The Rona 3.0

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

User avatar 1326.MoralityULack » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Drudge
CDC: UK variant now dominant strain in USA...
Hospitals seeing more young adults with severe symptoms...
Half new infections in just 5 states...
MANY SKIP SECOND DOSE...
1 in 3 survivors suffer mental, neurological problems...
On the bright side Brazilitrump is still in office and killing so many people they are going to pass even us.
Brazil death surge set to pass worst of USA...
BRAZIL 'BIOLOGICAL FUKUSHIMA'
NEW VARIANT EACH WEEK
BOLSONARO DOWNPLAYS

1327.Fishon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 pm

update on my situation

I retested today. did 2 separate samples, 2 different types of test. both came back negative

1328.52:20 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:48 pm

Weird, glad you don't seem to have it. Any of the negatives the PCR test?

1329.evil gator » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:58 pm

Good news

1330.Fishon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:39 pm

Weird, glad you don't seem to have it. Any of the negatives the PCR test?
the positive was a POCT test. the negatives were PCRs

1331.evil gator » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:47 pm

Finally! I'm getting the J&J single shot next Thursday. You won't get rid of me easily fellas!

User avatar 1332.angrigator » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Great for you

1333.52:20 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Finally! I'm getting the J&J single shot next Thursday. You won't get rid of me easily fellas!
That's how we're getting rid of you

1334.evil gator » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:21 pm

oh man!

1335.52:20 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Media isn't helping people feel the need to get the vaccine with ultrahyperbolic headlines "South African Strain Blows Through Pfizer Vaccine" "Pfizer can't stop SAfrican Strain" If you read the story, just over 1% of those studied got covid, 9 people, 6 of them got the South African Strain, 3 got the British Strain. They also don't talk about symptoms, so no clue if they were symptomatic or not.

Also, after panning the technology used to develop the Pfizer and Moderna vax workdwide, China is admitting that their vaccine is far less effective and is planning on just mixing all their different vaccines together to try and get better results.

1336.evil gator » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:40 pm

My best friends bro I sort of made out with once is in the hospital w Covid - sounds like he will be okay.

User avatar 1337.RIP » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:50 pm

Media isn't helping people feel the need to get the vaccine with ultrahyperbolic headlines "South African Strain Blows Through Pfizer Vaccine" "Pfizer can't stop SAfrican Strain" If you read the story, just over 1% of those studied got covid, 9 people, 6 of them got the South African Strain, 3 got the British Strain. They also don't talk about symptoms, so no clue if they were symptomatic or not.

Also, after panning the technology used to develop the Pfizer and Moderna vax workdwide, China is admitting that their vaccine is far less effective and is planning on just mixing all their different vaccines together to try and get better results.
Yeah I saw that click baity article and thought it was pretty irresponsible.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 1338.MoralityULack » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 pm

Brazil Now Has More Young Than Old Covid Patients In ICUs
COVID In Colorado: Health Officials Warn Of ‘Fourth and Final Wave’ Affecting Younger People
More Young Adults Are Being Hospitalized with COVID as Faster-Spreading Strains Dominate
"I don't know what herd immunity is (DUH), but when you add that number to the number of people who have acquired immunity it looks like it could be very close to herd immunity."
The top infectious disease expert in the U.S., Dr. Anthony Fauci, has predicted 80% to 85%
If you add the number of Texans who have recovered from COVID-19 – 2,680,443 – to the number of Texans who are fully vaccinated – 5,721,979 – you will find that about 29% of the Texas population is currently considered immune, as of mid-April.

1339.52:20 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:31 pm

Probably still very far from the 80% but I’d imagine the number of people who had covid and never took a test is a hefty percentage of the population as well. Also, they are using the drugs they had Trump on people who have covid and those that live with them and it’s showing a lot of promise is getting the covid patients over the hump and keeping their companions from getting it.

User avatar 1340.MoralityULack » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:44 pm

I wasnt clear that was Abbott saying that he doesnt know what herd immunity is but we have it.
Texas ranks 45th nationally in terms of the overall percentage of its population fully vaccinated, according to Becker’s Hospital Review, a business publication whose rankings are widely circulated.
I think he is taking pride in infecting far more than any governor...and he probably beats most...but still not enough to make up for the horrific vaccination rate.

Its like the election. Or the "hoax". Or the crowd size. Every single thing has to be a fuckin WHOPPER of a lie.

User avatar 1341.DocZaius » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:16 pm

Sanjay Gupta is on board the lab-origin-theory train:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... heory.html

1342.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:06 pm

Yeah, I've been seeing more and more legitimate sources saying that may be where it initially came from. The current theory is still that it happened by accident with those folks, not some Chinese scheme to infect the world. It makes sense that they reacted so quickly to it, without really being open with the rest of the world about it.

User avatar 1343.MoralityULack » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:42 am

Yeah, I've been seeing more and more legitimate sources saying that MAY be where it initially came from.
The current theory is the same as it always was but nothing is ruled out.

1344.evil gator » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:53 am

Everyone who suggested the possibility early on was a racist conspiracy theorist

1345.52:20 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:01 pm

Dont worry, Biden's going to get to the bottom of it.

1346.evil gator » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:42 pm

Oh and my appointment is for J&j so likely never get a shot

1347.gatorbreeze » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Dont worry, Biden's going to get to the bottom of it.
" Dark humor is like food, not everybody gets it."...Joseph Stalin

User avatar 1348.DocZaius » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:06 pm

My mother keeps sending me links to every new report of something wrong with J&J. Like, okay, what do you want me to do about it? I can't magically extract the vaccine from my body and I'm feeling fine.

1349.evil gator » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pm

6 people out of 7 million ffs

1350.9508 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:33 pm

My mother keeps sending me links to every new report of something wrong with J&J. Like, okay, what do you want me to do about it? I can't magically extract the vaccine from my body and I'm feeling fine.
Maybe get on a merry go round and spin it out of you like a centrifuge.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else