Board cooks GTFI

Moderators: shutout, Jabbroni, Irish Mike

User avatar 26.RIP » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:15 pm

Thanks for all the input guys.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

27.Supes44444 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:32 pm

Seriously, try Vertoku.com. I have two from there. I alternate between them, my Global and my Wusthof.

28.Juggs » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:39 pm

If you want a "real knife" that'll take a razor edge and a beating, but that you need to sharpen monthly, the Mercer genesis/renaissance lines are what you want. The difference is in the handle, one is classic squared off, the other is grippy.

https://www.amazon.com/Mercer-Culinary- ... iatesce-20
Shit edge retention is not ideal out of a knife unless he's good with a honing rod and sharpener.

User avatar 29.Irish Mike » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:44 pm

You guys complicate EVERYTHING.

User avatar 30.RIP » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:55 pm

If you want a "real knife" that'll take a razor edge and a beating, but that you need to sharpen monthly, the Mercer genesis/renaissance lines are what you want. The difference is in the handle, one is classic squared off, the other is grippy.

Shit edge retention is not ideal out of a knife unless he's good with a honing rod and sharpener.
I am not.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

31.9508 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:29 am

Ginsu... ever sharp edge
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

32.shutout » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:40 am

Sharpening once a month isn't shit edge retention. It's what I expect out of a quality knife that gets used in bony meats and frozen produce.

It's not still steel composites are some sort of a mystery in 2020.

33.9508 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:05 am

Seriously, try Vertoku.com. I have two from there. I alternate between them, my Global and my Wusthof.
My wife was looking at a set from them, thanks for confirming they are good quality.

34.lil numby » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:06 pm

wouldn't a chisel work better?

35.Supes44444 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Sharpening once a month isn't shit edge retention. It's what I expect out of a quality knife that gets used in bony meats and frozen produce.

If you have to sharpen your knife once a month, you are doing it wrong.

36.Juggs » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:39 pm

If you have to sharpen your knife once a month, you are doing it wrong.
Yeah, what I just read is he's taking a chef's knife and hacking through frozen shit and bone. That's not the job of a chef's knife :lol:

and WTF are you hacking through frozen produce for? Ok, reason aside...get a serrated knife for tasks like that. And a boning knife for boning tasks.

37.evil gator » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:54 pm

yeah what kind of degenerate saws thru frozen produce

38.9508 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:17 pm

yeah what kind of degenerate saws thru frozen produce
Ditch Bream and frozen rhubarb is the house special

39.PG. » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:44 am

Need a good filet knife for them bream. Or are they eaten whole like sardines. Never had bream. Not much into freshwater fish except catfish. Redfish, bass and trout all taste fishy to me.

User avatar 40.RIP » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:49 am

Redfish is so good.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else