The Rona 3.0

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

926.evil gator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:54 pm

Here’s my dilemma: technically I can get one now (if supply is there; it’s currently not). As a therapist I am eligible even though I’m private practice, not at a community agency. Part of me feels guilty if I’m able to get it before some who are either elderly or have health concerns and then I have my wife who recently finished cancer treatment tell me that I should get it asap if I’m able. I haven’t had so much as the sniffles this past year so still feeling ambivalent. Am I being an idiot?
I can see your point, but its been available to the elderly for a while, and since your wife is likely to have immune issues I think you should get it.

927.lil numby » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:23 pm

if you're eligible, get it.

User avatar 928.RIP » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:31 pm

Yeah you're overthinking it. Get the vaccine if you can.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

929.evil gator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:38 pm

not to scare you, but I know someone who was taking care of her elderly parents, caught it, gave it to them, and one of them died and the other is in the hospital.

Its not selfish to protect your loved ones if you can

930.gatorbreeze » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:51 pm

I recommend you get the shot.
" Dark humor is like food, not everybody gets it."...Joseph Stalin

931.evil gator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:58 pm

fish if you don't get the shot we'll kill you

also, who will interpret the GOT spinoffs for us if you're not around?

932.Fishon » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:18 pm

Appreciate the feedback everyone. Thank you

933.Juggs » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:23 pm

Here’s my dilemma: technically I can get one now (if supply is there; it’s currently not). As a therapist I am eligible even though I’m private practice, not at a community agency. Part of me feels guilty if I’m able to get it before some who are either elderly or have health concerns and then I have my wife who recently finished cancer treatment tell me that I should get it asap if I’m able. I haven’t had so much as the sniffles this past year so still feeling ambivalent. Am I being an idiot?
I can see your point, but its been available to the elderly for a while, and since your wife is likely to have immune issues I think you should get it.
This.

934.evil gator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:28 pm

We need you on that wall!!!!

935.Juggs » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Did they or were they going to rebuild the wall?

936.evil gator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:42 pm

Did they or were they going to rebuild the wall?
Only fish knows that??! That’s why he needs to stay healthy!

937.PG. » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Had to share the good news.
We’ll Have Herd Immunity by April
https://www-wsj-com.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... 1613669731

User avatar 938.RIP » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:37 pm

That would be awesome.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

939.evil gator » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:50 pm

Yeah I’ve seen that too and it makes some sense

940.9508 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:38 pm

9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 941.angrigator » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:31 pm

He’s such a shithead.

User avatar 942.Gator Rio » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Yes, get it.

User avatar 943.MoralityULack » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:14 pm

Half a million.

( Official. Over 600K excess deaths )

944.evil gator » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:58 pm

just got an update on a former president of my org, he was sick in the hospital with Covid earlier this year. He's home now but lost a lot of his cognitive abilities and both his lungs collapsed. He has a long recovery ahead. Its tough for me to fathom, he was a hale 60 when hit, very bright and down to earth. A few years ago without seeming to exert even much effort he breezed into a meeting I was having and solved a bunch of our problems in like 5 minutes :-(

945.52:20 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:16 pm

In Florida, the state run pop up vaccine sites have seen 90% of those receiving the vaccine come from heavy democrat zip codes counter to the narrative being propped up by the media.

946.gatorbreeze » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Just got a text message from CVS, they have "hundreds" of available shots in the next 2 days.
" Dark humor is like food, not everybody gets it."...Joseph Stalin

User avatar 947.RIP » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:10 pm

In Florida, the state run pop up vaccine sites have seen 90% of those receiving the vaccine come from heavy democrat zip codes counter to the narrative being propped up by the media.
What is this getting at? I must be out of the loop.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

948.52:20 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:20 pm

Desantis is being pounded daily by the press accusing him of putting vaccine sites in politically opportunistic places, yesterday he was being hit for putting one in a huge development that has a water park and splash pad. It just so happened to be a retirement community. The horror of putting a vaccine site in the middle of a large group of people who are eligible to get the vaccine. The press is really hammering the ones that are put in planned communities and other areas that would presumably be Republican and wealthy ignoring the fact that everybody is being served.

949.Denver-Gator » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 pm

Seems like a gross water park, buncha old wrinkly people.

950.Fishon » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:33 pm

Desantis is being pounded daily by the press accusing him of putting vaccine sites in politically opportunistic places, yesterday he was being hit for putting one in a huge development that has a water park and splash pad. It just so happened to be a retirement community. The horror of putting a vaccine site in the middle of a large group of people who are eligible to get the vaccine. The press is really hammering the ones that are put in planned communities and other areas that would presumably be Republican and wealthy ignoring the fact that everybody is being served.
Man, speaking of harping on the same shit
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else