Newest Commute/work/bitch thread

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1101.evil gator » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:53 pm

Guy on the pre webinar zoom seemed to have wake and baked

User avatar 1102.Panamag8or » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:05 pm

Chik-fil-a is regressing. They got rid of curbside pickup, so if you order on the app, you still have to go through the drive-thru. I mean, the whole point of ordering on tbe app is to avoid that shit.

1103.Tommy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:20 pm

Dental surgery sucks.

1104.Juggs » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm

The school gives to-go dinners out in the drive pickup line in n fridays. The poor people of course stop to take as many as they can. The problem? It’s at the beginning of the lane. We end up with constant 8 car gaps in the line and traffic backs up even further on the main road. Morons.

User avatar 1105.Jabbroni » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:26 pm

My granddaughter likes the animated Spiderman shows. I ordered her a Spiderman hoodie and she loves it. I mean, she loves it! She slept with it (didn't wear it, just slept with it) the night it arrived. First thing she said the next morning was to ask me to put her jacket on her. I did. Now we can't get the damn thing off of her. She refuses to let us take it off of her.

Can I just powerwash her with the hoodie on?

I'll hang up and listen.
Jabbs (Stink/Stank/Stunk)

User avatar 1106.DocZaius » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:32 pm

I don't what it is, but little kids - male or female - LOVE Spider-Man more than other super heroes.

She'll take it off eventually, just let her wear it.

User avatar 1107.angrigator » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:38 pm

All my grands had something they attached to. Don’t sweat it. Sneak wash it. My wife still has a stuffed dog Bugler that she has kept for over 60 years. :lol:

User avatar 1108.Irish Mike » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:14 am

My younger daughter has her kitty doll that I put in her crib when she was in the NICU after she was born . She is 17 now.

Don't think she'll ever get rid of it.

1109.9508 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:22 am

My younger daughter has her kitty doll that I put in her crib when she was in the NICU after she was born . She is 17 now.

Don't think she'll ever get rid of it.
My kid has her doll “Yellow Baby” on her bed at college. She’s starting grad school soon.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

1110.Juggs » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:48 pm

I don't what it is, but little kids - male or female - LOVE Spider-Man more than other super heroes.

She'll take it off eventually, just let her wear it.
Mine couldn’t care less about anything Marvel related. The only part she’ll even watch is baby groot dancing at the beginning of GOTG2.

Ava has a stuffed dolphin she sleeps with and it travels with us anywhere we go overnight. Got it when we went to Sea World when she was the 3. The dolphin show starred Ava and Ace. If the house were burning down, Ace would be the one thing she’d grab.

1111.evil gator » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:15 pm

our fucking comms director - right before we have to pull the trigger on this annual process he proposes all these changes that involve less work for his team (which originally was expanded to take this responsibility!), he sends out a ton of documentation and proposes to shift a bunch of the shit to my team - at a time my team is the busiest with a new administration, confirmation hearings, new congress, exec orders to read. The fucking lazy conniving prick.

1112.9508 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Fill cup with pee, fling cup.

1113.evil gator » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:58 pm

its tough but I've given intel to my boss to use against him and I'm going to sit back and watch him burn. Maybe not today but someday! restraining my hillbilly

BTW, we had part of this in a document, and he asked "what is SCC?"

SCC: It reinstates an interagency working group to develop calculations for the social costs of greenhouse gases, including the well-known social cost of carbon used in many rulemakings.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M DEALING WITH HERE

1114.Juggs » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:45 pm

One of my clients, a city manager for one of the towns outside Gainesville. Sent me some changes he wants to a project a couple months ago. Clear as day and simple. But he says he wants to talk to me about them so there's no confusion. I just did them anyway because it took 5 minutes. I told him to set a time and we'll speak. Every 2 weeks he asks if I'm available in the next day or two to discuss the changes. Every time I tell him I'm available any time he wants to call, whatever is good for him. For 2 months now. WTF dude.

1115.9508 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:54 pm

its tough but I've given intel to my boss to use against him and I'm going to sit back and watch him burn. Maybe not today but someday! restraining my hillbilly

BTW, we had part of this in a document, and he asked "what is SCC?"

SCC: It reinstates an interagency working group to develop calculations for the social costs of greenhouse gases, including the well-known social cost of carbon used in many rulemakings.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M DEALING WITH HERE
Yikes!

User avatar 1116.DocZaius » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:08 pm

From a list-serve that I'm on for work:
Just finished reading House Bill 179/Senate Bill 0476 and am thrilled to know that the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992 is being amended to include "Protected Hairstyles" within its list of civil rights protections.

Sexual orientation and gender identity are NOT protected against every imaginable form of discrimination...but be at peace, your hairstyle is. Sometimes I think that it is time to die.

House Bill 179 and Senate Bill 0476--- This act may be cited as the "Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair Act" or "CROWN Act."

760.07 Remedies for unlawful discrimination.—Any violation of any state law Florida statute that makes unlawful discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, protected hairstyle, handicap, or marital status in the areas of education, employment, or public accommodations gives rise to a cause of action for all relief and damages described in s. 760.11(5), unless greater damages are expressly provided for. If the statute prohibiting unlawful discrimination provides an administrative remedy,

760.10 Unlawful employment practices.— (1) It is an unlawful employment practice for an employer: (a) To discharge or to fail or refuse to hire any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, protected hairstyle, handicap, or marital status. (b) To limit, segregate, or classify employees or applicants for employment in any way that which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities, or adversely affect any individual's status as an employee, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, protected hairstyle, handicap, or marital status.
(bolded words were highlighted in yellow in the original).

User avatar 1117.Irish Mike » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:09 pm

What is the definition of a protected hairtstyle?

1118.Juggs » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:14 pm

What is the definition of a protected hairtstyle?
Hopefully dreads. Stop these fucking white hippies and trashy white girls from wearing dreads :puke:

Which reminds me, my mail lady rocks ruffs and stuffs with her afro puffs

User avatar 1119.DocZaius » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:22 pm

From the House version of the bill. The Senate version calls them "protective" hairstyles (which mirrors proposed legislation in a number of other states and the feds. Apparently, this is a nationwide movement).
(11) "Protected hairstyle" means hair characteristics historically associated with race, such as hair texture and styles, including, but not limited to, braids, locks, or twists.
I mean, I kind of get it - let's avoid using hair as a pretext for discrimination based on race - but I would think that you could already make that case without protecting certain hairstyles. Does this law also protect stupid white kids who wear their hair in dreadlocks?

1120.evil gator » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:23 pm

Yeah I think ups just recently allowed some shit beards? Tattoos? Braids? Like who cares what you look like hand me my package. All that shit is dumb. Though I feel like it did with UPS, the market fixed this stuff - they needed drivers and realized no one cares what they look like.

So while I don’t know if laws and regs are always the answer, I think it’s dumb to expect to people with curly hair to have to straighten it to work.

User avatar 1121.Irish Mike » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:51 pm

From the House version of the bill. The Senate version calls them "protective" hairstyles (which mirrors proposed legislation in a number of other states and the feds. Apparently, this is a nationwide movement).
(11) "Protected hairstyle" means hair characteristics historically associated with race, such as hair texture and styles, including, but not limited to, braids, locks, or twists.
I mean, I kind of get it - let's avoid using hair as a pretext for discrimination based on race - but I would think that you could already make that case without protecting certain hairstyles. Does this law also protect stupid white kids who wear their hair in dreadlocks?
What about long haired freaky people?

User avatar 1122.Irish Mike » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:52 pm

Yeah I think ups just recently allowed some shit beards? Tattoos? Braids? Like who cares what you look like hand me my package. All that shit is dumb. Though I feel like it did with UPS, the market fixed this stuff - they needed drivers and realized no one cares what they look like.

So while I don’t know if laws and regs are always the answer, I think it’s dumb to expect to people with curly hair to have to straighten it to work.
When I was a kid, guys couldn't wear an earring when working at Publix. Today, the Publix in my neighborhood had a bald kid with lighting bolt tattoos on his head.

1123.evil gator » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:56 pm

Kids today! I had to wear panty hose at my first job!

User avatar 1124.Irish Mike » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Kids today! I had to wear panty hose at my first job!
Me too! /mex

1125.evil gator » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:08 pm

Haha
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else