch open - what's inside? We find out in the cold open to Season 2 (which was also something Lost excelled at - the first episode of the season always blew everyone's mind)
  • Season 2: Locke BLOWS UP the hatch - fuck, man, you almost ended the world because you wanted to see what would happen if you stopped pushing the button!
  • Season 3: NOT PENNY'S BOAT
  • Season 4: Jin gets killed, Locke is revealed to be the guy in the coffin, Ben's daughter gets killed by the freighter people, Desmond and Penny finally reunited and it feels so good, and WTF Ben moved the island?
Damn, those first four seasons were so great. Season 4 got shortened due to the writer's strike, but before that there were like 24 hour-long episodes in a season. I don't think they do most shows like that anymore. You're lucky if you get 10 episodes in a season now (but TV is generally of a higher quality now, so I guess it's a trade-off).
Agree. I know the ending was terrible, but I've rewatched Lost several times and the first few seasons hold up very well. Even knowing how it ends

13.evil gator » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:14 pm

yeah good point on LOST. It was an amazing groundbreaking show, the most cinematic to that date and certainly still one of the most. Could argue something like GOT wouldn't exist without it, and the writing was pretty good at the beginning. There were just too many loose ends and logical problems they couldn't overcome.

User avatar 14.DocZaius » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:10 pm

yeah good point on LOST. It was an amazing groundbreaking show, the most cinematic to that date and certainly still one of the most. Could argue something like GOT wouldn't exist without it, and the writing was pretty good at the beginning. There were just too many loose ends and logical problems they couldn't overcome.
My opinion on that is the writers didn't foresee how successful the show and the accompanying ARG was going to be - I think their original plan was that the island was meant to be purgatory but the fans guessed it right away. When they realized the show was going to be running for several seasons, they managed to add new mysterious elements to it but didn't know how to tie it all together in the end. The writer's strike during Season 4 didn't help. I actually enjoyed the time travel aspects to the show in Season 5, but then Season 6 happened and turned it all to shit.

15.evil gator » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:26 pm

My opinion on that is the writers didn't foresee how successful the show and the accompanying ARG was going to be - I think their original plan was that the island was meant to be purgatory but the fans guessed it right away. When they realized the show was going to be running for several seasons, they managed to add new mysterious elements to it but didn't know how to tie it all together in the end. The writer's strike during Season 4 didn't help. I actually enjoyed the time travel aspects to the show in Season 5, but then Season 6 happened and turned it all to shit.
yeah introducing the alternate reality stuff was so stupid.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else