Rod Stewart (not dead)

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.Panamag8or » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:07 pm

75 years old today.
Let that marinate.

2.evil gator » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:23 pm

He's always looked it.

Anyone else read Elton john's bio? He and rod would do things like ruin each other's ads for albums. seems like a funny dude

User avatar 3.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:38 pm

I saw he got in a fight with a bouncer a few days ago. (Actually I think his son started it and Rod joined in)

4.gatorbreeze » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Shanghai Lil never used the pill
She claimed that it just ain't natural
She took me up on deck and bit my neck
Oh people i was glad I found her
Last edited by gatorbreeze on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

5.Denver-Gator » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:28 pm

I'll give you a little VDish story...

One of my co-workers back in the day when I worked in Palm Beach County was an excellent guitar player and had a band named Freeway Jam. Yes, after the Jeff Beck song.

Jeff Beck came to watch him one night and Beck jokingly threatened to sue the band. They became friends, and talked quite often. Beck was dealing with addiction and basically being broke at the time and was shacking up in Rod's Palm Beach island house.

So, I have like 4 degrees of separation between Rod Stewart and myself. Cool story, huh

User avatar 6.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:56 pm

One of my co-workers back in the day when I worked in Palm Beach County was an excellent guitar player and had a band named Freeway Jam. Yes, after the Jeff Beck song.

Jeff Beck came to watch him one night and Beck jokingly threatened to sue the band. They became friends, and talked quite often. Beck was dealing with addiction and basically being broke at the time and was shacking up in Rod's Palm Beach island house.

So, I have like 4 degrees of separation between Rod Stewart and myself. Cool story, huh
Interesting. The work Rod Stewart did with Jeff Beck is some of his best stuff. I think Beck is the best of the famous Yardbird guitarists. Beck is very secretive. Its hard to get a handle on what he is like personally.

7.rampart » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:19 pm

If you were VD you would have zero degrees of separation

8.Juggs » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 pm

He's been 75 since I was born.

9.HG 2.0 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 pm

If you were VD you would have zero degrees of separation
And got thrown out for sneaking into the concert
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else