Re: This site

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1901.evil gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm

I just spoke w/ a friend who worked the hill for 10 years and she thinks that those reports about McConnell are true, that he thinks that Trump cost him the senate majority, and that the senate will vote to impeach. She also clarified that hearings can happen during impeachment so some committees can get them out, but impeachment would start in judiciary so that would slow down Garland at DOJ, which is expected to be slow and contentious anyway, and is also pretty important.

1902.lil numby » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 pm

I just spoke w/ a friend who worked the hill for 10 years and she thinks that those reports about McConnell are true, that he thinks that Trump cost him the senate majority, and that the senate will vote to impeach. She also clarified that hearings can happen during impeachment so some committees can get them out, but impeachment would start in judiciary so that would slow down Garland at DOJ, which is expected to be slow and contentious anyway, and is also pretty important.
that's great, sweetie, how are those pizza rolls coming along

1903.evil gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 pm

my husband made some awesome lasagna for us to eat whilst DC burns

1904.lil numby » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm

my husband made some awesome lasagna for us to eat whilst DC burns
love when my wife makes lasagna, you can feast on that tray for days

User avatar 1905.RIP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:50 pm

Jeez

RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

1906.evil gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:51 pm

Christ the guy in the respirator and the cunt with the bullhorn

User avatar 1907.DocZaius » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

I still find it odd that in all of this going on, no ARs have been mentioned among those involved (that I’ve seen).
You know, I was going to comment on that, too. I haven't exhaustively looked at the photos and videos, but I don't recall seeing any guns. I see a couple of maybe-holsters, either for a small handgun or a stun gun.

I think a big part of that is DC's prohibition on both open- and concealed-carry (I think banning both at the same time is unconstitutional, by the way, but I don't think it's been significantly challenged). Any participants run the risk of being arrested the moment they set foot in the District if they're obviously carrying.

So again, what was the goal here? Take hostages? Murder Nancy Pelosi? How much could they accomplish without firearms?

1908.evil gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:01 pm

I still find it odd that in all of this going on, no ARs have been mentioned among those involved (that I’ve seen).
You know, I was going to comment on that, too. I haven't exhaustively looked at the photos and videos, but I don't recall seeing any guns. I see a couple of maybe-holsters, either for a small handgun or a stun gun.

I think a big part of that is DC's prohibition on both open- and concealed-carry (I think banning both at the same time is unconstitutional, by the way, but I don't think it's been significantly challenged). Any participants run the risk of being arrested the moment they set foot in the District if they're obviously carrying.

So again, what was the goal here? Take hostages? Murder Nancy Pelosi? How much could they accomplish without firearms?
yeah those are good points. I know it's all still being investigated but I think the only firearms discharged were those of the capitol police? though it does seem that there were enough of the participants could have overpowered one of the police and taken one of their weapons? Very chilling how terrible it could have been.

ive also heard intel types note that sometimes insurgents storm an area without weapons as a dry run to see areas of weakness then come back with the heavy shit. Again fucking scary.

User avatar 1909.RIP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55656385

Officially the 1st prez to be impeached twice.

RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

1910.9508 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:07 pm

9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

1911.Fishon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 pm

when is gym jordan going to be held accountable for turning a blind eye to sexual abuse while he was a coach at ohio state?

1912.9508 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 pm

Probably why he’s not a big fan of accountability

User avatar 1913.RIP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 pm

when is gym jordan going to be held accountable for turning a blind eye to sexual abuse while he was a coach at ohio state?
I'm going to go with never.

RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 1914.RIP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Proud Boys and Qanon folks will be saddened by this

RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

1915.Denver-Gator » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 pm

Fuck him.... no apologies and nothing about spreading this poisonous lie. He has zero credibility and I hope that's the last we hear from him

1916.rampart » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Fuck him.... no apologies and nothing about spreading this poisonous lie. He has zero credibility and I hope that's the last we hear from him
This is about saving his neck. He spent years creating an atmosphere of concentrated highly volatile gases. Then he lit a match and gleefully watched the results in safety. Now he’s trying to convince senate pubs not to convict because he wants to run again and do damage control because of how hard the push back has been and probably sees at the very least civil suits leveled against him.

Fuck him and fuck the troglodytic traitors that he just backed that big ass bus over

1917.rampart » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm

This is about saving his neck. He spent years creating an atmosphere of concentrated highly volatile gases. Then he lit a match and gleefully watched the results in safety. Now he’s trying to convince senate pubs not to convict because he wants to run again and do damage control because of how hard the push back has been and probably sees at the very least civil suits leveled against him.

Fuck him and fuck the troglodytic traitors that he just backed that big ass bus over

1918.rampart » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm

1919.9508 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:48 pm

Pubs don’t need him. He did the one thing they wanted, flooded the judiciary. He probably doesn’t get it, but what he has to offer isn’t worth what he brings to the table.

No clue if the Senate convicts or not, to many variables, but McConnell sees a chance to pull control back to the establishment. He’s just making sure he isn’t the one that pulls the levers in the senate to make it happen to have deniability.

Then he can sit back and say “See! Dems are abusing their power!”

1920.9508 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 pm

Regardless of politics, we all saw this coming right?

User avatar 1921.MoralityULack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:18 pm

Poor Rudy needs the money. He will never work again after all this. On the other hand the Federal government could wind up paying all his expenses for the next 20 years.

1922.rampart » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:22 pm

1923.Fishon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:32 pm

Pubs don’t need him. He did the one thing they wanted, flooded the judiciary. He probably doesn’t get it, but what he has to offer isn’t worth what he brings to the table.

No clue if the Senate convicts or not, to many variables, but McConnell sees a chance to pull control back to the establishment. He’s just making sure he isn’t the one that pulls the levers in the senate to make it happen to have deniability.

I don’t disagree, but it seems like a lot of the newly elected pubs in congress are definitely trumpers more than pubs. Maybe they fall in line, but it seems more likely that they don’t. And I realize you are referring to what happens in the senate. I am referring to what seems like a widening gulf in their party.

1924.9508 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:41 pm

I don’t disagree, but it seems like a lot of the newly elected pubs in congress are definitely trumpers more than pubs. Maybe they fall in line, but it seems more likely that they don’t. And I realize you are referring to what happens in the senate. I am referring to what seems like a widening gulf in their party.
Oh Trump totally perverted the party. Especially in the House. There are ardent supporters in the Senate, but I don’t think they are the majority of Pubs (unlike the House) There will be troubles maintaining a unified front in both houses for Pub leadership (which has always been the case for Dems).

1925.Tommy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Trump is done. Normal people who normally vote R will never vote for him again, only the small % of crazies. It’s gotten sooo f’n divided it’s “vote for any mfr that has a D or R, because the wrestler, I mean political party I have sided with runs whatever POS”. WTF can’t we have 2 decent candidates who campaign on their merit, not these fucking dogs we get?? I’m sooo over all of it, it’s insane.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else