The Rona 3.0

Moderators: shutout, Jabbroni, Irish Mike

1.shutout » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:05 am

Electric Ronaloo. 1 million dead by December? LET'S ROLL.

2.9508 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:11 am

World wide? Possible.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

3.Juggs » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:24 pm

Barely over 0.01% of the world's population. The sky is not falling.

4.evil gator » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm

Herd cull’d

User avatar 5.MoralityULack » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel said Wednesday that his company's coronavirus vaccine won't be ready for widespread public distribution until spring of next year, according to a report. The drugmaker also won't seek emergency authorization for the vaccine for frontline medical workers and other at-risk individuals until November 25 at the earliest, he told the Financial Times.

Speaking at a health conference on Wednesday, Bancel said Moderna would not be ready to seek Food and Drug Administration approval for the vaccine for use in the general population until at least late January. If the vaccine is proven to be safe and effective, approval is unlikely until late March or early April.

"I think a late [first quarter], early [second quarter] approval is a reasonable timeline, based on what we know from our vaccine," Bancel said, according to the FT.

6.Tommy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:44 am

Vd would gladly sacrifice millions to get trump out

User avatar 7.MoralityULack » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:35 pm

Vd would gladly sacrifice millions to get trump out
Just how am I killing millions? By reporting that the cure to the pandemic that Trump knowingly covered up and spread is still 6 months away? Pointing out that hes going to kill half a million before his work to hide it - and lack thereof to stop it - is done.

8.Denver-Gator » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:57 pm

We re-enacted the Yellow Fever epidemic of 1841 at the Alafia River Rendezvous in January. The sky was fake falling there!!!! It was so much harder in the 19th century!!!! /juggs

9.Juggs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:34 pm

We re-enacted the Yellow Fever epidemic of 1841 at the Alafia River Rendezvous in January. The sky was fake falling there!!!! It was so much harder in the 19th century!!!! /juggs
Rendezvous are pre-1840 :roll:

10.evil gator » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:53 pm

monster burn

User avatar 11.MoralityULack » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Do you have a lot of black people turn out to be slaves or do you guys dress up in blackface?

12.Juggs » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Do you have a lot of black people turn out to be slaves or do you guys dress up in blackface?
Even a liberal twat like you should be smart enough to know that only the 1% could afford slaves, so this is just a stupid attempt at trolling.

13.evil gator » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:20 pm

Another sick re-enactor burn

Seems like good news in terms of treating covid, heard a fat 74 year old is getting over it okay

User avatar 14.MoralityULack » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:59 pm

Even a liberal twat like you should be smart enough to know that only the 1% could afford slaves, so this is just a stupid attempt at trolling.
I guess it worked because you made shit up....
In 1860, 1% of white southern families owned 200 or more human beings, but in states of the Confederacy, at least 20% owned at least one and in Ms and SC ran as high as fifty percent.”
An average elsewhere...
The proportion of Southern white families that owned slaves in 1860 was 25-30 percent
Clearly you are not properly outfitted. Maybe you can ask a black coworker to be your nggr for the weekend. All the other reenactors will be green with envy.

Disclaimer- Do NOT actually do this.

15.Denver-Gator » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Seems like good news in terms of treating covid, heard a fat 74 year old is getting over it okay
You don't get points for standing after shooting yourself in the foot.

User avatar 16.MoralityULack » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:33 am

New cases on the increase across country

Covid-19 cases are trending upward across the US, with only two states reporting a decline of cases compared to last week. And hospitalizations across the country have also begun to rise, according to data from the COVID Tracking Project.
Gov. Tony Evers announced the state will open a field hospital in response to the surge in hospitalizations.

"We obviously hoped this day wouldn't come but, unfortunately, Wisconsin is in a much different and more dire place today, and our health care systems are being overwhelmed," Evers said.
"Our hospitalization rates are surging and beginning to place a strain on our healthcare system (especially staffing)," Utah Lt. Gov Spencer Cox wrote on Twitter. "Sadly, we are now seeing increased fatalities.
Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Wyoming have all seen record-high hospitalization numbers in the past days.

17.Juggs » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:40 am

Because the odds of actually dying from are so insanely low that people are willing to take the risk over becoming a recluse. I've heard a few old people say they'd rather risk it and die from unlikely, but possibly COVID than be stuck at home, only to die in a year or two from something else...because they're old and the clock is ticking anyway. A lot of them don't give a fuck. A lot of them "leave it up to God".

The % as a whole is still insignificant.

18.9508 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Go out and live then. And let those who want to be reclusive be reclusive.

The economy will sputter and we’ll likely see a turn in the job markets to the negative again.

Unless you believe that because a minority of the population wants to get back to normal at all costs that we should force everyone too.

User avatar 19.Irish Mike » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:42 pm

How is anyone forced to do anything? Even if every store, bar, and restaurant are open no one is forced to either shop there or work there. Stay home if you're scared.

20.Juggs » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:42 pm

The economy will sputter and we’ll likely see a turn in the job markets to the negative again.

Unless you believe that because a minority of the population wants to get back to normal at all costs that we should force everyone too.
That's what I've said all along. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue.

No one has ever said to force people to go out into public. If you're afraid of COVID, get your shit delivered and stay home. Let the rest of the country live their lives. That's not what the government has done or wants to do. They want to tell everyone what to do to protect a tiny fraction.

21.9508 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:51 pm

That's what I've said all along. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue.

No one has ever said to force people to go out into public. If you're afraid of COVID, get your shit delivered and stay home. Let the rest of the country live their lives. That's not what the government has done or wants to do. They want to tell everyone what to do to protect a tiny fraction.
Man, you live in Florida, where the Governor just overrode the ability of local governments to pass Covid restrictions.

Is that not the opposite of what you are describing?

22.9508 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:58 pm

How is anyone forced to do anything? Even if every store, bar, and restaurant are open no one is forced to either shop there or work there. Stay home if you're scared.
And that’s what will happen. That’s exactly the point. There is no “normal” until Rona is controlled. The economy will sputter until this happens. So all these people bitching about efforts to control it are living in a fantasy where if we throw off restrictions we’ll get back to normal.

Part of the problem is this group believes the only option for dealing with CV is vaccines or treatment. Even though you can see other countries around the world doing substantially better than us without either of those things.

Even if we get a vaccine by November, it will be late next year before enough people have it to make a difference.

Trump optimistically bragged about 200k units a day.

That’s 4.5 years to make a vaccine for every American.

Let’s put on masks, wash our hands, stop the stupid shit and get this thing heading the right way.

23.evil gator » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:01 pm

Treatment continues to get better tho, that was my point about the old fat man.

I do feel bad for restaurant workers. I wonder how many restaurants will close permanently once their lease is up.

The death rate seems much lower than before, is that backed up 95 and others good at math?

24.9508 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:06 pm

I do feel bad for restaurant workers. I wonder how many restaurants will close permanently once their lease is up.

The death rate seems much lower than before, is that backed up 95 and others good at math?
The death rate is definitely in decline (but we still are killing a lot of people daily and Covid is now the number 3 cause of death in America) but I don’t thing holding up the President, who got care that pretty much no one else could/would get at a cost that would cripple most people is a good example of the care folks will receive.

We would save a lot more lives if we could just get folks to consistently follow some basic practices.

25.evil gator » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:13 pm

The death rate is definitely in decline (but we still are killing a lot of people daily and Covid is now the number 3 cause of death in America) but I don’t thing holding up the President, who got care that pretty much no one else could/would get at a cost that would cripple most people is a good example of the care folks will receive.

We would save a lot more lives if we could just get folks to consistently follow some basic practices.
Well sure, there are clearly some cultural issues with the practices, and the freedom us citizens are legally assured and take for granted make it problematic. I think the religious stuff is extremely difficult. While clearly churches and practices are spreaders, we have religious liberty. It’s not an easy situation. Look at the nyc Hasidic Jewish community. Do you call them out? Does that make someone anti Semitic? I have friends who still go to indoor religious services proudly and I don’t really get why it can’t be done at home or online but it seems a violation to deny it.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else