non football viewing consumption medias - Episode 2

Moderators: Irish Mike, shutout, Jabbroni

1326.52:20 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:15 pm

My kid cant stop watching Grizzy and the Lemmings. He's watched the series no less than 2,000,000 times. It's good, but I'm so sick of it.

1327.rampart » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:06 pm

Finished the first season of 30 coins. It could’ve been so much better if it would have stayed more along the lines of a religious conspiracy thriller with a some supernatural events here and there. But it went full on Michael bay the last few episodes. I’ll still try the second season whenever it gets released... if I don’t forget about it.

1328.Juggs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 pm

Darth Maul confirmed to return in one of the new shows, most likely the Obi-Wan show. Hayden to return as Darth Vader in the Obi-Wan series. And Disney announced their plan to address Cara Dune character is to not address her at all. Not recasting her, not killing her off, just pretending she never existed. :lol:

Kathleen Kennedy wanted Favreau fired over his opinion on Dune and moreso what he wants to do with including Luke in Mando S3/S4 and she wants Luke gone. She went to Disney CEO, who basically told her to fuck off

1329.evil gator » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:20 pm

Darth Maul confirmed to return in one of the new shows, most likely the Obi-Wan show. Hayden to return as Darth Vader in the Obi-Wan series. And Disney announced their plan to address Cara Dune character is to not address her at all. Not recasting her, not killing her off, just pretending she never existed. :lol:

Kathleen Kennedy wanted Favreau fired over his opinion on Dune and moreso what he wants to do with including Luke in Mando S3/S4 and she wants Luke gone. She went to Disney CEO, who basically told her to fuck off
my weird former coworker who dresses up like a stormtrooper has a theory that the firing of that actress is related to the Kennedy Favreau feud but I'm not nerdy enough to get it but thought it might give some of you guys a chuckle

1330.Juggs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:23 pm

my weird former coworker who dresses up like a stormtrooper has a theory that the firing of that actress is related to the Kennedy Favreau feud but I'm not nerdy enough to get it but thought it might give some of you guys a chuckle
Haven't heard that, but wouldn't be surprising. One of the other Mando team posted the same political commentary on twitter (a male) that Gina did and he didn't get fired....

1331.Juggs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:24 pm

In HBO news, a prequel series to the Sopranos is in the works with Gandalfini's son to play the young Tony.

User avatar 1332.Irish Mike » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:34 pm

In HBO news, a prequel series to the Sopranos is in the works with Gandalfini's son to play the young Tony.
Maybe they oughta wait and see how the movie turns out before making a series.

1333.rampart » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:38 pm

Really hoping the obi wan show is great. Everything so far indicates it will. As far as Kathleen Kennedy goes - no one likes you, go away.

1334.52:20 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:21 pm

Finished Rectify, was very good. Wish they would have tied up the final loose end, but great regardless. The push/pull they did on the sheriff for the first three seasons was really well done. Thanks for the recommendation. Going off Netflix March 3rd.

Also, Chappell show is back on Netflix, guess Dave finally got paid.

1335.Juggs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:56 pm

I think you're correct, it's a movie not a series.

User avatar 1336.Irish Mike » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 pm

:lol:

I wasn't correcting you. I just assumed they were planning a series on the movie.

1337.Juggs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm

:lol:

I wasn't correcting you. I just assumed they were planning a series on the movie.
No clue now :lol: what I heard was it simply titled “Newark”, but the movie has a longer title.

User avatar 1338.Irish Mike » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 pm

"The Many Saints of Newark"

1339.evil gator » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:30 pm

Banned for misinformation

1340.52:20 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:18 pm

Nate Bargatze has a new Netflix special popping March 18

1341.Juggs » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:12 pm

Looks like Black Sails in that they may be mixing time lines and cross characters who never interacted for the sake of a tv show. But I'll still watch

1342.evil gator » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:42 pm

oh fuck yes!

1343.Fishon » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:56 pm

juggs, have you watched any of the Star Wars Rebels series? It's definitely more aimed at kids, but there are a few really great episodes, including interaction between Darth Maul and Obi Wan on Tatooine. There's a lot of skippable episodes, but some high quality sprinkled in there.

1344.Juggs » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:56 pm

oh fuck yes!
anything on the seas I'm gonna watch. Master & Commander is still a movie I can rewatch every few months

1345.evil gator » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:13 pm

oh fuck yes!
anything on the seas I'm gonna watch. Master & Commander is still a movie I can rewatch every few months
I've seen black sails 45 times

1346.Juggs » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:52 pm

oh fuck yes!
I've seen black sails 45 times
It's a good show. Though I absolutely hate how they treated Blackbeard. They couldn't even work in a smidge of historical accuracy?

User avatar 1348.DocZaius » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:03 pm

I totally missed season 1 when it aired, but the San Francisco season (2? 3?) was great. The one guy was a complete dick, the guy dying of AIDS, the Christian conservative chick who made friends with him, etc.

1349.Juggs » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:17 pm

I totally missed season 1 when it aired, but the San Francisco season (2? 3?) was great. The one guy was a complete dick, the guy dying of AIDS, the Christian conservative chick who made friends with him, etc.
Puck. I think I was 13 or so when that came out. The only season I ever watched.

1350.evil gator » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Its pretty amazing it started about half of what's on TV. I liked all the Real World and Road Rules shows initially because it was interesting to see realish people, but I don't watch any of those shows now.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else