future locked political thread - WWIII

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

76.GFY » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm

Vince Vaughn spoke to Trump at the NC game, we all need to burn our copies of The Breakup

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebr ... spartanntp
Impeach that muthafucka! Oh...wait.

77.GFY » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:12 pm

this is one of the things that makes liberals hard to take seriously...you're going to crucify a guy for hanging out with the President and First Lady for a few minutes and shaking his hand??...retards...
Both sides crucify people for dumb shit like this, haven't you seen Reb's memes? It isn't a liberal or conservative thing.
The million moms are outraged a Burger King ad said “Damn”.

That’s like the 467th thing you out to be worried about at Burger King.
Damn!

78.Juggs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Retards on the corners with "Remove Trump" signs.

Um, not a single person driving in Gainesville right now gets that vote.

User avatar 79.DocZaius » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 pm

My thoughts on VV, he was very hot when he was young and skinny but got puffy over the years and is not as much now.

80.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:40 pm

My thoughts on VV, he was very hot when he was young and skinny but got puffy over the years and is not as much now.
that movie was okay but people who acted/act like it need to die

User avatar 81.DocZaius » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:49 pm

that movie was okay but people who acted/act like it need to die
It's the only movie I can remember where Vince Vaughn was skinny.

82.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 pm

he was in a bunch of indie stuff in the 90s

83.Juggs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:58 pm

He's also a very outspoken Libertarian.

84.Denver-Gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Back to impeachment...
The Government Accountability Office says the Trump administration broke the law when it withheld US security aid to Ukraine last year that had been appropriated by Congress -- an issue at the center of the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

The GAO, a nonpartisan congressional watchdog, said in a decision issued Thursday that the White House budget office violated the Impoundment Control Act, a 1974 law that limits the White House from withholding funds that Congress has appropriated.

The Office of Management and Budget told the GAO it "withheld the funds to ensure that they were not spent 'in a manner that could conflict with the President's foreign policy,'" said Thomas Armstrong, the GAO's general counsel.
"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the GAO wrote. "OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act. The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA."

85.HG 2.0 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Back to impeachment...
The Government Accountability Office says the Trump administration broke the law when it withheld US security aid to Ukraine last year that had been appropriated by Congress -- an issue at the center of the impeachment of President Donald Trump.

The GAO, a nonpartisan congressional watchdog, said in a decision issued Thursday that the White House budget office violated the Impoundment Control Act, a 1974 law that limits the White House from withholding funds that Congress has appropriated.

The Office of Management and Budget told the GAO it "withheld the funds to ensure that they were not spent 'in a manner that could conflict with the President's foreign policy,'" said Thomas Armstrong, the GAO's general counsel.
"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the GAO wrote. "OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act. The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA."
Well he won’t be removed from office and likely will be re-elected, so hope you are really prepared for that.

86.Denver-Gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Back to impeachment...

Well he won’t be removed from office and likely will be re-elected, so hope you are really prepared for that.
Possibly, because people like you don't care about our Laws and Constitution anymore, nor Putin's desire to bring Russia back to the influence of the old Soviet empire. I can't believe folks who call themselves Republicans support this guy.
Last edited by Denver-Gator on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

87.GFY » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Is the appropriated money still being withheld?

88.Juggs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Yeah, these people who think he's actually going to be kicked out of office or even on the streets holding signs are just stupid/naive and wasting their time.

89.Denver-Gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:50 pm

When you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you put the cookie back

90.GFY » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm

He was withholding it not stealing it. Thanks Joe.

91.Denver-Gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm

You're a hopeless simpleton that doesn't understand right, wrong, or the law.

92.Denver-Gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Yeah, these people who think he's actually going to be kicked out of office or even on the streets holding signs are just stupid/naive and wasting their time.
You of all people, Mr Mason, Constitution, Founding Fathers, 1840's, etc... should care about what is going on here.

93.evil gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:24 pm

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-envi ... -relations
https://marcelluscoalition.org/2019/06/ ... -lng-deal/

the issue of Russian influence is important, and shouldn't be looked at in a vacuum.

94.Juggs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:27 pm

You of all people, Mr Mason, Constitution, Founding Fathers, 1840's, etc... should care about what is going on here.
I stated a fact. I didn't say I agreed with it or that I like Trump.

You are aware that people are capable of separating their feelings from reality, right?

95.GFY » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:29 pm

I think you’re the hopeless one. I mean, you bitch about Trump, you bitch about the word “Thread” being in the title of thread. If I am not mistaken I would think you are Ramparts twin because he’s a whiny bitch too.

96.9508 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Seems timely to the name calling above.

97.HG 2.0 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Back to impeachment...

Possibly, because people like you don't care about our Laws and Constitution anymore, nor Putin's desire to bring Russia back to the influence of the old Soviet empire. I can't believe folks who call themselves Republicans support this guy.
If trump was a Putin stooge why did he send more weapons to Ukraine to fight Putin?
Russia influences started before trump and will likely outlive trump

There are plenty of people the "broke the law" "violated the constitution" yet NOW you are inconsolably disturbed?

98.9508 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:56 pm

If trump was a Putin stooge why did he send more weapons to Ukraine to fight Putin?
Russia influences started before trump and will likely outlive trump

There are plenty of people the "broke the law" "violated the constitution" yet NOW you are inconsolably disturbed?
Name another president that has asked 2 governments to interfere with an election.

I get that foreign actors will do their best every election to benefit themselves. That is to be expected. It should also be expected that candidates and sitting elected officials should work to oppose this interference. Not invite it.

Or do you disagree?

99.Denver-Gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 pm

I think you’re the hopeless one. I mean, you bitch about Trump, you bitch about the word “Thread” being in the title of thread. If I am not mistaken I would think you are Ramparts twin because he’s a whiny bitch too.
Your simpleton behavior continues. Thread Thread was a random musing on a novelty message board, nothing else. You're too simple to comprehend that. The arguments I make here regarding Trump are purely about how he handles the job and the lawfullness of many of his actions. It's not bitching to point out facts.

100.evil gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Do people think that Pelosi gambit to hold the articles hurt the Ds or makes no diff? Some have speculated it was to hurt Bernie in the primaries
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else