Eponymous Shlinks in the Time of Virus

Moderators: shutout, Jabbroni, Irish Mike

876.lil numby » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:52 pm

I know some of you don't like SEC Shorts, but I do so fuck off.

this might be the worst one yet

User avatar 877.DocZaius » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 pm

What can happen to the Football team? I know this has implications for federal funding, but are they subject to NCAA punishment?
That's a good question and depends on the whims of the NCAA. Remember what happened at Penn State - I don't think NCAA rules necessarily prohibited JoePa from turning a blind eye to one of his assistants ass-raping ten-year-old boys in the showers but they laid the hammer down anyway, and then rescinded a bunch of the sanctions as part of a settlement after some Penn State trustees got all butt-hurt about it and sued.

878.evil gator » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:04 pm

What can happen to the Football team? I know this has implications for federal funding, but are they subject to NCAA punishment?
That's a good question and depends on the whims of the NCAA. Remember what happened at Penn State - I don't think NCAA rules necessarily prohibited JoePa from turning a blind eye to one of his assistants ass-raping ten-year-old boys in the showers but they laid the hammer down anyway, and then rescinded a bunch of the sanctions as part of a settlement after some Penn State trustees got all butt-hurt about it and sued.
Yeah what a bunch of fucking shit. Still they are arguably still clawing their way out of the morass

User avatar 879.Cus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Tre Grimes on his penalty when Shorter caught the TD:
"I seen his touchdown and I ran up and I'm just like, 'Yo, that's an amazing catch,'" Grimes said. "I didn't have my helmet on but the first thing I think was to run down there and congratulate him, 'cause I know how exciting it was and how good of a catch it was. Then I realized when I was next to him, I was like 'Man, my helmet's off, I know I'm about to get a PI,' so I kind of tried to turn around and walked away, and the ref looked me in my eyes and said, 'You can't do that,' and threw the flag right in front of me."

880.evil gator » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:09 pm

yeah in a game like that its not a big deal, esp when there has been talk of Grimes having attitude issues.

User avatar 881.DocZaius » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:49 pm

170 arrested in Tallacrappee in sex trafficking operation

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 322374002/

We know they didn’t play for FSU because the police actually did their job.

882.52:20 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:53 pm

Coaches were involved, complaint stemmed from the players getting forcibly penetrated every Saturday.

883.PG. » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:33 am

Rimshot.

No pun intended.

884.PG. » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:35 am

:rimshot:

Forgot about the smiley.

User avatar 885.Panamag8or » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Clempson/fsu postponed cuz covid. Good news for Trask.

886.Fishon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 pm

FSU just postponing their beatdown. I see your point regarding Trask, but lawrence getting a chance to blow up his stats closer to heisman voting probably favors him. The nulls aren’t getting any better in a month

887.52:20 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 am

I bet $1k on Clemson to cover, I think they would have beat the spread by double digits easy

User avatar 888.MoralityULack » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:48 am

Dabo Swinney: COVID-19 'was just an excuse' for Florida State to call off game vs. Clemson

889.52:20 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Yeah, they ducked it. They are probably doing everything they can to cancel it altogether

User avatar 890.MoralityULack » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:24 pm

We all know it. Funny that Dabo would say it out loud.

User avatar 891.RIP » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Enjoy some good news shrouded in word salad (from Spivey):
Here are some notes that I've gathered on guys who will be back this week or not back this week.
Back this week:
Kyle Pitts
James Houston
Stewart Reese- he missed last week as he was dealing with his shoulder injury from the Arkansas game. They wanted him to rest another week.

Questionable:
Jeremiah Moon

Not back this week:
Anthony Richardson
Trent Whittemore
Kamar Wilcoxson
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else